Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I kinda want to live in this gameworld from time to time, lol. The concept of Hogwarts is so cool, ESPECIALLY if you are not into Harry Potter and it is kinda new to you. I've said it a lot now, but I am so surprised by the quality here. I expected way less than what I got. I rolled a female character so I haven't heard the male protag voice, but female protag(or as I call her, Byleth (F), lol) is on point! I left pitch on medium which I assume is just the og va's lines, and they are solid.

In fact, all va and cutscenes are sickeningly good.
    Apart from the novelty of magic, Hogwarts honestly seems terrifying. There's a huge list of extremely dangerous safety conditions that people in this warped universe seem to play off as normal, stuff that would get just about any muggle school sued in oblivion for and that has no right claiming they haven't killed more students with than any school shooting ever has. Never mind that giant killer creatures or dangerous criminals willing to kill you on a whim just outside the school, a few feet off any given dirt path.

Then there's the fact that the Hogwarts in the game doesn't seem all that different from the one in the movies which takes place a good 100+ years or so later, suggesting that the wizarding world doesn't have their own form of 'technological advancement or progress' and mostly stays the same, which is really depressing to me for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Apart from the novelty of magic, Hogwarts honestly seems terrifying. There's a huge list of extremely dangerous safety conditions that people in this warped universe seem to play off as normal, stuff that would get just about any muggle school sued in oblivion for and that has no right claiming they haven't killed more students with than any school shooting ever has. Never mind that giant killer creatures or dangerous criminals willing to kill you on a whim just outside the school, a few feet off any given dirt path.

Then there's the fact that the Hogwarts in the game doesn't seem all that different from the one in the movies which takes place a good 100+ years or so later, suggesting that the wizarding world doesn't have their own form of 'technological advancement or progress' and mostly stays the same, which is really depressing to me for some reason.
    This is how they ensure they don't end up with a bunch of soft wizards and witches. If you can't survive school you won't survive adulthood.

Also, I imagine once you can use magic and shit danger is on much more of a "sliding scale" than it is for muggles. Flesh-eating poisonous plant? Not actually that big a deal when you can launch it across the room, burn it to a crisp, or go slam down a healing potion to cure you if you're bitten or something.

Overall a great game (although, like others, I'm massively over-leveled because of side activities, with even field guide card collecting in Hogwarts alone giving me multiple levels), but I have one gripe. Which is the gear limit. The bags fill up really quickly, especially if you get to a new idea or get a larger fight with gear-dropping enemies. The fact that the items you wear still count for the limit makes it even more annoying. They could have scrapped it and gave a different reward for the Merlin trials.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2023-02-16 at 10:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Overall a great game (although, like others, I'm massively over-leveled because of side activities, with even field guide card collecting in Hogwarts alone giving me multiple levels), but I have one gripe. Which is the gear limit. The bags fill up really quickly, especially if you get to a new idea or get a larger fight with gear-dropping enemies. The fact that the items you were still count for the limit makes it even more annoying. They could have scrapped it and gave a different reward for the Merlin trials.
    Yeah...I keep feeling pressured to go out and find more Merlin Trials I can complete (still have to unlock some spells to do some of them) because of that. 20 base slots isn't anything once you start going out and killing shit/getting drops. Hell, even just collecting chests can fill that up quickly. I frequently have to remember to go sell before venturing out or go through and delete green gear to make more room -_-

Where's our fuckin magical bag of holding and shit, yo?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is how they ensure they don't end up with a bunch of soft wizards and witches. If you can't survive school you won't survive adulthood.

Also, I imagine once you can use magic and shit danger is on much more of a "sliding scale" than it is for muggles. Flesh-eating poisonous plant? Not actually that big a deal when you can launch it across the room, burn it to a crisp, or go slam down a healing potion to cure you if you're bitten or something.
    What exactly is adulthood in this universe? From what I recall from Harry Potter, after Hogwarts they were meant to get desk jobs in the ministry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Overall a great game (although, like others, I'm massively over-leveled because of side activities, with even field guide card collecting in Hogwarts alone giving me multiple levels), but I have one gripe. Which is the gear limit. The bags fill up really quickly, especially if you get to a new idea or get a larger fight with gear-dropping enemies. The fact that the items you were still count for the limit makes it even more annoying. They could have scrapped it and gave a different reward for the Merlin trials.
    Yeah, at a certain point there's no reason to loot all but the rarest of chests. You're not going to get any gear upgrades from them and you don't need anymore gold. The game can certainly use a bit more of a gold sink in general.

What exactly is adulthood in this universe? From what I recall from Harry Potter, after Hogwarts they were meant to get desk jobs in the ministry.
    There's other paths but none are really as fleshed out as what falls under the ministry and teaching fields, from what I recall.

Mind you, not every wizard/witch is as ignorant about the non magical world and also work in normal jobs too. But with the magical world there's still stuff like professional quidditch player, forms of research (like Ron's brother Bill I think researched dragons), medical magic fields, I'm pretty sure the bank has witch/wizard employees too? I thought someone worked there at least.

Oh, and reporters of course.

I imagine there are a wide range of jobs, you've got folks in Hogsmeade that were former students doing various jobs and whatnot. But they do reference auror's (and there's a quest with one) frequently as "magic cops" more or less so there's clearly some need for magicians with some combat skills and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There's other paths but none are really as fleshed out as what falls under the ministry and teaching fields, from what I recall.

Mind you, not every wizard/witch is as ignorant about the non magical world and also work in normal jobs too. But with the magical world there's still stuff like professional quidditch player, forms of research (like Ron's brother Bill I think researched dragons), medical magic fields, I'm pretty sure the bank has witch/wizard employees too? I thought someone worked there at least.

Oh, and reporters of course.
    Idk if you are including the game world buy there is a husband and wife in Hogsmeade that both work for Gringotts. One is security at the main bank and the other is a curse breaker who travels around the world for Gringotts (specifically said he never goes to the main branch).

I really love this game. The characters and feeling they create with little details is amazing. But i can't help feeling like at some point my character wakes up in the animus and has to flee from the templars.
    The game is just way to similar to assassins creed in my opinion to start a 100% run. The combat and gear system, the map exploration with points of interest, the room of wishes all feel like a reskin of ac mechanics.

Also now that i finished the main story i am kind of dissapointed and feel that they rushed the ending. I spend like 25 hours with secrets and exploring characters and the most important part was like half an hour of action after action scene with no exposition.

Yeah...I keep feeling pressured to go out and find more Merlin Trials I can complete (still have to unlock some spells to do some of them) because of that. 20 base slots isn't anything once you start going out and killing shit/getting drops. Hell, even just collecting chests can fill that up quickly. I frequently have to remember to go sell before venturing out or go through and delete green gear to make more room -_-

You actually do get such a bag for the magical beasts. And it holds quite a lot of them. Alas, apparently you can fit an entire herd of thestrals in it, but a pile of shawls is too much. I guess it works on the same principle as boats in Age of Empires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Alright, finally finished the game. I swear to god I will give so many free points to the first freaking story to have characters come out and admit "Oh, you were right. This newly discovered and mysterious power you stumbled upon that causes ominous music to play anytime you use it CAN actually help people with no strings attached as a positive thing. We were wrong and just letting out paranoia get the better of us. We're all old and afraid of change." Sebastian and Isidora's stories were the same in that regard. Really didn't see anything wrong with what Isidora was doing and it felt like the game had to force in her dad being turned into a zombie thing to convince us that this magic is supposed to be bad. Sebastian on the other hand could have well found a way to cure his sister, but it was everyone else's paranoia around him that caused him to stop before the game could force another reason why what he was doing was bad. Also, the uncle was a total asshole. Did not feel sorry for him at all.

Actually curious though if any story has ever pulled that off.

- - - Updated - - -

As a whole, the combat for this game is its strongest selling point, I love how all of the spells have their own little purpose and way they can interact with all the enemies to exploit weaknesses for huge bonus damage. If I were to make my own fighting game, this would most certainly be the setup I would be totally ripping off.

But with that said they really do not capitalize on it as much as they should have. Difficulty is a primary concern. I'm playing on the hardest setting, not using curses, only uses ancient magic on boss enemies, and not using any buff consumables (not because of difficulty challenges, I just hate the concept of consumables in games in general)... and I still just never die. I think the only time where I found a proper challenge was doing that one side quest that had me take on a spider boss over 10 levels above me, and with bugged animations that caused it to hit more often than it should. Still was a fun challenge though.

But my main concern is that, once the game is finished, there are no more of those fun challenge fights you had while questing. I beat the game and still want to dig even more into the fights, but I there aren't really any more other than the scarce mobs I can find in the open world. I even let myself die to one of the final boss fights a few times just because it was so much fun going through it over and over. A replay option at the end of the game would be nice.

Also... if an enemy has a shield up, actually show the shield and don't hide it. Hope that is just a bug though.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2023-02-17 at 02:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome game, milks every last bit out of 3080Ti with everything on Ultra and OLED widescreen, looks great and awesome HP vibes.

Alright, finally finished the game. I swear to god I will give so many free points to the first freaking story to have characters come out and admit "Oh, you were right. This newly discovered and mysterious power you stumbled upon that causes ominous music to play anytime you use it CAN actually help people with no strings attached as a positive thing. We were wrong and just letting out paranoia get the better of us. We're all old and afraid of change." Sebastian and Isidora's stories were the same in that regard. Really didn't see anything wrong with what Isidora was doing and it felt like the game had to force in her dad being turned into a zombie thing to convince us that this magic is supposed to be bad. Sebastian on the other hand could have well found a way to cure his sister, but it was everyone else's paranoia around him that caused him to stop before the game could force another reason why what he was doing was bad. Also, the uncle was a total asshole. Did not feel sorry for him at all.

Actually curious though if any story has ever pulled that off.
    Me to Sebastian : Straight to jail !

10+ Year Old Account
    do u think this game will get GOTY? if yes, when will that happen? cuz im not sure how it works
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    do u think this game will get GOTY? if yes, when will that happen? cuz im not sure how it works
    Awards happen at the end of the year. But with the line up this year, i don't think it has a chance.

SNIP....

I wondered this as well. It might be be an easy fix for Avalanche on the technical side of things but as far as the HP world goes, there is already something for this.

The Extension charm.

While this sounds like some XXX spell for horny wizards. It was used in the books. It expanded the internal area of objects like houses or bags without changing the outside dimension area. Hermione's bag in the last two movies and the tents as well. Same for houses if I remember correct.

Easy way to add that extra bag space, that also fits in the story world if people need that extra hook.

Inventory wouldn't be much of an issue if they just let you select multiple things. I don't get how that isn't a baseline nowadays. Also left stick click to delete is just an awkward button to have being repeatedly pressed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Awards happen at the end of the year. But with the line up this year, i don't think it has a chance.
    And yeah I agree with this. Even with all the praise I don't see it getting GOTY. The accuracy and world building might be great but the rest as a game is good, just not spectacular imo.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2023-02-17 at 05:20 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Why the stolen carts quest' was lv2 and as lv9 i found lv10 goblins who kicked my ass several times?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Why the stolen carts quest' was lv2 and as lv9 i found lv10 goblins who kicked my ass several times?
    There's lvl scaling I believe.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Pretty sure enemies scale. The level assigned to requests is a requirement not a recommendation. So you need to be level 2 to be allowed to take on the quest but enemies will be around your current level.