Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Official Human and Orc Heritage Armor Preview

Official Human and Orc Heritage Armor Preview
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Embrace your legacy with two new Heritage Armor sets—one for orcs and one for humans—coming with the release of the 10.0.7 content update.

Human: An Urgent Matter
    The Defias Brotherhood is up to their thieving ways once more and have stolen a dangerous and powerful artifact from Stormwind Keep! You’ll undertake the quest, “An Urgent Matter” from Master Matthias Shaw where you’ll aid him and an unlikely ally to uncover a mystery deeply rooted in Stormwind’s shadowy past and stop the forces that march on Northshire… and threaten Stormwind itself.

This new quest is available for players level 50 and up to undertake and gain several variations of the new human Heritage Armor to add to their collection.

Orc: A People in Need of Healing
    Help Eitrigg bring back the Kosh’harg festival from old Draenor and prove yourself a true champion of your people. Orcs who undertake the quest “A People in Need of Healing” will need to earn the Blessing of the Clan, the Blessing of the Land, and the Blessing of the Ancestors to complete the om’gora or “rite of honor” before the assembled clans and many familiar faces.

This new quest is available for players level 50 and up to undertake and gain several variations of the new orc Heritage Armor to add to their collection.

Begin your journey by speaking to Master Matthias Shaw in Stormwind or Eitrigg in Orgrimmar with the release of the 10.0.7 content update.

You can tell their good artists have left the building.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Orc set is on point, what are you talking about?

I'm soooo tired of Shaw tbh. It's like he's the only spy in SI:7.

I was hoping the giganto-helmet looked that way because they previewed it on a human female, but...oh nooo

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    I mean he is in charge of it.

Anyway I like the variations for the human, though not a fan of the red. Still nice.

These mogs are horrendous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Human heritage armor is just sad to look at. You'd expect some super awesome alliance / stormwind armor ... but you get level 5 stormwind pleb leveling armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Good thing you don’t play the game then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post

Oddly specific criticism of the story/lore direction.

This illustrates a reason why they should've done all of the races at once, and then go back and add stuff later. They're including multiple variations. Are they going to go back and add variations to the other heritage armors that already exist? Or are they only doing this right now because these are humans and orcs, which is the basis of Warcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    This illustrates a reason why they should've done all of the races at once, and then go back and add stuff later. They're including multiple variations. Are they going to go back and add variations to the other heritage armors that already exist? Or are they only doing this right now because these are humans and orcs, which is the basis of Warcraft?
    Many of the armor sets do have variations, color wise at least, already. There's several color variants of the Lightforged armor set, for example, or the Mechagnomes.

Its more that they just only used one, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Oddly specific criticism of the story/lore direction.
    I see you're trying to twist their words to be because of Shaw's orientation. Im sure it's more of a need to flesh out SI7 and this was a shot for a one off adventure with a new face.

I don't mind another Shaw adventure but I would like for them to start fleshing out existing factions and organizations. Hopefully this does that AND has Shaw.

We are all making a lot of assumptions here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Oh nice, so the Defias Brotherhood are still vile terrorists. They have already been completely defeated and humiliated twice, maybe third time's the charm and they'll give up their evil ways (which always end in utter failure) after this?
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-03-01 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are the iconic Horde-themed spiked pauldrons?

Ok who's the joker in Blizzard who okayed this helm. Those humans look like they borrowed their armor from an older brother. Maybe it's a callback to RTS games where humans always had weirdly large heads and helmets to make them more distinguishable.

Glad they waited to release the ugly shit until after I stopped playing.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    I was hoping the giganto-helmet looked that way because they previewed it on a human female, but...oh nooo
    *uses /nod emote*
    *helmet clips through chest repeatedly*
    Seems fine to me!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    *uses /nod emote*
    *helmet clips through chest repeatedly*
    Seems fine to me!
    While the plume just moves with it and ignoring physics.

Good stuff.

What? Their art direction is still great.

WTF, the orc set looks good. I don't play alliance but I think its also good. Some people are here just to say to everyone how bad Blizzard is