They should have tried to adhere to the comics version of the Eternals anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You're an actual industry insider - WAS she let go, or did she leave for some other reason? I haven't found any specific information.
    She was fired. No one "leaves" these jobs of their own will. That's just how one is allowed to exit. The only time people are publicly "fired" is when they do something egregious the company has to distance itself from- like committing a known crime.

I am not an insider. I just work on the data metric for all types of products and entertainment. If this forum had more topics about coffee machines, dishwashers, and chicken nuggets I'd have a lot of categorical industry knowledge about those things too.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2023-03-21 at 03:34 PM. Reason: phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    And for those whining about what she did years ago, that's not how Hollywood, Corporate world works. It doesn't matter how much money you made in the past. It's all about what you are doing now. If you are losing Disney money, they will get rid of you.
    Oh you can read me what a pleasant surprise....you know why I am saying this , right? Yeah you know ...but still not brave enough , no? lol

The thing is....you are not Hollywood. You are not a corporation just someone pouring poison and although it's true that the nature of the beast is "What you done for me lately?" it's also true that she was there from Iron Man to five minutes ago and if you don't hate the MCU as you claim ( and no one believes) she deserves YOUR ( not the corporate) recognition but I guess that would get in the way of your narrative of sky falling.

Quote me in May

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    She was fired. No one "leaves" these jobs of their own will. That's just how one is allowed to exit. The only time people are publically "fired" is when they do something egregious the company has to distance itself from- like committing a publically known crime.

I am not an insider. I just work on the data metric for all types of products and entertainment. If this forum had more topics about coffee machines, dishwashers, and chicken nuggets I'd have a lot of categorical industry knowledge about those things too.
    Exactly. They fire her but she gets a huge Severance package, pr spin it to make both parties look good.

Mcu has to course correct. Their content was suffering diminishing returns, losing the fan base and ever increasing identity politics driven agendas. Mcu just needs to get back to telling entertaining stories , great vfx , and nit trying to insult or drive away your fan base .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Oh you can read me what a pleasant surprise....you know why I am saying this , right? Yeah you know ...but still not brave enough , no? lol

The thing is....you are not Hollywood. You are not a corporation just someone pouring poison and although it's true that the nature of the beast is "What you done for me lately?" it's also true that she was there from Iron Man to five minutes ago and if you don't hate the MCU as you claim ( and no one believes) she deserves YOUR ( not the corporate) recognition but I guess that would get in the way of your narrative of sky falling.
    Well, then you have to know how much she did back then and later on, to compare. Cause the first iron man is unquestionable good, and the movies from phase 4 are questionable bad. She apparently was part of the CGI folk, so the writing was def not her fault, but the CGI lately is questionable bad as well, a lot of of stuff that looks like unpolished/rushed to straight up bad. Could be she became worse in her job, that can happen, or she didn't had as much power of decision making as before

Either way, is not a matter of "sky falling", but it is copium to not realize things aren't that good, cause if they are taking time/care to fix things, it does means things need to be fixed, therefore, not as good as they hoped to be.

Now, of course Guardians will do good, by reasons we can safe guess, but it will be a outlier like spider-man was. They delaying The Marvels was IMO, def to salvage cause they saw it was going to bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Well, then you have to know how much she did back then and later on, to compare. Cause the first iron man is unquestionable good, and the movies from phase 4 are questionable bad. She apparently was part of the CGI folk, so the writing was def not her fault, but the CGI lately is questionable bad as well, a lot of of stuff that looks like unpolished/rushed to straight up bad. Could be she became worse in her job, that can happen, or she didn't had as much power of decision making as before

Either way, is not a matter of "sky falling", but it is copium to not realize things aren't that good, cause if they are taking time/care to fix things, it does means things need to be fixed, therefore, not as good as they hoped to be.

Now, of course Guardians will do good, by reasons we can safe guess, but it will be a outlier like spider-man was. They delaying The Marvels was IMO, def to salvage cause they saw it was going to bomb.
    Or could just be that you are comparing an age with one movie a year and zero shows compared with 2021/2022 with 3/4 movies and a fuck ton of shows. Comparing 2 hours to 12 is a complex comparison.

Quantumania is not good news but if you ask me the real termometer of the health of the franchise will come in May next year : it's how people react to the new Capitan America in the theaters (one of the Big Three) the thing that will really create a picture with enough resolution to tell.

Now , do you see this is not this the thing that I am discussing, right? I am discussing....What the hell is woke in Quantumania?

Please someone ( not necessarily you) explain to me how ( quoting THAT guy) the "ever increasing identity politics driven agendas" fucked Quantumania.
    Last edited by PrimiOne; 2023-03-21 at 03:36 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or could just be that you are comparing an age with one movie a year and zero shows compared with 2021/2022 with 3/4 movies and a fuck ton of shows. Comparing 2 hours to 12 is a complex comparison.
    And also i can compare an age when they had less budget, were not owned by disney, maybe had more passion, had less people working on then.
    Quantumania is not good news but if you ask me the real termometer of the health of the franchise will come in May next year : it's how people react to the new Capitan America in the theaters (one of the Big Three) the thing that will really create a picture with enough resolution to tell.
    Thats a good point with capitain america, but Until there, they have the time to work things out, and fix the problems the franchise is having thus far, and a lot o shit went downhill. I personally don't think the sky is falling, because companies like disney and amazon are filthy and have enough money to their hearts content, and if the "message" is hurting their pockets, they can stop and go back to formula, which is whats happening atm, with they delaying stuff and reshooting, if its for the better is yet to be seen.

Now , do you see this is not this the thing that I am discussing, right? I am discussing....What the hell is woke in Quantumania?

Please someone ( not necessarily you) explain to me how ( quoting THAT guy) the "ever increasing identity politics driven agendas" fucked Quantumania.
    Honestly this is a rabbit hole that goes too deep and there is some know posters who will start pooping out at the slightest mention of it. But, its easy to see a forced pattern in all phase 4 and quantumania that can made an argument of t. In itself is not a problem, but seeing as a pattern, every time, seeing their goal, it yrkes on some people, they get tired and don't go see in teathers. The bad writing doesn't help that either...

Honestly this is a rabbit hole that goes too deep and there is some know posters who will start pooping out at the slightest mention of it. But, its easy to see a forced pattern in all phase 4 and quantumania that can made an argument of t. In itself is not a problem, but seeing as a pattern, every time, seeing their goal, it yrkes on some people, they get tired and don't go see in teathers. The bad writing doesn't help that either...
    Sorry....but then you are saying that there's nothing inherently woke in Quantumania but this movie is paying the bill of past wokeness that exhausted the public before?

Ok I'll play that game. So ....what is woke in Wakanda Forever? ( do you see where are we going right? We are going backwards to trace the origin of the cursed wokeness). Because if you are gonna say the black cast that black cast was the 3rd highest box office ever (US) in the previous episode and became a cultural phenomenom for afroamerican people so I'm gonna risk it and say that no person was outraged by it.

So...what is woke in Love and Thunder? Jane Foster picking the hammer? Is this what screwed the film?...no,not at all. The thing that screwed the film is Waititi losing the perspective that the genre is about Shock & Awe...this is what makes it work. Superhero genre is about Hela picking the hammer and destroying it ( even with the trailer fucking it)...it's about Thor getting his thundermojo back and knocking Hulk down....it's about "What are you the god of!!!!"..."Thunder!!!"....it's about Thor rolfstomping through the rainbow bridge while "Inmigrant song" is playing.....and these scenes worked in Ragnarok.
    The thing that screwed the film is that Waititi tried to replicate the comical soap opera formula again but put too much focus in the humor so the shock & awe scenes simply fell flat and that is dead on arrival for a movie. It can be not funny...but it can't be not awesome.

What is woke in Multiverse of Madness? That America has two transdimensional mothers? A character created 20 years ago is gonna take now the beating of "diversity" ? really? You have criticized the Illuminati scene endlessly....so are America's mommies the thing that broke the movie for you? Are the Illuminatis woke? America has a daddy and a mommie and now the film is awesome for you?

No, phase 4 had good and bad movies ( and horrible like Eternals) but there's this narrative that simply does not match reality that a perceived wokeness ( Christ Almighty one gay character out of 30 more characters in a movie and people are already pointing at Valkyrie like satan) is affecting the scripts.
    Man... who Valkyrie fucks is as relevant to "Love and Thunder" narrative as the color of her hair.

So I would like that , not just you but in general ( not to @Dystemper because he doesn't dare lol) when someone screams "Woke!!!!" he would at least has the intelectual honesty of explaining how that particular aspect of the movie breaks it and we can continue the conversation with specifics and honestly with the proper context ( She-Hulk is as woke as was created more than 40 years ago....no ,really, sometimes this becomes surreal).

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok I'll play that game. So ....what is woke in Wakanda Forever? ( do you see where are we going right?
    It’s the women some people are upset about them getting more focus or “upstaging” men and apply it to every stage 4 movie/show.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2023-03-21 at 06:25 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    It’s the women some people are upset about them getting more focus or “upstaging” men.
    What men? T'Chaka was dead even before the first movie,Killmonger is dead, T'Challa is dead...M'Baku was always a secondary. What men were left to take the central spotlight? W'Kabi that wasn't there simply because he was shooting "Nope"?

Edited: I see that you extended the answer. Well...from its very inception Marvel had strong females in the center of the narrative. In an age where television were stuck in a traditional wife ( 60s) Marvel women were in the front of the battle kicking asses NOT cooking lunches.
    There's literally dozens and dozens of heroines that we fans love so I honestly gonna tell to whoever says Marvel women don't deserve protagonism that they can kindly go fuck themselves.
    Last edited by PrimiOne; 2023-03-21 at 06:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    What men? T'Chaka was dead even before the first movie,Killmonger is dead, T'Challa is dead...M'Baku was always a secondary. What men were left to take the central spotlight? W'Kabi that wasn't there simply because he was shooting "Nope"?
    I’n wakanda’s case it was M’Baku or the theoretical recast of T’challa, there was plenty of post about it some time back.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2023-03-21 at 06:35 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some 5Heads here told us that Disney should just hire a different black guy as a Chadwick replacement and not doing this and putting Shuri as BP "took away a chance" from some hypothetical actor. Yup, they are this upset we are getting more MCU girls in the spotlight.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-03-21 at 07:04 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Surprising exactly zero peoples, and you will see the same people seeing this and denying the stuff we being talking for a while

Blade being underutilized in his own film? passing the torch? thats just phase 4 trending.

Seems like Mahershala is one of the few that can "talk back" cause he is a great actor and they would be losing, not him, if he jumps out, he can afford it.
    back before the disney+ days the leaks for netflix were that they were going to do a punisher series, a moon knight series, some sort of series involving the hulk and they were trying to get wesley snipes back and had even met with him a few times and all the leaks were saying the plans were for there to be a netflix series where snipes comes back and his daughter is the main "blade" like they tried to do in the comics except it be a bit like batman beyond with the older blade dynamic.

i wouldnt be the least bit surprised if whatever problems there are with the blade script is partially them trying to save time and retrofit their old netflix plans onto this movie and phase.

but a story like that only works if they had brought back snipes. it be ridiculous to introduce a new actor as blade only to immediately give them the shaft
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    and his daughter is the main "blade" like they tried to do in the comics
    I haven't kept up with blade since like 2005, was his daughter a thing before that they tried to do or do you mean the comics from this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I haven't kept up with blade since like 2005, was his daughter a thing before that they tried to do or do you mean the comics from this year?
    they announced the comic all the way back in 2015 and then not much happened until now

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/6...-to-comics.htm
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

7+ Year Old Account
    they announced the comic all the way back in 2015 and then not much happened until now

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/6...-to-comics.htm
    huh I'm surprised that I haven't heard about this especially with how things were with comics in 2015 around youtube and stuff.

my guess is that it was a mix of talks with snipes falling through and all the negative backlash the comic got when it was announced.

marvel is basically using their comics now as a way to test the waters with concepts and ideas for other mediums and marvel has always struggled with what they want to do with the character

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry....but then you are saying that there's nothing inherently woke in Quantumania but this movie is paying the bill of past wokeness that exhausted the public before?

Ok I'll play that game. So ....what is woke in Wakanda Forever? ( do you see where are we going right? We are going backwards to trace the origin of the cursed wokeness). Because if you are gonna say the black cast that black cast was the 3rd highest box office ever (US) in the previous episode and became a cultural phenomenom for afroamerican people so I'm gonna risk it and say that no person was outraged by it.

So...what is woke in Love and Thunder? Jane Foster picking the hammer? Is this what screwed the film?...no,not at all. The thing that screwed the film is Waititi losing the perspective that the genre is about Shock & Awe...this is what makes it work. Superhero genre is about Hela picking the hammer and destroying it ( even with the trailer fucking it)...it's about Thor getting his thundermojo back and knocking Hulk down....it's about "What are you the god of!!!!"..."Thunder!!!"....it's about Thor rolfstomping through the rainbow bridge while "Inmigrant song" is playing.....and these scenes worked in Ragnarok.
    The thing that screwed the film is that Waititi tried to replicate the comical soap opera formula again but put too much focus in the humor so the shock & awe scenes simply fell flat and that is dead on arrival for a movie. It can be not funny...but it can't be not awesome.

What is woke in Multiverse of Madness? That America has two transdimensional mothers? A character created 20 years ago is gonna take now the beating of "diversity" ? really? You have criticized the Illuminati scene endlessly....so are America's mommies the thing that broke the movie for you? Are the Illuminatis woke? America has a daddy and a mommie and now the film is awesome for you?

No, phase 4 had good and bad movies ( and horrible like Eternals) but there's this narrative that simply does not match reality that a perceived wokeness ( Christ Almighty one gay character out of 30 more characters in a movie and people are already pointing at Valkyrie like satan) is affecting the scripts.
    Man... who Valkyrie fucks is as relevant to "Love and Thunder" narrative as the color of her hair.

So I would like that , not just you but in general ( not to @Dystemper because he doesn't dare lol) when someone screams "Woke!!!!" he would at least has the intelectual honesty of explaining how that particular aspect of the movie breaks it and we can continue the conversation with specifics and honestly with the proper context ( She-Hulk is as woke as was created more than 40 years ago....no ,really, sometimes this becomes surreal).
    Honestly at this point people scream about stuff being woke so much the term has basically lost its meaning. Now it means “whatever I don’t like” to some people. It’s exhausting dealing with those people, they use circular nonsensical arguments which are based on rumours instead of facts

7+ Year Old Account

Ok I'll play that game.
    Ok i will bite, but im only going to repply to you and i will just say what my friend told me, not rly my words, or my point of view, its his.

Take account that Keving Feige itself said mcu is too white and they are going to change characters because rEpReSeNtAtIoN, also, take account that in this matter, "woke" is a form of fake activism, forced only to gain points, not rly sincere or well though, its just for the marketing. This is also the main problem in discussing "wokeness" because apaprently people have different POV on this, since some believe if you are not woke you are a nazi.

Also, take account they are bypassing years of comic book stories with said characters that sold well to focus on recent ones(that came in 2010 and later) that failed hard in the comics, thinking in the movies will do different. In all the movies you mention, the male lead is diminished and emasculated so the girlbosses, with barely any flaws, can save the day, in almost all cases the male need to be surrounded by 2 female or share spotlight. Again, nothing wrong in having female characters, but its how they do it, and with poor writing, that fucks things up. Doctor strange and thor were overshadowed in their own movie by Amnerica+wanda and Jane+valkyrie(that somehow is KING, when QUEEN have the same hyerarchy, because woke dumbasses think queen is lower than king, evena fter Thor arc was entirelly about him being worthy to be the king. but oh well). Clint get overshadowed by Kate bishop and echo, they defeat kingpin. You have captain america saying we should stop calling terrorists terrorists. She-hulk was better than hulk in everything and controlling anger. Wandavision became wanda, and she get away by enslaving a lot of people because yes. Like i said, by itself is not a problem, but it is a pattern in everything in phase 4.

We can go on and do a dissection every movie and tv show, but my friend does not have the time now, and the drones will pop up to fight, if you still want to talka bout you can dm me and my friend will answer to you

No, phase 4 had good and bad movies
    Appart from spider-man, everything was meh to terrible, there is some ok tv shows, but the writing overall is awful

- - - Updated - - -

i wouldnt be the least bit surprised if whatever problems there are with the blade script is partially them trying to save time and retrofit their old netflix plans onto this movie and phase.

but a story like that only works if they had brought back snipes. it be ridiculous to introduce a new actor as blade only to immediately give them the shaft
    Like i said, is not rly a far fetched theory, taking account they are doing just that phase four, diminishing characters in their own movies/shows and giving the torch to someone else. Its in the realms of dumb shit phase 4 could pull, taking a good actor, with a good character, and give him the shaft lol

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Some 5Heads here told us that Disney should just hire a different black guy as a Chadwick replacement and not doing this and putting Shuri as BP "took away a chance" from some hypothetical actor. Yup, they are this upset we are getting more MCU girls in the spotlight.
    I'll preface by saying I haven't seen BP2, so cannot comment on how much I might enjoy it. That said, I love seeing equality in films in general. I'm a big Captain Marvel fan and have loved Brie's work since Scott Pilgrim. She blew me away in Room. I enjoyed Melissa McCarthy's Ghostbusters film, especially the role-reversal of Chris Hemsworth and the absolutely hilarious acting of Kate McKinnon. Right now I'm thoroughly enjoying a slow watch of She-Hulk, it's an incredibly fantastic series that should get more attention.

I say this all to clarify my position on equality so that I can also say that, yes, I would have preferred a recasting of Black Panther rather than a passing of the torch. Not because Shuri is a woman. Not because her actress is an anti-vaxxing loon. But because I like the T'Challa version of the character, regardless of which actor is playing him. I also like the Jane Foster version of Thor (and now Valkyrie, in the comics) better than the original Thor. These are just personal preferences.

The people that didn't like it because they dared to replace a male character with a female? Well, they can go fuck themselves sideways and really aren't worth the effort of responding to, and I'm boggled that people do bother to give them any "airtime" in these threads. I don't engage with racists, misogynists, homophobes, transphobes, and facists. They thrive on making you feel defensive about the things you enjoy so, again, fuck them.