Thread: Last of Us [TV]

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Such a weird show... Its like watching someone do pointless side quests but in a tv format, taking away entire episodes for no point at all?
    It's not even building story at this point and almost half the show has been about these side stories that doesn't make sense or add anything to the story itself.
    I could understand if it came in s2 or s3, where they have to fill out...But we haven't even gotten a main story yet...
    Really don't get the hype this show is getting... Visually? its very well done. Story wise? Its very much shit.
    Yeah, god forbid a show explore their characters and their motivations/reasons for the decisions they make. You're so right, that's totally pointless stuff that doesn't build the story at all. Nope! It's clearly, utterly, meaningless garbage. Karen nailed it.

And of course they had to throw in some teenager lesbian stuff to please their main demographic...
    Such a clown show.
    Yeah. "Threw it in." And yes, it is disappointing that the racist, misogynistic, homophobic, climate denying, flat-Earther, <insert long list of similar terms here> demographic isn't their (or anyone else's other than Fox News') main demographic. Such a sad development. Very sad. Why, I'm shedding a tear as I type this.

(BTW, in case it wasn't clear, their main demographic is "normal people.")

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I get why they wanted to include the Left Behind DLC in the show, but for me it felt mostly unnecessary and fell a bit flat, although there were some nice moments and the cinematography and set design were good. Nice touch with the 1980s track playing on the carousel (danger). There was no chemistry at all between Ellie and Riley, it felt like a very odd pairing. Storm Reid's wooden acting didn't help. The insight into Ellie's character is welcome but I don't feel it needed almost an entire episode of flashback while Joel is bleeding out and I'm waiting to find out what happens.
    I'm pretty sure Take Me On was a reference to this scene from TLoU2 (minor spoilers), one of my favorite between both games.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2023-02-27 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'm pretty sure Take Me On was a reference to this scene from TLoU2 (minor spoilers), one of my favorite between both games.
    Oh sure. But it was a different tune playing on the carousel (unless you're agreeing with me and adding the reference to that song because I didn't mention it).

Oh sure. But it was a different tune playing on the carousel (unless you're agreeing with me and adding the reference to that song because I didn't mention it).
    I just wanted an excuse to link that scene because it's just so, so, so fucking good. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I just wanted an excuse to link that scene because it's just so, so, so fucking good. :-)
    Heh. It is good. Ellie's character is one of the best written in all gaming. In this episode the carousel scene was the best part for me. The fairground version of The Cure's 'Just Like Heaven' was really effective, and Bella's performance as the nervous lovestruck teenager was very good.

Anyone else think the one person Ellie said she shot will turn out to be Riley? I wouldn't be surprised if a flashback to that moment appears. People were asking the same question about the game years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Hope HBO isn't charing people extra for this DLC of an episode. Felt like the lowest of the season so far and by far. Surprised they wanted to joke about putting the 14 year-old girl in lingerie. That's not a mental image people want.
    Honestly... People either need to grow up or they must be coming from a deeply religious family I guess.

Teenagers talk and joke about sex all the time. Being 14 years old is pretty much a standard age where most people start exploring such things, if not sooner. I didn't find the scene out of place or outrageous at all. In fact I think it was sensible enough and quite realistic.

A fungus engulfed monster rips a dude in half and people cheer. However suddenly a teenager makes a somewhat sexual joke and they pick up their torches and forks. It's wild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    They were definitely a fun part of the episode. It isn't often you even get Native American representation at all.

And for such bit characters they put a lot into them.

I laughed at the "You made him soup?" interchange and the man's reaction to Ellie.
    It was such a genuine interaction. It felt like a regular Tuesday on the rez, overhearing a regular conversation. It was so strange to have that captured on film. Outside of APTN, you just don't see this stuff in media.

Anyone else think the one person Ellie said she shot will turn out to be Riley? I wouldn't be surprised if a flashback to that moment appears. People were asking the same question about the game years ago.
    It has to be, though we may be seeing that play out in another flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    First, they didn’t label you anything. They said your response is cis het normative.
    Secondly, if they are labeling you that, it’s exactly what you are as you stated you are a ‘man.’ Look up the definition.
    Unless you’re stating you were born as something else and now identify as a man.
    Not how it works at all? I'm not cis anything. I'm just a man. The cis stuff? Thats something the alphabet mafia has made up so they can call themselves man or woman ahead of actual men and women, when they cant even define either, so they can feel better about what they are not.
    It's very rude, offensive and hypocrisy at its finest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You realize this wasn't a side story at all right and is probably the episode that most closely followed the game or certainly one of them. lmfao. Like did you expect them to retcon left behind out of the story? I can't even with this post, what the fuck are you saying?
    But it didn't add anything to the actual story? It just took away. If they didn't show this entire episode, did we actually lose anything story wise? Not at all?

- - - Updated - - -

I get why they wanted to include the Left Behind DLC in the show, but for me it felt mostly unnecessary and fell a bit flat, although there were some nice moments and the cinematography and set design were good. Nice touch with the 1980s track playing on the carousel (danger). There was no chemistry at all between Ellie and Riley, it felt like a very odd pairing. Storm Reid's wooden acting didn't help. The insight into Ellie's character is welcome but I don't feel it needed almost an entire episode of flashback while Joel is bleeding out and I'm waiting to find out what happens.
    Pretty much this, yes. It really didn't add anything and just felt out of touch and forced.
    Such an episode would have been much better suited for filling out s2 or s3.

Not how it works at all? I'm not cis anything. I'm just a man. The cis stuff? Thats something the alphabet mafia has made up so they can call themselves man or woman ahead of actual men and women, when they cant even define either, so they can feel better about what they are not.
    You got really angry about nothing really quickly lol

Decent episode, I didn't really see the point of doing it as a flashback, took away from the episode a little,

Enjoying the series overall

Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    You got really angry about nothing really quickly lol

Decent episode, I didn't really see the point of doing it as a flashback, took away from the episode a little,

Enjoying the series overall
    I'm annoyed with the double standards and hypocrisy, yes?
    Why is it weird for me to EXPECT the same treatment they DEMAND off me and everyone else?

I also find it funny pretty much everyone agrees it was just a fluff episode that didn't really add anything to the story but still have people praising it as the best episode ever, for what was put in it.

All the episodes of this show have been at least 8/10s but this one was really more of a 4. Between the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes, nothing happens.

the episode should have cut once they said they were going into the mall. We already know what happens in the mall, it's been told interspersed throughout the series so far. We also got that ellie and Riley relationship is more complex than just friends. This might work for video game story telling but it creates boring media story telling, essentially doubling up on what we know and learning nothing new.

Why is it weird for me to EXPECT the same treatment they DEMAND off me and everyone else?

I also find it funny pretty much everyone agrees it was just a fluff episode that didn't really add anything to the story but still have people praising it as the best episode ever, for what was put in it.
    I don't think it's weird, I think it's weird how you just went mental, I'd love to watch you stub your toe

Some people like sports cars, I don't, are sports cars shit? No I just don't like them

But it didn't add anything to the actual story? It just took away. If they didn't show this entire episode, did we actually lose anything story wise? Not at all?
    Actually yes, it's pretty dam important back story on Ellie from around the point when she got infected. They inserted the episode exactly where the flashback takes place in the main game timeline to boot. Unless you think Ellie being infected or what happens to Riley isn't a big part of the story I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about but you either paid 0 attention or you ran out of talking points and can't go mask off because it's one of the most important events in Ellie's story.

You just seem entirely clueless if you didn't already realize this was both a thing and extremely important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    All the episodes of this show have been at least 8/10s but this one was really more of a 4. Between the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes, nothing happens.

the episode should have cut once they said they were going into the mall. We already know what happens in the mall, it's been told interspersed throughout the series so far. We also got that ellie and Riley relationship is more complex than just friends. This might work for video game story telling but it creates boring media story telling, essentially doubling up on what we know and learning nothing new.
    You actually barely know shit without Left Behind. Ellie is intentionally vague about what happened, and it was written that way in both the game and the series to set up left behind. Joel didn't even know Ellie was gay until she started dating Dina lmao so it's absolutely hilarious to act like Ellie perfectly told her back story with Riley
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-02-27 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Desecrating a dead body, underage drinking, harboring bombs? Fine.

A kiss? OMG HBO WTF IS THIS NONSENSE??? I HAVE THOUGHT ALL YOUR SHOWS WERE FAMILY FRIENDLY.

Every other episode has been focused on defining a character that's probably going to dead by the end of it, I thought people recognized the pattern by now.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

This episode was ok I guess. I think it was placed in a horrible spot in the story (yes, I know the left behind DLC took place at this time as well) and it felt like a huge momentum killer after 2 incredible episodes. The emotion just didn't land at all for me. I think episode 3 got away with doing a massive side story because it was really well written and also Joel and Ellie did show up at the house at the end so there was at least some connection to the main story there. This just felt like it was a really pointless detour while some really important shit was happening in the present day and it didn't even feel like it connected to what was happening at all.

Definitely the first episode of this show that I didn't really like. Excited for next week though.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much this, yes. It really didn't add anything and just felt out of touch and forced.
    Such an episode would have been much better suited for filling out s2 or s3.
    You really need to do some research on something before you argue for or against it. I bet you probably get mad when someone says you’re a homo sapien, too, don’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Actually yes, it's pretty dam important back story on Ellie from around the point when she got infected. They inserted the episode exactly where the flashback takes place in the main game timeline to boot. Unless you think Ellie being infected or what happens to Riley isn't a big part of the story I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about but you either paid 0 attention or you ran out of talking points and can't go mask off because it's one of the most important events in Ellie's story.

You just seem entirely clueless if you didn't already realize this was both a thing and extremely important.
    You know people watch this show without having played the game right? I've told you this before.
    So unless you played the game and know every little detail about it... What did this episode actually offer?
    We already know she got infected, did you need an entire fluff episode to show that?
    Why is it so extremely important? To keep it authentic with the game?
    If this was the most important event in ellies story? The show heading for disaster...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    You really need to do some research on something before you argue for or against it. I bet you probably get mad when someone says you’re a homo sapien, too, don’t you?
    I'm fully aware but if you want to be disingenuous about it, for the sake of it and avoid reality and how its used, go right ahead, be that hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    I don't think it's weird, I think it's weird how you just went mental, I'd love to watch you stub your toe
    Some people like sports cars, I don't, are sports cars shit? No I just don't like them
    You dont see the irony in this? The screeching that is made if you just happen to mislabel someone by mistake? The hypocrisy is unreal.
    I dont really get the sports car reference. Or are you saying you can't like something and at the same time have critique and opinions about it?
    I like the show, i really do, for context? I really liked the ben and frank episode, was a really good episode even if i dont relate on a personal level because that episode was just really really good and well executed on so many levels and I felt it added to the show, not took away. Honestly, i think that episode is my favorite so far in the entire series. I've watched it multiple times.
    This episode? Not so much.

The only hypocrisy to be found in these rants are from your side.

It's hilarious how only a very small, selective portion of the population (with disproportionately-sized virtual mouths) completely lose their shit over things like this. While literally everyone else in the civilized world recognizes it as the high-quality storytelling that it is. Because it is, in fact, high-quality storytelling performed by exceptional actors.

"bUt ThE aGeNDaS!!11" That's all in your head, kiddo.

You know people watch this show without having played the game right? I've told you this before.
    So unless you played the game and know every little detail about it... What did this episode actually offer?
    I've never played the game, and all I knew of it was that it was a zombie story.

It fit perfectly into the story as it's being told. I have no idea how or why (or in what possible Bizarro universe you apparently live in) anyone would be confused by literally anything in this episode. It was a pretty standard flashback episode, explaining how Ellie got bitten, why she's as closed off as she is, and why she refused to leave Joel behind to die even at his insistence.

Seems pretty fucking important details to include in a story.

You dont see the irony in this? The screeching that is made if you just happen to mislabel someone by mistake? The hypocrisy is unreal.
    Again, the only person doing that here is YOU. "I aIn'T nO CIs, I r a MaN!!!!1111one" just from a recent post, nevermind the insane rant you went on earlier in the thread, too.

Dunning-Kruger Effect. You should look into that, it might help you, assuming you can accept that it applies to you.
    Last edited by Rocksteady 87; 2023-02-27 at 09:55 PM.

I think the last 2 episodes will be really cool. All about the Fireflies, Ellie and Joel and finding a cure. Maybe a bit in the Zoo the next episode.

Hope they give big focus on how a cure could be made in these episodes.