Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i'm still expecting them to go f2p and move the monthly fee into a premium path for the trading post by 11.0
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    i'm still expecting them to go f2p and move the monthly fee into a premium path for the trading post by 11.0
    Oh for sure. Play the base game for free, get lots of other cool stuff with sub. Makes sense really.

Would probably also bring in alot of new players into the game.

I would personally love a Void expansion, but many people don't want a major cosmic themed expansion too soon so there is another option:

Many forgot about the 8.3 hints about Scarlets returning. I wish that we finally get that world revamp expansion, but at this point, norther EK revamp would also be cool with new lore, stratholme area changes, etc. Silvermoon revamp and Yrel invasion since the light is also present among the Scarlet and that would make the expansion Light themed. For a major character feature, Class Skins would be awesome and they'd be another reason for world revamp as specific specs could visit old world depending on the story and reasons. This could be Artifact weapons questlines 2.0 and additional customization unlockables.

I first mentioned a Void expansion where I'd like to have new race/s available such as Ethereals because K'aresh would be perfect to visit. Have Void Elves finally get some new lore as they would be on the front lines to bring us to that void planet.

EDIT: I realized this reply would better suit in the 10.0 discussion thread so I'm going to reply with same idea there as I'm currently bored at work
    Last edited by Fiercelord; 2023-02-13 at 03:58 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    We had newbie-friendly xpack in the past. WOD. And everybody complained "Too easy!!! No challenge!!!".
    WoD, newbie friendly...? So do newbs like lots of cut content and a shamelessly jumping-the-shark story now? The only good bits of WoD were the levelling zones and visuals/music, but there is nothing especially "newb friendly" in that.

Even if you wanted to equal somehow "newb" with "casual player", there was pretty much no character progression in WoD outside of raids, so it was bound to tank like a bag of bricks, especially since LFR was ruthlessly gutted in terms of rewards. Yes, newbie friendly indeed...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    11.0 Leak here:

World of Warcraft: Infinite
    No new level cap
    New Races: Horde Ogres, Alliance Arakkoa
    World Revamp - New Stormwind and Silvermoon
    Player Housing, instanced in a capital city of your choice
    Timewalking Zones
    My dad's cousin's uncle's step-sister's neighbor's friend told me that it's gonna be Wrath of the Bolvar this time, for sure!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    People said we would get a world revamp in 10.0. People keep saying it because they want it, not because they think it is going to happen. It's not going to happen.
    Well again, the 20th anniversary could push them to do it. I also can't imagine Blizzard being satisfied with some of the older areas of the game. Especially Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    WoD, newbie friendly...? So do newbs like lots of cut content and a shamelessly jumping-the-shark story now? The only good bits of WoD were the levelling zones and visuals/music, but there is nothing especially "newb friendly" in that.

Even if you wanted to equal somehow "newb" with "casual player", there was pretty much no character progression in WoD outside of raids, so it was bound to tank like a bag of bricks, especially since LFR was ruthlessly gutted in terms of rewards. Yes, newbie friendly indeed...
    ...don't forget this is WowisDead64 this is the expansion that gave him gear for doing nothing which is the level of difficulty he expects

And I'm 90% sure if you go back on his posting history he bitched to the high heavens that the enemies in Tanan were too hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I fully expect an expansion announcement either later this year, or next April. 11.0 should be out by November 2024 in time for the anniversary. If I had to guess, I would bet on a WoD sequel where Yrel and her light army are our adversaries.

We’ll probably get a world revamp to boot.
    Very possible, as it would align with WoW2, with WoW2 the start of something new to coincide with the groundwork laid by WoD and Expansion 10 |

They'll announce 'World of Warcraft 2'. It will be a mix of retail and classic, taking lessons learned from both fronts. It will be a semi-fresh take with a fresh start. Set within the Alternate Universe established by WoD during the same timeframe as Vanilla, it will focus primarily on Azeroth and the changes within this alternate timeline. With dungeons/raids new and old. A perfect blend of Classic and Modern WoW. Familiar faces, familiar places, with a twist. Giving players a fresh start with a 'WoW+' experience that people have been asking for.

Man, a lot of people have some high hopes for Blizzard. I think the reality is that they're release another sub-par expansion and add something to the cash shop like a mount or something for the 20th anniversary.

10+ Year Old Account
    not a shot in hell theres a new xpac out. we've barely dipped our toes in dragonflight. it wont be announced until q4 of 2024 at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    not a shot in hell theres a new xpac out. we've barely dipped our toes in dragonflight. it wont be announced until q4 of 2024 at the earliest.
    Nah. New expansion announcement will either be at the end of this year, or early next year. DF was announced a bit late due to the pandemic, but it released right on schedule. Next expansion should be out at the end of 2024, right on time for WoW's 20th anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    New expansion will be announced this year, likely at BlizzCon. No reason to really believe otherwise at this point based on past releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I would argue that the “leak” happened awhile ago;

Oh fuck, you're right, the collapsible friends list was a huge leak that the next expansion is about the collapse of Order on Azeroth once the Titan's lies are revealed, and the galactic conflict that ensues as the various other Realms try to stake their claim on the maturing World Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    11.0 Leak here:

World of Warcraft: Infinite
    No new level cap
    New Races: Horde Ogres, Alliance Arakkoa
    World Revamp - New Stormwind and Silvermoon
    Player Housing, instanced in a capital city of your choice
    Timewalking Zones
    Nah real leak is:

World of Warcraft: Eternal
    Game now F2P
    Maintence Mode payment system. To stop peoples fears of the servers eventually shutting down you can now pay directly into a pool to keep the servers going. Will state how long the servers will remain up for. This is separate from the cash that is spent on the cashshop which goes into dev/profits/etc...

4 New Races: Hairbolg - a carebear ewok combination that can be any color of the rainbow created by Gaia the First One of Life to save the universe. Although they are only 3 feet high they have 15 inch cocks.

Aetherals- Species with no physical body. First physically disabled race. body is made up of sparkles and use a hover wheelchair to get around. Created by Chaos the First One of Void to save the universe.

Hogres- Ogre like hog species with 3 heads. Greatest wizards of all reality. Created by Achlys the First One of Disorder to save the universe.

AraArakoa- Sexy big titty bird Milfs. Greatest warriors of all reality. Created by Chronos the First One of Order to save the universe.

Battle Royale pvp mode

Main villain is Moros a Before Before One who scared the shit out of the First Ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post

Newbie friendly xpack - is xpack, that doesn't have ton of artificial obstacles, so new player doesn't have to constantly stumble upon them. New player doesn't have enough experience to overcome them yet. So, he becomes overwhelmed and quits. Overall newbie-unfriendly game - is game, that requires some experience in some other similar games, like other online games and MMOs. I've played all xpacks. And what I can say - is that WOD has the smoothest content in Wow's history.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    is that WOD has the smoothest content in Wow's history.

You say that because WoD had nothing to offer to progress your character's power unless it was raiding.

Of course you say that because you choose not to do anything challenging or requires any sort of skill on the player's part... partially because you do not have the skill to do anything more than press W and and type /afk.

There is a reason why Blizzard started adding different ways to progress in the game -- different systems, obstacles -- beginning right after WoD. For better or for worse... it gave players more to do.

WoD did not have the smoothest content in WoW's history.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    You say that because WoD had nothing to offer to progress your character's power unless it was raiding.

Of course you say that because you choose not to do anything challenging or requires any sort of skill on the player's part... partially because you do not have the skill to do anything more than press W and and type /afk.

There is a reason why Blizzard started adding different ways to progress in the game -- different systems, obstacles -- beginning right after WoD. For better or for worse... it gave players more to do.

WoD did not have the smoothest content in WoW's history.
    WOD doesn't have any walls, newbie player would hit. SL for example. Removing threads of fate was big mistake. Because level gating in story mode - is terrible thing. I have some 50lvl character with all pre-SL leveling content completed on them, so SL is only option for them. I got 58lvl in Bastion. What happened, when I arrived in Maldraxxus? Yeah, 52lvl grey mobs and 1400 exp per quest. I.e. I was required to complete whole Maldraxxus just for lulz, cuz it wasn't giving me any exp. So I had to get that last 2lvls via doing dungeons, i.e. via sitting in queue. At the end being unable to pick location to level in just for variety makes content boring pretty quick, so switching to leveling via dungeons - is only viable option. Bad thing - queue is too long for DPS and not all classes have healer spec I prefer, because "M+ style tanking or you're kicked" puts too much pressure on me. And dungeons aren't even SL's ones. They're BFA's ones. Total mess. May be it's ok for me, as I'm experienced player and know too well, that this game has long history of broken game designs. But for newbie player it would be "WTF is this s**t??? I quit" moment.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2023-02-15 at 06:23 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I am highly suspicious the next expansion will be light themed cause there is no way Blizz is fixing Ret from the goodness of their hearts. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I am highly suspicious the next expansion will be light themed cause there is no way Blizz is fixing Ret from the goodness of their hearts.
    Funny thing - Ret is ok. It's Monks, who have real button bloat.

Funny thing - Ret is ok. It's Monks, who have real button bloat.
    Several classes/specs have button bloat and could use a revamp. That is why it's suspicious.