Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    So my gameplay is made up. Because i legtimaly used 3 skills for everything playing sorc. Basic lightning skill, chaing lightning, ice armor.
    You only used those? You didn't mix and match different things to try? Doesn't any game get boring in the same way? As most use the same skills through out the game. I'm curious as to what you are actually looking for in skills since when a different build that plays differently is posted you dismiss it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You only used those? You didn't mix and match different things to try? Doesn't any game get boring in the same way? As most use the same skills through out the game. I'm curious as to what you are actually looking for in skills since when a different build that plays differently is posted you dismiss it.
    How about an improvement on the ARPG genre instead of rehasing half of D3 skills and copying PoE

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont know, it is not my beta, it is theirs. Are you personally attacked? Because you try to make it personal.
    What? You are the one that stated the beta should be in a different state. Why are you getting so defensive when asked to explain that. Are you feeling personally attacked? Lmao.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    What are we missing? People say this but they don't actually realise there's very few systems not up in the beta. Will shadow dungeons somehow make them amazing? Doubt

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah because I get all my opinions from youtubers right? Go on. You know you want too
    He did not play beta?

15+ Year Old Account
    How about an improvement on the ARPG genre instead of rehasing half of D3 skills and copying PoE
    You are aware that Blizzard iterates and rarely innovates, right?

He did not play beta?
    Im sure he did play beta, its free its not a big deal.

I was just hoping to fill out my MMO champ bingo card and get called a youtuber parrot when someone cant disagree with you but want to

- - - Updated - - -

You are aware that Blizzard iterates and rarely innovates, right?
    Warcraft 3 disagrees.

Yeah they traditionally take more complex shit and make it simpler / more smooth. But they have innovated in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    "I used Charged Bolts and Lightning whole act 1 of D2. Man game's trash."

Who the fuck cares that you can do Act 1 easymode lowbie level 10ish with whatever skills? What'd you expect it to be? Dark Souls?

That's some hot takes there.
    I did not use charged bolt, i dont like that skill.

Well i did not say about playing easy mode. I played on veteran difficulty, there was nothing more to challenge myself in terms of difficulty setting.
    I also did not hat only 10 lvl, again, your detective is providing your with false information. Dont use them, you look like fool.

I can not comment on anything that was not in the beta. But people who got access to endgame seems to think similar though - boring skill tree, unbalanced classes, paragon tree is even worse than skill tree, itemization is lacking. Range or die.

- - - Updated - - -

I used other skills. I tried to mix it up. I even get some skills from items. All of those were a waste of clicks. Yes, i dropped blizzard on pack of enemies, they were slowed and take dmg, eventually they freeze solid. I also could use chaing lightning and destroy that pack with one click. I dropped hydra, i let it stay and kill enemies just running circles. It was intentionaly gimping myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not going to be innovation of ARPG genre, just a solid ARPG game.

Blizzard here is not out to make a revolution, but rather get to the beloved basics basics of D2, while still modernizing it enough to make it appealing for others. It's a tightrope walking here.

If you want ARPG innovation - go scout for indie ARPGs - there are a few. They don't have to cater to established franchise playerbase, their hands are untied.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 3 disagrees.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/War...volution_guide

The game where they cut much of the innovation to iterate on the basics of RTS instead disagrees?

- - - Updated - - -

It was intentionaly gimping myself.
    Considering Hydra is one the powerhouse abilities from the beta you weren't gimping yourself. You are just didn't like it and need to insult it for whatever reason.

The game where they cut much of the innovation to iterate on the basics of RTS instead disagrees?
    Im sure you can dig the net to find any quote/news piece you want to fit your agenda.

Warcraft 3 with the hero system was innovative. So was D1 and D2.

But i'm not here to talk about the glory days.

Im here to talk about pretty amateur game design in an age where other studios are perfecting it.

Well my rogue definitely did not play with 1-2 button, it was Shadow Step into Shadow Imbuement, (Invigorating Strikesx3, Twisting Blades)x2. Clone when available, build combo points until Imbue is back up so you can cycle faster the second time, Dark Shroud as a defensive. And there are trap builds, archer builds, AoE builds heck seen some builds were you switch between combo and sight midcombat. We are capped so you barely have the point to fill your bar, the complexity comes later when you can actually pick passives and think of legendary interactions more. I can say the class played very different at 10, 15, 20 and 25
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-03-25 at 10:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im sure you can dig the net to find any quote/news piece you want to fit your agenda.
    The actual facts is fitting an agenda? Lmao.

The actual facts is fitting an agenda? Lmao.
    You clearly have an agenda when trying to argue warcraft 3 didn't innovate when it spawned one of the most popular game types today with dota/moba. So take a seat son

10+ Year Old Account
    You clearly have an agenda
    And you don't?

Why are you here?

- - - Updated - - -

Considering Hydra is one the powerhouse abilities from the beta you weren't gimping yourself. You are just didn't like it and need to insult it for whatever reason.
    It dealt 40-45x3 = 120-140. Single target. Chain lighting dealt betwen 160-200, 6 times. Basic skill dealt 20-25 dmg x4. Single target. Putting hydra < clear group. One click.

Druid is definitely the least class. Took forever to cap out and I sent the Druid hand-me-downs.

I hate the way the Druid looks too. It is not my preference to play a husky woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    It dealt 40-45x3 = 120-140. Single target. Chain lighting dealt betwen 160-200, 6 times. Basic skill dealt 20-25 dmg x4. Single target. Putting hydra < clear group. One click.
    Ye man, clearly Hydra is the most underpowered skill for Sorcs.

You cracked the game, bro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Druid is definitely the least class.
    Yes that it is, I do think Blizz should have sneaked in Wild Spirits or whatever their class special is called into the beta. It's like 2/3 of a class now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ye man, clearly Hydra is the most underpowered skill for Sorcs.

You cracked the game, bro.
    Ball lightning was way, way worse. Hydra could have use on bosses. Ball lightning, will all that mobility etc was worse skill propably ever. Dealt like 60 dmg.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Druid is definitely the least class. Took forever to cap out and I sent the Druid hand-me-downs.

I hate the way the Druid looks too. It is not my preference to play a husky woman.
    Loved design of wereforms, sadened you auto change back.

15+ Year Old Account
    You clearly have an agenda when trying to argue warcraft 3 didn't innovate when it spawned one of the most popular game types today with dota/moba. So take a seat son
    The game itself didn't innovate much. I've never said it didn't introduce anything new at all. Blizzard didn't create DOTA. A modder using WC3 assets did. I have no agenda here but the facts. Even Samwise hinted at pulling back from innovation to focus on iteration instead, which you can see in the second quote. It is a known thing that Blizzard has a reputation to play it safe on their designs. It can be an issue but it is something that people experienced with Blizzard shouldn't be surprised at them following.

Heck even when they do innovate they often get complaints. It really is just a dog whistle for complainers to use.

"Taking inspiration from Aeon of Strife and using the expanded capabilities of the World Editor, modder Kyle "Eulogizing" Sommer created the first version of Defense of the Ancients in 2003" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defens...ts#Development

“We wanted to sell the world a bit more,” says Didier. “We wanted to have more RPG elements. We wanted to make something showing off a 3D engine. But, like with new tech, people tend to go overboard on that, so we kept slowly nudging the camera back up.” -https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/11/14/explore-warcraft-iiis-origins-in-this-rare-concept-art-gallery

10+ Year Old Account
    Ball lightning was way, way worse. Hydra could have use on bosses. Ball lightning, will all that mobility etc was worse skill propably ever. Dealt like 60 dmg.
    The fact you don't even begin to realize why Hydra is considered the absolute top Sorc skill in beta just shows how little you actually did.

It's sort of hilarious to the point I'm not sure if you just meme or actually serious.

It's like... what are we even discussing here. It's Dunning-Kruger effect spiking here.