Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'm a fucking anti-capitalist and I support this
    You're a blind consumer trained to see yourself as an anti-capitalist despite supporting the abuses of the capitalist economy

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I was just joking bro! I totally knew the game was $70 on 2/3 platforms including the only one that had the game I was joking about!
    Do you want me to go put a fucking asterisk on the post and put on the fucking PC in big, bold letters so you can enjoy being technically correct about something on the internet? Jesus fucking Christ. It was a light-hearted jab and you're losing your fucking mind over it.

Do you want me to go put a fucking asterisk on the post and put on the fucking PC in big, bold letters so you can enjoy being technically correct about something on the internet? Jesus fucking Christ. It was a light-hearted jab and you're losing your fucking mind over it.
    It was a completely incorrect jab. You're losing your mind about it being pointed out as such. The game is $70 on every platform where it's not on a sub service. If you paid $60 to play it on PC you scammed yourself since you could play it for $15.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Why would it be?

Remember folks: there's ACTUAL PEOPLE behind the games. Devs, QA, etc. EA Made their money already. Buying a remake of a game you already have is questionable unless all you're going for is "ERMERGERD PRETTY GRAPHICS". Story hasn't changed, game is still about the same as before, just glammed up to modern standards. Watched a streamer play it on Impossible and he only died one time cause of his own stupidity. He's said if they redo 2 he'll play it too.

Its like people getting mad at others for wanting to play Hogwarts Legacy. Sure, JK Rowling is a fucking piece of shit, but she already made her money when she sold the rights to make the game. Why should the devs, play testers, REAL PEOPLE, be punished for making a game with her IP?
    If we don't vote with our wallets then the bigot fatcats win
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

It's a really good remake. And much better a game than Callisto Protocal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    You're a blind consumer trained to see yourself as an anti-capitalist despite supporting the abuses of the capitalist economy
    Look dude, if you want to start a revolution of the proletariat on a message board for a game where we slay internet dragons for imaginary loot, please do. Sign me the fuck up. But since that social revolution is still about 2-300,000 years (and a few complete resets of society) away, I'm just going to stick to the OP and say that I enjoyed this video game and felt like it's worth the money they're asking for it. We good with that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It was a completely incorrect jab. You're losing your mind about it being pointed out as such. The game is $70 on every platform where it's not on a sub service. If you paid $60 to play it on PC you scammed yourself since you could play it for $15.
    I'm sorry I didn't fact check a post I spent 13 seconds typing up. You have won the internet argument. Have a nice day, friend.

7+ Year Old Account
    No your not fucking evil for buying a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    No he really isn't. Not everyone working on a game is on the level of a greedy executive. Don't be disingenuous.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Why would it be?

Remember folks: there's ACTUAL PEOPLE behind the games. Devs, QA, etc. EA Made their money already. Buying a remake of a game you already have is questionable unless all you're going for is "ERMERGERD PRETTY GRAPHICS". Story hasn't changed, game is still about the same as before, just glammed up to modern standards. Watched a streamer play it on Impossible and he only died one time cause of his own stupidity. He's said if they redo 2 he'll play it too.

Its like people getting mad at others for wanting to play Hogwarts Legacy. Sure, JK Rowling is a fucking piece of shit, but she already made her money when she sold the rights to make the game. Why should the devs, play testers, REAL PEOPLE, be punished for making a game with her IP?
    Agreed. Too often these "moral" stances ignore the entirely new group of people they hurt.

Dead space has always been a "watch a playthrough" series for me anyway. If you're going to bring the camera that close to the character just make it first person so I don't constantly have 1/3 the the screen covered with a character model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

havent tried the remake but i 100% think this game was due one,horror is always improved by better graphics,and the controls in the original were disgusting,idk if thatwas fixed but i would asume so

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    considering that EA killed Dead Space for a decade just out of spite for it not meeting their impossible sales standards. It should be noted the original writers of Dead Space refused to tweet much about Dead Space 4 (plot details, concepts, etc) "in case EA returned to the franchise."

So with that in mind, if you buy the remake, are you supporting evil and/or insulting the original creators? That is all.
    Big gaming companies never do anything out of spite or the like. DS started doing horrible sales and was not worth the investment in paying employees to work on it when. When they could work on better projects, that is it.

I'm a fucking anti-capitalist
    what?i mean i get that unchecked capitalism can be bad,regulations need to exist to protect people,but flat out anti capitalism?do you...even know what capitalism is?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    what?i mean i get that unchecked capitalism can be bad,regulations need to exist to protect people,but flat out anti capitalism?do you...even know what capitalism is?
    Totally unrelated to the topic but my beliefs most closely align with social anarchism. (I'm not nearly as angry as some.) I'm also a realist and know the social revolution needed to topple capitalism will not be happening in my lifetime. I'm content with using my meager, mostly pointless existence extolling the virtues of social programs where I can and helping people understand the underlying issues capitalism brings with it.

My brother, you are supporting evil by buying eggs and turning on a stove.

Video games as the place you draw a personal morality line, to be frank, is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose184 View Post
    Imagine calling someone evil just because they canceled a game
    Have you seen the sort of stuff Yuppie posts over in the Politics sub-forum? He was practically salivating at the prospect of nuclear war over Ukraine several times last year.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Agreed. Too often these "moral" stances ignore the entirely new group of people they hurt.
    "You should support big gaming corporations' malpractices because there's actual people working on them, not just execs" has to be the silliest take I've seen in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    It's definitely extremely dumb to buy any remake, unless it's a full remake of a game old/outdated enough that you basically can't run it on modern systems anymore. Wouldn't call it any more immoral than buying games from any of the EA/Ubi/Actiblizz axis of evil in the first place, though.
    Having gotten most of the way through the remake now, I have to say it's a pretty good remake. Aside from the obvious massive improvement to graphics given the 15 year gap between the original and the remake, the Ishimura itself is more open and exploration is encouraged to find weapon upgrades and power nodes rather than the game being strictly linear. That's on top of the improved gore effects and the so-called 'Peeling' of the game where every shot peels through flesh, muscle and bone. Ups the body horror and gruesomeness when you blast a Slasher necromorph with the Force Gun and realize you practically flayed its skin off unalive.

Weapons have been rebalanced too; worthless ones like the Flamethrower and Pulse Gun have been drastically improved. Flamethrower is really useful for crowd control and the Pulse Guns alt-fire mode is actually useful unlike the 360 degree rotating shots it did before. There are also side quests to help flesh out the lore/story a bit. Isaac Clarke is also actually a character this time around since he has his VA from DS2 and 3 voicing him and he actually interacts with other characters. Some of the more hair pulling sections like the turret sections have been redone, too.

I still don't find it scary, mind, but I didn't find the original scary, either. Oh it could startle me with jump scares but my cat can jump scare me, too. I play a lot of survival horror games so I feel a bit desensitized to survival horror games at times and can generally accurately predict when I'm going to get jumped or a supposed scare is supposed to happen.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

I can't see a reason to buy that remake, the original is still perfectly playable and still looks good. In fact when people do those "those sign has changed" images comparing the old and the new game they look almost identical graphics-wise.
    It blows my mind that people pay 60 bucks for a slight graphical upgrade. But hey, it's your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    "You should support big gaming corporations' malpractices because there's actual people working on them, not just execs" has to be the silliest take I've seen in a while.
    Depends a bit on what it is.

If it's stuff like "this product has a bunch of manipulating monetization practices", of course you shouldn't buy lootboxes, just so that some dev who might or might not be forced to put those into his game gets to make even more of those.

The malpractice here seems to be "10 years ago this publisher canceled a franchise for bad reasons" or "this publisher remakes its games and sells them again".
    Those are silly reasons to boykott a game out of principle, imo. It's a new product and there is no deception over what it is. And being a remake doesn't really target anyones vulnarabilites to trick him into spending money, they don't want to spend.
    Just buy it if you want to play it. Don't buy it, if you don't. No moral deliberations required.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    The malpractice here seems to be "10 years ago this publisher canceled a franchise for bad reasons" or "this publisher remakes its games and sells them again".
    That's exactly the case. They are killing the industry with this crap. Not that it just started with the remasters/remakes fad, EA has been reselling the same games yearly for 15 years now. Well, maybe I shouldn't get so dramatic, they may not be killing the whole industry, but they are certainly harming it by taking talented devs that could have been working elsewhere on actual fresh games. Obviously the players are largely at fault here for buying into this scheme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.