View Poll Results: What do you think of BFA years later?

Voters
278. This poll is closed
  • My opinion of Battle for Azeroth is now/has always been negative

120 43.17%
  • My opinion of Battle for Azeroth has slightly shifted in a negative direction

5 1.80%
  • My opinion of Battle for Azeroth remains unchanged

89 32.01%
  • My opinion of Battle for Azeroth has greatly shifted in a positive direction

7 2.52%
  • My opinion of Battle for Azeroth is now/has always been positive

52 18.71%
  • Don't care/Didn't play BFA

5 1.80%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Legion's "Diablocraft" reinvention of WoW's gameplay formula broke the game for me but I only fully realized that when I played BfA because it was basically a lesser version of Legion without all the pretty trappings. It cemented the shitty class design and horrible gameplay trends that were introduced in Legion without the sense of novelty and ambition Legion had. BfA's horrible gameplay ultimately made me quit the game shortly after 8.1. Shadowlands' de(con)struction of the Warcraft universe made sure I wouldn't come back. So I guess BfA seems less bad in comparison. It's still not a version of the game that is worth playing.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

to be honest, I think the expansion was pretty good, up to a certian point. If the focus of the expansion remained on the faction war so basicly, up till patch 8.2 it would of been great. We didnt need the naga, Reveal and move into old gods, It should of remained with A V H with 8.2 being The Horde getting Revenge for the Invasion of Drazalor.

I think the storyline till that point was so good, with Battle for Drazalor, being one of my fave raids, but then it all went down hill when we began to go "Old gods yo" with Nzoth just thrown in

I mean Trailers are meant to give you a hint of things to come
    TBC - Illdian
    Wrath - Arthas
    Cata - Deathwing
    Mop - we had no clear villain till the very end
    Legion - Legion
    Battle- Trailer shows HvA yet ended with oldgods??

Shadowlands was another failed attempt because it shows Slyvannas being the big major villian when it was the Janitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    Only asmongold dickriders hated BFA
    Prob the best pve expansion, straight up
    It wasn't the best pve expansion, BUT - I maintain that 8.2 was the best content patch ever released in WoW. It was just so good and so much stuff to do it was crazy. DF could borrow a thing or two from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    TBC - Illdian
    Wrath - Arthas
    Cata - Deathwing
    Legion - Legion

Shadowlands was another failed attempt because it shows Slyvannas being the big major villian when it was the Janitor.
    I mean bruh, TBC Illidan was just a mid way boss and not really the actual threat. Trailers are far from mandatory on that front - MoP, WoD and DF all have trailers that do not present the end villain at all, just like BFA.

Heck MoP/DF does not even have a threat in their trailer...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It wasn't the best pve expansion, BUT - I maintain that 8.2 was the best content patch ever released in WoW. It was just so good and so much stuff to do it was crazy. DF could borrow a thing or two from it.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean bruh, TBC Illidan was just a mid way boss and not really the actual threat. Trailers are far from mandatory on that front - MoP, WoD and DF all have trailers that do not present the end villain at all, just like BFA.

Heck MoP/DF does not even have a threat in their trailer...

yea your right about that. I was mainly, saying That the BFA trailer focused utterly on the faction war so I wished we stuck with it

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hey, the 30% whose opinion remains unchanged could also think the expac is a piece of shit. The poll is very poorly stated.
    Yeah, not saying it was a piece of shit, but it was poorly executed and not very good at all, and that opinion have not changed since BfA.

So I voted unchanged.

TBC - Illdian
    Wrath - Arthas
    Cata - Deathwing
    Legion - Legion

I'm fairly sure Kil'Jaeden is the last villain of TBC, not Illidan.

And while the trailers are indeed supposed to give you a "hint of things to come", those "things to come" are stuff that happen in the beginning and maybe in the middle of the expansion, not in the finale. That'd be like the Avengers: Infinity War trailer showcasing all the heroes including SpiderMan being dusted.

For TBC and Wrath, Illidan and Arthas were the villains that set things in motion. You knew, from the get-go, that what was going on was set off by those characters.

Also, funny you didn't mention WoD in your little list, which had the Iron Horde, yet the expansion's finale was about the Burning Legion...

10+ Year Old Account
    I was mainly, saying That the BFA trailer focused utterly on the faction war so I wished we stuck with it
    Frankly, people weren't sold on a senseless "world war" 2 seconds after Legion invasion to begin with, especially because it made no sense - which was the biggest story issue of BFA.

And what's worse, when it concluded it made many players, who tried to justify the whole thing, looked like idiots. It was an interesting social experiment - but it cost Blizzard a lot of player faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm fairly sure Kil'Jaeden is the last villain of TBC, not Illidan.

And while the trailers are indeed supposed to give you a "hint of things to come", those "things to come" are stuff that happen in the beginning and maybe in the middle of the expansion, not in the finale. That'd be like the Avengers: Infinity War trailer showcasing all the heroes including SpiderMan being dusted.

For TBC and Wrath, Illidan and Arthas were the villains that set things in motion. You knew, from the get-go, that what was going on was set off by those characters.

Also, funny you didn't mention WoD in your little list, which had the Iron Horde, yet the expansion's finale was about the Burning Legion...
    yea thats my bad i forgot to put WOD in, but thats also another expansion i wish they stuck with the Iron Horde threat more

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Frankly, people weren't sold on a senseless "world war" 2 seconds after Legion invasion to begin with, especially because it made no sense - which was the biggest story issue of BFA.

And what's worse, when it concluded it made many players, who tried to justify the whole thing, looked like idiots. It was an interesting social experiment - but it cost Blizzard a lot of player faith.
    Also true, Going from Class togetherness to a war was jaring, I guess No pleasing everyone I just hope they learn from the past going forward
    Last edited by Romanthony; 2023-03-02 at 09:28 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    BFA m+ season 4 was the most fun I ever had in my 15 years ish of playing this game.
    Rogue shroud was so widely used that they made it a seasonal mechanics lawl.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Not a great expansion. I didn't think so when it was live, and I still don't. It was trying to be this epic roller coaster of an expansion, and just wound up feeling incredibly unfocused. Environments weren't fun, leveling wasn't all that enjoyable even the first time through it. Overall class design was at an all time low. Cata is the only expansion I spent less time playing.

Still think it wasn't a good expansion. Some zones were cool and Mythic Plus seasons were alright, but was disappointed with everything else. Still upset they shoehorned Nazjatar into a single patch rather than building an entire expansion around it.

Nothing has changed <current expansion> is always rubbish, <previous expansion> is always way better.

Has always been that way, and always will be.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Welcome to WoW.
    When dealing with the community, you will notice that every previous expansion is better than the current. Don’t be surprised or allow the mindless negativity ruin your experience. This has been ongoing since I started in January 2007 (early TBC).

BFA sucked. They didn't learn from the feedback of Legion's artifact power and amount of build up for Azshara and N'zoth and the wasted potential for Nya'lotha and Nazjatar was beyond laziness

I disliked the game a lot at the start because my characters felt so slowed, even geared.

I returned during the last patch and it felt so nice with the essences and corrupted gear. I was able to test different things. I liked it a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    All zones are amazing.
    Alliance leveling experience is absolutely amazing. Triangarde and Drustvar is a bit ahead of stormsong though.
    The whole azerite bla was absolutely horrible though. And when you play though it now there is no Azerite bla which makes the levelling even better.
    I think it is/was sad that they wasted nyalotha so much. We could have needed an old god expansion after BFA instead of a patch plus this zoval the nippler and his imaginary friends expansion.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Still think it wasn't a good expansion. Some zones were cool and Mythic Plus seasons were alright, but was disappointed with everything else. Still upset they shoehorned Nazjatar into a single patch rather than building an entire expansion around it.
    nazjatar, argus, nyalotha, hell maybe even mechagon could be build into expansions, and kultiras / zandalar could also be their own expansion each

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    BFA was fine except 8.3, that patch was just a bore.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Nah, it was and still is trash. Getting around was almost as bad as SL, you wasted a ton of time travelling, the whole azerite system was horrible, patch content was truly uninspired.

One thing that stuck out to me was how unintuitive it felt. For example, I really liked BFA fire mage, but it was such a convoluted mess of multiple small passives stacking with each other at different times that I never got the feeling that I understood what was happening.

BfA, like all expansions, had it good points and bad points.

I liked the zones, they were diverse, vibrant and especially Drustvar and Vol dun were really immersive.

Mechagon and Nazjatar were packed, it was probably the biggest patch content wise in WoW ever.

Some nice dungeons and raid fights.

Almost 45 minutes of quality cinematics.

On the other side, it was one of the, if not the worst expansions gameplay/clsss design wise. It was borrowed power extreme. Necklace was not fun, azerite armor was not fun, essences and corruptions were in truest sense of word, borrowed power.