Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    When is the last time Warcraft had anything frightening?
    This moment, for instance:

I'd say that a crying child looking up at the butchered corpse of his mother would count as "frightening", or at the very least a serious and mature scene.

You'll never find anything even remotely close to this in Dragonflight.

You can fiind other grim scenes like this; such as the Forsaken mage torturing a civilian by turning him into a fish, while on land (another grim scene from Brennadam). Or the Proudmoore cadets using a troll prisoner as a literal training dummy. It's small details like this one that made BfA bearable, and you won't find anything like this in Disney Dragonflight.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Let's be honest, though. Sindragosa's voice was awful in WotlK. I think the same voice actress does Raszageth as well.
    I never got behind the hate for the Sindragosa's VA.

Sindragosa clearly was supposed to be tormented, sometimes an unpleasant voice is actually fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

Sindragosa clearly was supposed to be tormented, sometimes an unpleasant voice is actually fitting.
    She doesn't sound tormented. She sounds like trying too hard to sound evil while she doesn't have the voice for that. It sounds like a kids' show villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I'd say that a crying child looking up at the butchered corpse of his mother would count as "frightening", or at the very least a serious and mature scene.
    You'll never find anything even remotely close to this in Dragonflight.
    You can fiind other grim scenes like this; such as the Forsaken mage torturing a civilian by turning him into a fish, while on land (another grim scene from Brennadam). Or the Proudmoore cadets using a troll prisoner as a literal training dummy. It's small details like this one that made BfA bearable, and you won't find anything like this in Disney Dragonflight.
    You dont know thats the kids mother, perhaps its the favorite shopkeep.
    Also did you just assume the impaled persons gender?!?

Jokes aside yea there is nothing like that in DF, i honestly dont even recall those depictions.
    Desensitisation is a mighty effect.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

Yea I thought it was great, people just got spooked from her roaring on login screen or annoyed from returning every week to kill her animated bones.

DF is rife with decay everywhere, i'm quite confident things will get horrific before this expansion is over.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2023-01-29 at 04:46 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Yea I thought it was great, people just got spooked from her roaring on login screen or annoyed from returning every week to kill her animated bones.

DF is rife with decay everywhere, i'm quite confident things will get horrific before this expansion is over.
    Yeah, "decay" with some cute Disney puppies... Err, I mean, gnolls. How scary, I'm shacking.

Meanwhile, BfA also had the theme of decay, and it was way more freaky and disturbing, with all the grim stuff going on with G'Huun and the Drustvar coven of witches.

Notice how everyone was freaked out by Drustvar and Nazmir, but no one really cares about the gnoll part of Azure Span.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-01-29 at 05:25 PM.

You knw that WoW has always been rated Teen, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Smaug from the Hobbit trilogy, the dragons from Reign of Fire (horrible movie but still), King Ghidorah (you could definitely argue is a dragon) are a few that I would hardly call kid friendly... I think you're a bit backwards here. Are you watching kids movies like Shrek and How to Train Your Dragon and thinking that's how all dragons are like? because that's definitely not the case. There are good dragons and evil dragons. That's basically it. Just because there are more good dragons than evil ones doesn't magically make the evil ones disappear.

also, dragons in the Bible? really? Dragons don't exist, so yeah I don't know what drugs they were smoking when they came up with that in the bible but yeah they're mythical creatures. Next you'll be carrying on about unicorns and how they're all represented as good, pure creatures
    Actually if you read my earlier posts you'd see that my thinking is the complete opposite. I was just conceding a point that back in the day a trend started with pseudo friendly dragons. It's the practice of taking something that is scary and could kill you and turning it into a friendly character. Kind of like how they have done with Dinosaurs, and Lions, and Tigers, and Bears...oh my

Since I was a kid and started playing Dungeons and Dragons in the 80's watching the original animated Hobbit and Dragonslayer, I had the image of dragons in my head as terrifying creatures. Whenever I saw those cutesy-fied dragons on TV shows or something I always rolled my eyes.

WoW final raid boss evil dragon vs random dragon in ESO. Easier to spot the Disney when a comparison is next to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW doing better in activity then it did whole SL and BFA, what ever they doing, they are doing it hella fine.
    Keep up the good work Blizzard. Glad to see them going closer to 4M daily players again instead of 500k.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    WoW final raid boss evil dragon vs random dragon in ESO. Easier to spot the Disney when a comparison is next to it.
    Lol how is this even related to disney? Proto drake been a thing since WOTLK. You are basically making fun of WoW's graphicstyle, then make fun of 2004 WoW too please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    WoW doing better in activity then it did whole SL and BFA, what ever they doing, they are doing it hella fine.
    Keep up the good work Blizzard. Glad to see them going closer to 4M daily players again instead of 500k.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol how is this even related to disney? Proto drake been a thing since WOTLK. You are basically making fun of WoW's graphicstyle, then make fun of 2004 WoW too please.
    Regardless of the veracity of that comparison, it's still fun to make fun of Raszageth's small arm.

First thing you do entering dragon islands is get a quest from a drakonid asking you to slaughter proto-drake babies and bring him their scales.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You somehow missed the post above the one you quoted where it was said that we don't generally fight non-corrupted dragons; Onyxia? Black dragon that was corrupted when Deathwing was corrupted. Nefarian? Same deal. The Nightmare Dragons? Literally in the name that they were corrupted by the Emerald Nightmare. Murozond? Again, Old God Corruption. Sindragosa? Reanimated by the Lich King. The only dragons you could argue were evil that weren't corrupt were probably Malygos and his faction of blue dragons. You could list a few dragons we fight that were evil by their own choice though. I certainly don't remember every dragon enemy we've fought over the years.
    Malygos got corrupted by the Netherwing dragons.

Wait a minute.

Wait just a minute.

Are you saying that the same thing - say, a dragon - in two games with distinctly different are styles are going to look completely different? Just so I'm sure I understand. Is that what you're trying to say?

Next thing you'll be telling me a Picasso painting looks completely different from a Van Gogh painting. I mean, how could such a thing be at all true?

Come on, dude. WoW's art style has always been brighter and more cartoonish than most other games out there. Of course things aren't going to look the same as in other games. What kind of argument is that?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    One would expect what we got with MoP from an eastern martial art expansion. I don't know how many people expect over-friendly dragons from a fantasy game unless you're playing Spyro or watching Dragon Tales.
    I expect nothing from dragons in games. We have had many games new and old. For kids and adults. Where dragons where easy to beat or end game bosses. Friendly, or enemy. You as player can play a full on dragon, half dragon etc. For me dragons are most of the time end game bosses or mounts. But if i talk WoW dragons i see all kinds of dragons. Dragons that are half or full on or human form dragons. Dragons that are ugly and beasts and the enemy. And ones that are hot ( like chromie ).

You expections are yours alone. Everyone has different expection. Some liked the new flying some did not.

But this thread is about: is WoW gotten to family friendly....

NO. it has D.e.t.h.a in it. We had part of expansions or whole expansion that have been nice. But also mass muder, burning of a city sized tree, after life, torture etc etc . Corpses laying around. Hell in dragonflight in the wrathion/sebelion part of their fortress and serounding area's you have dragon corpses hanging and lying around.

People who expect WoW to be cyberpunk, dark souls or movie wise : Saw, hellraiser . Or complain that its not something like that are just silly.
    WoW has never been that rough.

5+ Year Old Account
    DF reeks of basic white girl writing.
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean.....with the exception of like Deathwing and maybe Malygos they've ALWAYS been that way in wow? Dragons in Warcraft are more on the benevolent demi god side of things over the Malevolent creatures of destruction in other media. I mean Red Dragons have legitimately been the Dragons of life with green being protectors of nature. I mean if you see this now versus before you just weren't paying attention
    In Warcraft 2 dragons were used to conquer the world (almost). In Warcraft 3 they were either evil or neutral, and if neutral they would be easily angered and attack you. In WoW they were pretty much always villains, Blackrock Spire dungeons, Blackwing Lair, Dragons of Nightmare, Naxx Sapphiron, Malygos, Obsidian Sanctum, whole Cataclysm, Murozond, Deathwing, Ysera in Legion, etc.

In lore they are supposed to be the good guys, but they always fall to corruption one way or another and end up as villains.
    The only Aspect that hasn't gone evil yet is Alexstrasza. It's the exception that proves the rule.

So I'd say being evil is their main thing.

snip
    lol you are kidding me right?
    WoW has always for 20 years been looking like this. Hell even in Warcraft rts it look a lot like this.

Because ESO dragon does not look like Drogon....so its also bad.

Different styles.

And "disney" style is getting real old, real fast. Everyone hating on disney...they are a kids companie...what did you expect from them. Pam/tommy s tape?
    Them being the main sponsor of p hub?

People have their own style of things...live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    2004 WoW had Onyxia and Nefarian, who looked a lot more menacing than anything this expansion. Razageth looks like a big chicken with horns. And this is the best they could come up with 19 years later. You'd expect them to improve, not go backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Malygos got corrupted by the Netherwing dragons.
    Anything specific? What I read he woke up, saw netherwing drakes try to gain power from his nexus, he absorbed their magic instead and became more sane from it.