Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In the next expansion we will have allied classes or allied specs. You can print this post.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    So what is it? There are still many races who could be a great addition to the factions. Like Ogres, Ankoans/Jinyu, Saberon, Earthen, Furbolgs, Sethrak and so on. Has Blizzard given up on adding those races as a concept or will we see more of it now that a new core race(Dracthyr) was implemented? Discuss!
    Allied Races are just reskins with minimal background and a gated system to obtain. They've likely abandoned them because, despite the low cost to make them, they probably aren't creating the demand that they wanted.

As for the other races mentioned, those were likely never going to be made. Allied Races were reskins so that Blizz could avoid having to create new armor for all of them. You were never going to get a new race larger than Tauren or something super thin like the Sethrak.

Now, if Blizz can figure out a new gimmick that they *think* might attract more players using Allied Races, they might do that (keeping in mind that they want to keep costs low).

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    The answer from Blizzard: We haven't forgotten Allied races, but there are no plans to add more at this time.

Both expansion post BfA have reasons not to add more allied races. Shadowlands didn't take place on Azeroth. And Dragonflight introduced a new race with a unique class.

We cannot say it is absolutely a dead feature, but they definitely aren't returning without a reason.
    Tortollans, Vulpera and Sethrak are all allies of the Zandalari. We worked together closeley. And Ogres and Amani were part of the Horde gang since the second game. Blizzard underestemates how popular all of these are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    In the next expansion we will have allied classes or allied specs. You can print this post.
    “Allied specs” makes no sense. Like what

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt we're ever getting Allied Races again. My money is on Ogres and Arrakoa fleeing AU Draenor as Yrel invades Azeroth and becoming the new playable races in 11.0.

See you soon.

they've said they'll do allied races when it makes sense, we haven't had any at the moment but its possible in the near future

I'd rather they flesh out and polish the ones they already have.

They seem a bit lacking on polish and customization.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    allied specs.
    How would this work like?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    How would this work like?
    Probably the 'use mechanics of one class but have the aesthetic of something else' that's been the go-to theory for necromancers or the like since those random fake leaks in late Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I feel they're laying the pathtomakeTuskar an allied race.

Or maybe I'm dreaming. I'd like to play one since WOTLK.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    Probably the 'use mechanics of one class but have the aesthetic of something else' that's been the go-to theory for necromancers or the like since those random fake leaks in late Shadowlands
    That (fan) concept is called Class Skins, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    We are two expansions removed from BFA and people are still expecting them to do more BFA features?
    Allied Races were a BfA feature as much as Transmogrification was a MoP feature: introduced during the last patch of the previous expansion, and still enjoying a good amount of popularity.

Allied Races just need the iterations that Transmog got.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Allied Races were a BfA feature as much as Transmogrification was a MoP feature: introduced during the last patch of the previous expansion, and still enjoying a good amount of popularity.

Allied Races just need the iterations that Transmog got.
    I dunno if it's fair to compare them.

Allied races were literally built upon the idea that the Horde and Alliance needed more allies for the war against each other.

I don't think they need to add more allied races since there is no faction arms race, anything would just be a new race, like Dracthyr at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I dunno if it's fair to compare them.

Allied races were literally built upon the idea that the Horde and Alliance needed more allies for the war against each other.

I don't think they need to add more allied races since there is no faction arms race, anything would just be a new race, like Dracthyr at this point.
    They will add them when subs go down, because blizz knows a certain amount of people will go bananas when they introduce new allied races

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Centaurs, Tuskarr and Gnolls are cool. But their slots would be wasted. Sethrak would be perfect for the Horde knowing we worked close with Vorrik in Vol'dun.
    Sethrak would be neutral. Both factions worked closely with Vorrik. Besides, the Horde decided it wanted midget furries instead

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    They will add them when subs go down, because blizz knows a certain amount of people will go bananas when they introduce new allied races
    Again I don’t get why people think Blizz will add Allied Races as opposed to, oh I don’t know, Races…

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want Drakonids, Dragonmaw Orcs, and Wildhammer Dwarves.

they will prob add more when it makes sence story wise. like how Zandalari made sence because we helped them and other reasons, right now its all about the dragons and we have a dragon race so yea when it makes sence maybe

The concept of allied races is stupid especially now that they're opening up all race/class combos. They need to just fold the allied race customizations into the existing races. For example maghar options could be combined into orcs, dark irons into dwarves, highmountain into taurens, mechagnomes into gnomes, lightforged into draenei, etc. No reason for those to be separate races at all at this point. Vulpera, kul tiran, zandalari, nightborne, and void elves can stay as separate races since they're distinct enough.

Just create new races no more half assed allied races.

Satyr please.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I am so tired of anthropomorphic animal people. I'd rather take Ogre than arakkoa, sethrak, tuskarr, naga, gnolls.

After Dracthyr I don't trust their judgement on anthropomorphizing animals. We went from tiptoeing through furry territory to busting down the front door.