Now THIS is more what I want to see.

But it's a bit of a shame that this entire episode is basically as long as the Doctor Depression thing last week. What a waste.

Great to see the religious/cultural aspects fleshed out more, especially with Bo-Katan as the perspective. I like this thing they're doing, challenging her cultural heritage and beliefs with a different take from the same culture. Her cluelessness and slow assimilation are really nicely done.

Great episode, even if it's too short.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Jar Jar Binks actually did save Grogu, thats crazy.
    Wait, what now? Its the voice actor? Lulz...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    But it's a bit of a shame that this entire episode is basically as long as the Doctor Depression thing last week. What a waste.
    Uhm, last episode was ca 59 min, this one 33 min.

- - - Updated - - -

Many Jurassic World easter eggs

Indominus Rex, 'bigger than t-rex n part raptor'
    The scenes when the Mosasaurus noms that british annoying woman, noms the I-Rex

7+ Year Old Account
    It pisses me the fuck off to know that a proper mandalorian episode have less minutes than the damn doctor episode, fucks sake i blink and it was over.

I do like Bo-katan in this season so far, but they better NOT do the classic disney bait-switch here, its not her show, lets stick with mando and grogu. The order 66 flashbacks were cool and you will end up doing a movie out of flashbaks if this continues.,

5+ Year Old Account
    I demand a Grogu interacting with Yoda flashback

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Wait, what now? Its the voice actor? Lulz...
    Ahmed Best did more than just voice Jar Jar Binks. He was on set too for the motion capture.

- - - Updated - - -

Now THIS is more what I want to see.

Great to see the religious/cultural aspects fleshed out more, especially with Bo-Katan as the perspective. I like this thing they're doing, challenging her cultural heritage and beliefs with a different take from the same culture. Her cluelessness and slow assimilation are really nicely done.

Great episode, even if it's too short.
    I feel the Doctor episode is setting up more of the story down the line. But, yeah, this episode was good, it felt a little more fillery to me. But, it is definitely set up Bo-katan's character development which is good. Also, we got Paz Vizsla growth in this episode, but I love that "This mission calls for stealth" and Paz is like "So, I take by Big F gun to save my son."
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Andraste's sanctified ass, that episode was way too short. Great stuff, but man, I expected more than 27 minutes of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    It pisses me the fuck off to know that a proper mandalorian episode have less minutes than the damn doctor episode, fucks sake i blink and it was over.
    Most episodes have been between 35 and 45 mins. So slightly shorter than that isn't a big deal. It just has the perception as we went from the longest episode to the shortest episode. Chapter 2, 5, 11, and 14 have all been 30-32 mins. So it isn't even anything new for the series. Would I prefer to always have a set time for more show? Sure. Though it is interesting to not have to worry about filler and just show the story they want to tell in the time it takes to tell.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

5+ Year Old Account
    To me I felt satisfied with first half of ep. other was a bonus

While sort of felt short, it prob was the most expensive episode they have ever done so far

Sure u had episodes fighting Krayt dragon, but did u have full on order 66 in there as well level of content?

If this had been longer, it would prob cost half what a sw actual movie costs..

I have to say, I've always been impressed by how many giant alien creatures they have in this series, and this season doesn't disappoint.

I actually liked episode 3. I would like to know more about the motivation of that ex imperial officer. Is she really working for Moff Gideon and wants to erase the doctor's memories? Does she just hate the Doctor? Does she just like to torture people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

I do like Bo-katan in this season so far, but they better NOT do the classic disney bait-switch here, its not her show, lets stick with mando and grogu. The order 66 flashbacks were cool and you will end up doing a movie out of flashbaks if this continues.,
    Multiple people said how short normal episodes are when yall complained about the Pershing arc being thrown on top of a normal episode.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Take the Pershing arc out of last week and the episode is still similar in length to regular ones, we just got a side bonus story at no expense.

Great episode this week, I love that Bo tries to tell the armourer that Mythosaurs still exist and the Armourer is all "that's nice dear" as if they're an imaginative child.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did the Cult decide to set up camp in the middle of Jurassic Park?

This episode has made me trust Bo and the Cult less while making me want Din to finally leave sooner.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

First, because they stay hidden for a reason - Mandalorians make a juicy target for various factions, not the least of which are Imperial remnants who, you know, glassed over their entire PLANET. Living in Jurassic Park is a good way to keep people away.

Second, because they're Mandalorians, and Mandalorians are REALLY into hunting shit and proving themselves against tough animals. It's a big part of their culture. They're not just soldiers/mercenaries who fight other people - they're also big-game/trophy hunters.

7+ Year Old Account
    First, because they stay hidden for a reason - Mandalorians make a juicy target for various factions, not the least of which are Imperial remnants who, you know, glassed over their entire PLANET. Living in Jurassic Park is a good way to keep people away.

Second, because they're Mandalorians, and Mandalorians are REALLY into hunting shit and proving themselves against tough animals. It's a big part of their culture. They're not just soldiers/mercenaries who fight other people - they're also big-game/trophy hunters.
    This. In SWTOR, non-canon, they have a ritual blooding to become Mandalorian. Mandos in legends prided themselves on surviving not only battle, but the environment and tested themselves on beasts. They have been pushing that lately in canon.

- - - Updated - - -

To quote the Hulk: "Big monster!"
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account

This episode has made me trust Bo and the Cult less while making me want Din to finally leave sooner.
    Because Mandalorians hunt big monsters to prove themselfs pretty much.

Anyway.....we didnt get Mace Windu saving grogu ,but we did get a black guy Jedi as fan service
    Probaly they didnt want to give feloni to much freedom and he did a fuck you to the disney.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Because Mandalorians hunt big monsters to prove themselfs pretty much.

Anyway.....we didnt get Mace Windu saving grogu ,but we did get a black guy Jedi as fan service
    Probaly they didnt want to give feloni to much freedom and he did a fuck you to the disney.
    It is in no way an Fuck You to Disney as Kelleran Beq was the host of a children's game show based done under Disney.

They canonfied the character from the game show. Kelleran Beq is the 3rd character played by Ahmed Best in Star Wars after Jar Jar Binks and Ack Med-beq in the prequels.
    –The Sith Code

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but have to say Mando and the Disney TV shows in general are just getting kind of meh, not bad, but also not great, pretty good still, but nothing amazing, nothing making me itch for next weeks episode.

The action and stuff is almsot getting kind of cheesy, especially in Mando, it's hard to explain, but is almsot giving off 1980's made for TV super hero movies vibe, the super cringe, cheese ball kind of lame action sequences. Yes of course the effects are night and day better today, but the setup and fights just remind me of those 80's low budget movies, and not in a good way.

Even Andor, yes it was really good, but it had some poor episodes too, and overall I don't think it was this 10/10 best show ever, I found it to be a 7.5/10.

Boba Fett was super cheese and just bad, the teenagers on their Vespa bikes, ugh. Poorly written show.

Obi-Wan, oh my god don't even get me started, I had such high hopes for that show, and man what a massive letdown, just not what I expected whatsoever, it seemed like a fan made YouTube movie.

Can Star Wars still be great again? I really don't know, right now I find a lot of it to be mediocre and just ok.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is weird being half way through season 3 and having what I thought was going to be the main plot of the season finished. I have no idea where they are going with this right now.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It is weird being half way through season 3 and having what I thought was going to be the main plot of the season finished. I have no idea where they are going with this right now.
    I have the same feeling of confusion going into this. It felt so clear at the first episode that this was about redemption and Mandalore.

I guess with the twist of Bo Katan becoming part of the zealots, it will still be about redemption and Mandalore, just in a different way.