10+ Year Old Account
    i cant install the newest update. saying i have not enough hard drive space, eventhough i have 40gb free. wtf?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    i cant install the newest update. saying i have not enough hard drive space, eventhough i have 40gb free. wtf?
    Some games actually force you to re-download the entire game or at least a big chunk of it every time they update, it's god damn awful, but I guess that's one of those cases.
    Ahahahaha!

10+ Year Old Account
    first time this happens

first time this happens
    Probably just a patch that just touches to many large files then.

In other news:

L O L!
    Ahahahaha!

Only 233 days 'till citizencon! https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizencon

Who is excited?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    save the date

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Only 233 days 'till citizencon! https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizencon

Who is excited?
    Can't wait for the announcement of the latest postponement of the release date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    3.18 is out. unfortunately i cant try it out as i uninstalled the game, because i couldnt get it to update (before 3.18)

is the performance any better in this patch?

3.18 is out. unfortunately i cant try it out as i uninstalled the game, because i couldnt get it to update (before 3.18)

is the performance any better in this patch?
    Ahahahaha!

What. The. Farquads?!?!

81 DAYS in queue?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    What. The. Farquads?!?!

81 DAYS in queue?

^^; Pro, got to reinstall that my dude, you are missing out on the half billion dollar queue simulator, I joke, i joke, it will all work out just fine once Jesus Tech hits.
    Ahahahaha!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Lordy. Even that one support thread is just a whinge at people posting other things.

Given how dead this thread has become, though, I don't quite expect to see even the usuals until CIG have actually fixed all this shit.
    Why not? They've had no problems trying to defend this mess, despite it's laundry list of problems that still persist after a decade or more. I'm sure they have no problems defending this either, with the usual "You just don't understaaaand" whinging.

Honestly, I'd say this is one of the more innocuous fuckups they've had. As long as they fix it in a relatively timely fashion, that is.

I expect a full report on why I'm wrong and this game is great, so there.
    Last edited by Santti; 2023-03-12 at 04:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Why not? They've had no problems trying to defend this mess, despite it's laundry list of problems that still persist after a decade or more. I'm sure they have no problems defending this either, with the usual "You just don't understaaaand" whinging.
    I'm firmly convinced the 2 biggest shills in here are paid to do it. They just have their hands full with bigger fires elsewhere right now.

Lordy. Even that one support thread is just a whinge at people posting other things.

Given how dead this thread has become, though, I don't quite expect to see even the usuals until CIG have actually fixed all this shit.

Imho, this was done on purpose.... Any one working as a dev or being actually in Agile teams knows unless you have insanely good CI/CD pipelines you NEVER roll on Friday major features to avoid this shitfest alltogether.

As far as I am concerned, even those that have insanely good CI/CD pileines like the monster houses out there like the Googles,Apples etc have code freezes on Wednesday's, Thursday's moving stuff over on acceptance and following Mondays releasing...

But on the other hand nobody understands development and SC does everything on such a scale for the first time and we are all clueless.

Personally and will call it. Self sabotage to lower expecations and spend the next few months working on fixes and pretending something happens and gaining some extra time for whatever new ship sale will come forward.Oh and Alpha or not, 700 people later a couple of studios and half a billion dollars later, you kinda need to either let logic prevail or have people that actually know what they do from a DevOps perspective so if something fucks up to roll back asap. There comes a point especially with the way CLOUD works today, that you can mitigate a majority of these issues.(Not all of them).

This game will NEVER release and not because it can't be completed eventually by cutting down features and putting realistic goals but it is 1000000000000000 times better to have it on this state till funding dries out or people stop investing money. Imagine the game being on early access on a platform like Steam, what would have happened in terms of reviews etc...
    Last edited by - Zephox -; 2023-03-12 at 04:50 PM.

Mostly because none of them have been here for a month. I expected to see a bit of posting in the run up to the patch's release to hype it up, but they didn't even post a video about it when it did release. Maybe they've lost faith, or given up defending. Who knows?

The forums are certainly full of replies like that, though. Because of course they are.

- - - Updated - - -

I was going to mention something about releasing it on a Friday, tbh, because who the fuck does that what you have no weekend support lol

I'd like to hope they're not so far gone that they need the goodwill sabotaging themselves, then getting credit for fixing it, may bring them.

The game will definitely release. It just won't be what it was promised to be. I hope to at least see SQ42 in some respect this year. But I'll not be holding my breath.
    Food for thought for you. Why do you reckon ALMOST ALL game release on a Tuesday or a Thursday?

Let me answer. Bug fixes and day one patches are getting deployed to lower whatever chaos might exist. Why do all MAJOR MMOs have a day usually of Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday for patch days or maintenance?Not an accident since wheel doesn't need to be reinvented.

From a profesional point of view considering how bad the release cycle of patches was in terms of content and I might be wrong, this was done on purpose to address new ''hotfix'' patches the next few months and ''save the day'' by saying while content was delayed we heard the community and rushed through things and excuse another 6 months delay on whatever they were working on, and boom splash a hype video or whatever and get eventually more funding by the hardcore crowd.

Games like these don't target the average joe user like me or you that MIGHT invest max 45 dollars in a game IF we invest. It is better to keep a small whale percentage of hardcore users engaged that will drive eventually traffic for new one time purchasers. That's how they are driving funding currently. You can have 1000 users paying 1 dollar and 5 users each paying 1000 because of hardcore belief this will work out etc.

Statistically speaking those 5 will drive maybe 5-10 new users(example) that might put in money. Statistically speaking at least one of them will put more money until they get disillusioned etc.

The credits idea was not done by accident and it is literally the worst implementation of an MLM into a game by not being ''direct''.

This disastrous patch already being noticed by the press:

https://massivelyop.com/2023/03/12/s...-the-internet/

Last edited by Cloverfield; 2023-03-12 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    they will iron it out before the game's launch

they will iron it out before the game's launch
    Yeah.... in 2060

SC is already released, what we have now is it. It is an Early Access release, and as such there is no guarantees or obligations whatsoever for CIG to deliver in all that has been promised.
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 2023-03-13 at 11:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost as if they should've never turned the game to an MMO. Who would've thunk..