Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I wasn’t talking about AU Draenor dragons, I was talking about the dragons on AU Azeroth
    Pandora's box is closed. They're not going to open another one.

I could see AU Draenor somehow collapsing onto MU Outland. How? Random McGuffin we've never heard about, who cares. Maybe Liadrin's fanatic daughter tortures some bronze dragons to do it. You could then get a revamped Outland that features a mix of features from both expacs (including maybe revamped Ethereals in Netherstorm). That solves the main location of the expansion

I would fully expect that whatever the truth is about the state of the AU Draenor is somewhere between what the Mag'har told us and what the Draenei believe. For one thing, the Mag'har are clearly biased and they are historically not victims of anyone but their own actions. On the other side, X'era was definitely building the idea that there is an absolutist faction among the Light. By bringing MU together with AU you could immediately bring X'era vs A'dal and thus allow for the Light to be nuanced and host opposing worldviews.

I don't think Turalyon would be villain batted in such an expansion but I DO think he would be tempted (Lothraxion however). I think Calia would be more important to the plot than he'd be. I think Yrel would be a villain with a redemption/sacrifice arc with X'era the actual villain. And I think it could end up at the Sunwell, with X'era trying to make it a Light portal to bring her army to Azeroth only for it at the end becoming a Void Portal due to Alleria fucking up and leading to a Void expac after.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-03-03 at 07:16 AM.

I'm on board honestly since with the time skip they've removed the time travel element and redundant versions of existing living characters and it's just an alternate reality world at this point.

Where would we fight them though? I feel like a third version of Draenor would be getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think Calia would be more important to the plot than he'd be.
    I hate to admit it, but I would rather take Turalyon as one of the main characters in the Light expansion than Calia. Don't get me wrong, Turalyon is bad, but not as sleep-inducing as the pale lady. And he has a lot of potential for Blizzard's writers to critique his outdated mighty whitey trope if they're smart enough. But you're probably right, and the expansion will mostly focus on Anduin and Calia, with Yrel being the main baddie until she isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    I hate to admit it, but I would rather take Turalyon as one of the main characters in the Light expansion than Calia. Don't get me wrong, Turalyon is bad, but not as sleep-inducing as the pale lady. And he has a lot of potential for Blizzard's writers to critique his outdated mighty whitey trope if they're smart enough. But you're probably right, and the expansion will mostly focus on Anduin and Calia, with Yrel being the main baddie until she isn't.
    You keep trying to make that happen Bauman but it won't happen. You don't even understand what that trope means.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Except how do you explain them crossing over? The portal is shut down. The Bronze Dragons had to help the Horde reopen the gateway to rescue the surviving Mag'har.

And it's not like she can do anything in our universe since she's pavement on the Path of Glory in Hellfire Peninsula

- - - Updated - - -

Illidan would beg to differ.

So would Alleria.
    Murozond could easily do it, but given that in this cheesy variant they have a literal old god on their side crossing between realities is probably the least notable issue here.

Honestly it could be a plot point: First they doubt the ship's intentions, but they lack the means to otherwise escape their dying world and so fall under its thrall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    The light being bad will never happen. Too many alliance fans would unsub over this.
    Do you genuinely think any would?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I think people really oversell something that has only been featured in a total side story for an allied race. Until we see more development the Yrel plotline has about as much relevance as the Dark Iron kidnapping Smolderon and trying to resurrect Ragnaros.

I could never see the Lightbound being the focus of an entire expansion. I think if she ever pops up again it will be something Murozond related.
    Well, haven't the elements been oddly hostile this expansion? Seems like something is afoot on all the elemental planes, perhaps the dark irons sort of succeeded and a civil war of sorts might explain their partial enmity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I’m primed and ready to fend off the otherworldly invasion of zealous Holy Light fanatics… in the name of… well, uh… also the Holy Light.
    Let's not pretend there is no fighting amongst the same faithful of the same faith.
    Faith's nice, it's nothing close to capable of dictating though. Even in a world of magic.

After all we fought the scarlet crusade too, light magics included.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm on board honestly since with the time skip they've removed the time travel element and redundant versions of existing living characters and it's just an alternate reality world at this point.

Where would we fight them though? I feel like a third version of Draenor would be getting ridiculous.
    Good question, even cheese needs a place to rest.
    Kinda inclined to go for the left field and say "AU Argus that they tried to merge with MU Argus to have a chance at retroactively saving it from the Legion".

Which would sorta mix Garrosh's intentions with N'zoth's ploy and would conveniently allow us to free Sargeras by accident while still keeping him distant enough not to immediately destroy the universe.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

You keep trying to make that happen Bauman but it won't happen. You don't even understand what that trope means.
    As I said, you are probably right. We'll see. But Turalyon will definitely play an antagonistic role. He won't be the main baddie, but we will definitely humble him halfway through the plot and turn him to the good side. We both know that most players are tired of your standard white male hero archetype.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    As I said, you are probably right. We'll see. But Turalyon will definitely play an antagonistic role. He won't be the main baddie, but we will definitely humble him halfway through the plot and turn him to the good side. We both know that most players are tired of your standard white male hero archetype.
    Maybe first patch, a dungeon or even a zone storyline. Turalyon will immediately flip on Yrel the moment he is confronted with adequate evidence because he has been depicted as an extremely moderate person (and was ever that even back in WC2, Alleria was the fanatic in their relationship). He may agree with her early on but once the Lightbound show up or when she starts with act utilitarianism he is out. A Light expansion should give nuance by showing multiple expressions of the Light (and of the Void) and while Turalyon served X'era (because that's who found him stranded in the Nether) he is vastly more likely to align with A'dal.

Yes. They would. Especially human paladin players. The light being the only force of good in the Warcraft universe has always been the core of its lore. I doubt anyone would take it lightly if that concept gets abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Yes. They would. Especially human paladin players. The light being the only force of good in the Warcraft universe has always been the core of its lore. I doubt anyone would take it lightly if that concept gets abandoned.
    That ship has sailed. We already abandoned the core of the lore which is the faction wars. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep destroying everything that made the game great in the first place, so they can make room for their own crappy writing. I think this tendency is quite clear, and they showed it plainly with Shadowlands.
    Battle for Azeroth
    Best focking Axpansion!

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Kinda inclined to go for the left field and say "AU Argus that they tried to merge with MU Argus to have a chance at retroactively saving it from the Legion".

Which would sorta mix Garrosh's intentions with N'zoth's ploy and would conveniently allow us to free Sargeras by accident while still keeping him distant enough not to immediately destroy the universe.
    AU Argus would've still already fallen to the Legion the same way as ours did, and there's no more time travel element, so that's off the table.

And if they tried to invade our universe's Argus and take over....why would we stop them? It's still demon-infested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure we'll go off the deep end in this soup of sword in silithus, AU, MU, light and void, space and extra dimensions etc in 12.0

They're setting it up to try and bring some conclussion and closure to this mess, that'll hopefully be both satisfying story and gameplay. It's why they got metzen and real authors on board right, rather than following the whims of a narc showrunner?
    Enjoy this down to earth expansion while it lasts, I'm certain we'll be going off on an epic space adventure to answer some of these questions and speculations, if not next expansion then the one after it.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2023-03-14 at 04:11 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    AU Argus would've still already fallen to the Legion the same way as ours did, and there's no more time travel element, so that's off the table.

And if they tried to invade our universe's Argus and take over....why would we stop them? It's still demon-infested.
    Probably because they are making a yet bigger mess in the process somehow.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Turalyon will immediately flip on Yrel the moment he is confronted with adequate evidence because he has been depicted as an extremely moderate person (and was ever that even back in WC2, Alleria was the fanatic in their relationship)
    True, but that means Blizzard writers read ToD and BtDP novels, and I highly doubt they did. Both Turalyon and especially Khadgar are very different from their novel counterparts. Turalyon was basically an insecure nerd, which is a far cry from what we see right now in the game.

I mean, if they managed to butcher a popular character like Sylvanas, then there is absolutely no hope for B-list characters like Turalyon. So we'll see.