Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Trolls and orcs were the best hunters. Trolls even had racials related to that earlier.

Orcs also ahve one about dealing and taming creatures, their beastmasters are excellent hunters and, you have the thunderlords who could hunt anything in Draenor.

Elves lost their brutality to be more of rangers-like, and not so much as actual hunters.
    This.

I'd say that trolls got even bigger edge. In Zandalar hunting the beasts got so boring that the new challenge was to take down other hunters. Hemet Nesingwary being humilated by Zandas was one of the best questing experieces I had.

But yes, Trolls and Orcs had to deal with truly monstroous beasts. And Trolls seemed to be like race of Hagrids- the bigger, more dangerous beast the more they love it.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    This.

I'd say that trolls got even bigger edge. In Zandalar hunting the beasts got so boring that the new challenge was to take down other hunters. Hemet Nesingwary being humilated by Zandas was one of the best questing experieces I had.

But yes, Trolls and Orcs had to deal with truly monstroous beasts. And Trolls seemed to be like race of Hagrids- the bigger, more dangerous beast the more they love it.
    It would have been so great, if you had actually assisted that head hunter in his quest to get Hemet mounted on a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbutler View Post
    It would have been so great, if you had actually assisted that head hunter in his quest to get Hemet mounted on a wall.
    Same, I was actually sad I had to fight that hunter instead of chosing to join him. Animals are predictable, taking down legendary hunters is where the fun begins.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    I have wondered about this. Troll civilization has been around for thousands of years by now. They were the first to discover magic and became night elves(Well of eternity radiation) and the first race to tame vicious beasts to use them as mounts and pets. So is it save to say from a lore standing that they are infact the greatest race to ever become hunters and become one with the wilderness of Azeroth?
    I would say the Night Elves as successors have pretty much perfected the art of hunting. Not just with Bow and Arrow, but also through their shapeshifting magic. Malfurion even states to Varian in "Wolfheart" that he prefers to hunt in cat form. On top of the fact that Night Elves in general are the perfect stalkers. Quick, nimble with perfect night vision and stealth at night.

Trolls might be more adapt to hunt big prey though (like the dinos they have) in a more organized archaic hunting form with spears. But in the hunting purely for food I doubt anything can beat a Night Elf.
    Maybe a worgen could be a close second, since they have the advantages of wolfs, who are incredibly good hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I would say the Night Elves as successors have pretty much perfected the art of hunting. Not just with Bow and Arrow, but also through their shapeshifting magic. Malfurion even states to Varian in "Wolfheart" that he prefers to hunt in cat form. On top of the fact that Night Elves in general are the perfect stalkers. Quick, nimble with perfect night vision and stealth at night.

Trolls might be more adapt to hunt big prey though (like the dinos they have) in a more organized archaic hunting form with spears. But in the hunting purely for food I doubt anything can beat a Night Elf.
    Maybe a worgen could be a close second, since they have the advantages of wolfs, who are incredibly good hunters.
    Assuming we're talking non-solo hunting canines are vastly superior in terms of amounts of kills they make in the real world.
    Across South Africa in example (or perhaps the entire African continent, memory's a bit foggy on the scale) it is not the big cats or other famous predators, but rather the African wild dog that kills the most prey, with others not even coming close.
    Consequentially they are also much more numerous, but even accounting for that they are easily the most effective hunters.

But none come close to humanity i would argue, we have been hunting creatures to extinction for millennia with those "archaic hunting forms", so i would argue that to find the perfect hunter you would have to start with a baseline human and see what the new humanoid race has added to it. And though magic is an obvious gamechanger effectively every race has access to at least the general forms of it, so it wouldn't be enough to distinguish between the warcraft races on just "magic".
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Assuming we're talking non-solo hunting canines are vastly superior in terms of amounts of kills they make in the real world.
    Across South Africa in example (or perhaps the entire African continent, memory's a bit foggy on the scale) it is not the big cats or other famous predators, but rather the African wild dog that kills the most prey, with others not even coming close.
    Consequentially they are also much more numerous, but even accounting for that they are easily the most effective hunters.

But none come close to humanity i would argue, we have been hunting creatures to extinction for millennia with those "archaic hunting forms", so i would argue that to find the perfect hunter you would have to start with a baseline human and see what the new humanoid race has added to it. And though magic is an obvious gamechanger effectively every race has access to at least the general forms of it, so it wouldn't be enough to distinguish between the warcraft races on just "magic".
    Humans hunt for sport. Not the art. It isn't really a fair prey stalk if your bring literally machine guns and snipers to the game. Automatic weapons have nothing to do with gathering resources and living with the nature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post

Sure night elves are amazing. But their hunters were turned into a military faction.

As far as hunting goes, I would say Trolls and Orcs take the top spot.

As far as wow hunters work and using pets, I'd say Trolls, Night Elves and Orcs are the top three.

It's in the lore that Trolls/Raptors have a special bond, Orcs/Wolves have a special bond and Night Elves have a special bond with sabers, owls and hippogryphs.

Obviously, as a Blood Elf Farstrider fan, I know Blood Elf Hunters aren't really "hunters." They are merely Rangers and Archers (Marksmanship Hunters, if we're going via specs.)

Trolls, Night Elves and Orcs cover all 3 hunter specs
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2023-02-06 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbutler View Post
    Yes I agree. Hemet has killed too many animals. He disrupts nature beyond scale. I had fingers crossed he finally bites it.

Humans hunt for sport. Not the art. It isn't really a fair prey stalk if your bring literally machine guns and snipers to the game. Automatic weapons have nothing to do with gathering resources and living with the nature.
    Except we hunt far more for food, even in the present.
    And we've been apex predators for millenia now, while weaponised gunpowder is like 500 or 600 years old, to say nothing of snipers or machine guns.

Additionally the tools you mention aren't actually that useful for hunting, just look at Australia's "Emu war" in example.
    Machine guns are nice against creatures with very limited "capacity" to take hits and keep working (like humans, or rather, like humans-in-an-army; "leave no one behind!" is what makes such maiming weapons useful), but they're comically ineffective against, in example, emus.
    Last edited by loras; 2023-02-06 at 12:09 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

That one Zandalari headhunter almost took out Hemet all on his own. That was a satisfying feeling.

That one Zandalari headhunter almost took out Hemet all on his own. That was a satisfying feeling.
    He took him down and used him as a bait to get to Player character.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Night Elfs are obviously the greatest race of hunters, they even got demon hunters!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Night Elfs are obviously the greatest race of hunters, they even got demon hunters!
    Not just Night elves, but also Blood elves.

In Hearthstone, even Void elves and Nightborne have Demon Hunters.

Hunting Demons >>>>>>>> Hunting some shit oversized lizard

Elves are better hunters than Trolls.

There's quite a competition for them, with the Night Elves and Worgens being around.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    There's quite a competition for them, with the Night Elves and Worgens being around.
    I don't think it's even close tbh, while elves are fantastic archers and worgens are fine hunters, trolls entire culture almost revolves around being hunters. They use tamed beasts far more than every other race in lore, and that extends to all troll tribes.
    Other races might be able to exceed trolls in some hunter niches but overall trolls are the absolute top dog when it comes to being hunters.
    Some races have strong bonds with certain species but for trolls there probably isn't a single species that they don't have a bond with, Amani have cats, eagles, dragonhawks and bears, farraki have crocolisks, hydras and other desert fauna, drakkari have tundra animals, bears serpents, whooly rhinos etc and gurubashi have all the jungle animals.
    Whether it's reptiles, birds or mammals trolls have strong bonds with everything.

So you know about as much about hunting and shooting as Blizzard, I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Just because they were the first to do something doesn’t mean they were, or currently are, the best.
    I can't think of any other race in Warcraft that manages to tame beasts as large as dinosaurs on such a frequent basis. Maybe the Orcs in WoD when they enslaved Gronn.

EDIT: I forgot that Orcs enslaved and tamed dragons. That's the only other comparable feat I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    So you know about as much about hunting and shooting as Blizzard, I see.
    Trolls, Tauren, Maruuk and Orcs hunt because they haven't developed agriculture yet. humans in WOW hunt because they want to get trophies they can brag about like Hemet does. That is a clear difference in morality.

Trolls, Tauren, Maruuk and Orcs hunt because they haven't developed agriculture yet. humans in WOW hunt because they want to get trophies they can brag about like Hemet does. That is a clear difference in morality.
    Tauren have a racial called "Cultivaltion", Trolls grow rice, and orcs have at least one non-animal farm in Arathi.
    Last edited by Devonitar; 2023-03-07 at 02:09 PM.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Elves are just fancy trolls.