Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    You are the only one making it complicated. Those of us who say it was boring are only speaking for ourselves. I'm sorry if you thought when I said I found it boring that I was saying 'you' found it boring. I was not, in fact, saying anything other than, "it was boring for me". And while being completely subjective, that's a factual statement. So I present the fact to you, that I found the game to be boring to me.

Also, I'm not an idiot. And while I can appreciate that you weren't talking to me, your comments still reference points I have made as well. I found the game boring. Because of that I will not play the game. Because I'm not playing the game, I would be the first to tell you that this game is not for me. Why you think you have to patronize me to explain, "the game isn't for you", is beyond me. Do you really believe that I think a game I find boring, that I won't play, is a game for me?

You say I found it boring because it's not for me, like Blizzard was saying, "should we add things to this game that Ragedaug will like? No, this game isn't for him". OOOH!!! Thanks Beanmann...I found it boring, and had no clue why. I was just mindlessly running around thinking, 'this is boring, but I don't know why', but fortunately you came along to explain exactly why I found it boring, which is because it's not for me! Thanks Beanmann!

You are wrong by the way. I'm not bored because the game isn't for me. It's the other way around. The game isn't for me because I find it boring when I play it.
    Then don't buy it, I don't care. This exchange is boring, so I'm gonna go find something to do that isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Then don't buy it, I don't care. This exchange is boring, so I'm gonna go find something to do that isn't.
    Your reply to me saying I won't buy it is "then don't buy it". I still don't get you, but definitely a little glad to hear you are bored of this exchange. Instead of telling you to go find something to do that's not boring (since you already said you were going to do that), I'll wish you well and hope you find more excitement in your following activities.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

I enjoyed it a lot. Most of OP's complaints are just how ARPGs generally work. 2 buttons is 1 button more than most POE builds.
    Too simple and easy, well this was only the first 25 levels AND again, thats how pretty much every ARPG works until end game.
    Sense of scaling? As long as I'm moving into new zones, I expect them to get harder or stay the same. It does feel weird if I backtrack and things are harder then they used to be.

Wanting to be weak at early level is one I don't agree with. I freaking HATE the first 3 acts in POE because of how freaking weak, simple, and slow the game play is.

I really can't comment on the quests because I skip all the dialog in pretty much all non-story based games

I think based on OP's complains about the game, I'm guessing he probably wouldn't like nearly any ARPG and the genre just isnt for him.

For me it felt very similar to D2, and while D2 was a great game for its time it isn't so great these days. D4 is a polished turd of D2/D3.

Your reply to me saying I won't buy it is "then don't buy it". I still don't get you, but definitely a little glad to hear you are bored of this exchange. Instead of telling you to go find something to do that's not boring (since you already said you were going to do that), I'll wish you well and hope you find more excitement in your following activities.
    Oh sorry, didn't really read your reply. So okay, your not buying it, thanks for letting me know, I guess. Have a good night.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    I enjoyed it a lot. Most of OP's complaints are just how ARPGs generally work. 2 buttons is 1 button more than most POE builds.
    Too simple and easy, well this was only the first 25 levels AND again, thats how pretty much every ARPG works until end game.
    Sense of scaling? As long as I'm moving into new zones, I expect them to get harder or stay the same. It does feel weird if I backtrack and things are harder then they used to be.

Wanting to be weak at early level is one I don't agree with. I freaking HATE the first 3 acts in POE because of how freaking weak, simple, and slow the game play is.

I really can't comment on the quests because I skip all the dialog in pretty much all non-story based games

I think based on OP's complains about the game, I'm guessing he probably wouldn't like nearly any ARPG and the genre just isnt for him.
    The difference with a 'simple' PoE build is you're still making decisions about gearing, which passives to go for next, or which to swap out to make up for whatever deficiencies the random gear has dealt you. I don't think PoE vs D4 is a fair comparison because they are obviously made for different people. But even considering its only the first 25 levels, I feel a lot of ARPGs have done early item and build progression better.

In my experience with the D4 beta, I had no meaningful decisions to make. I played a sorcerer, I could choose which element to focus my skills in, I don't see any reason why you would want to choose skills from different elements because they are built to be synergistic with each other through status effects. Which is a problem in itself because it turned out bosses are immune to status effects, so if you chose a CC heavy build you're a lot weaker versus bosses. The stagger mechanic does not currently make up for it because it takes like a minute of attacking to get 3-5 seconds of stagger, where the DPS oriented skills have 100% uptime of all their passives.

You don't have to feel weak in the starting levels, but if there is no difference between level 1 and level 20 besides how many buttons you are pushing, what have you really accomplished with your build? There is a satisfaction to going back to a hard encounter you may have struggled on at an appropriate level and decimating it with a built character. Or going from killing enemies one at a time with a couple of attacks each to screens full with a single button. Everything being around your level and always taking the same number of clicks is boring, it takes out the dynamic gameplay of being able to enter an area under leveled to get through faster/more efficiently, or grinding out a zone to over level a potentially dangerous section of the game, particularly for hardcore players.

I think its safe to say most people do not play ARPGs for the story, the core of the genre is the combat and loot. I'll give them that they did a good job on combat, giving people a reliable dodge button regardless of class is smart and opens up more interesting mob mechanics early on. I'm not personally a huge fan of the whole generator skill/spender skills rotation stuff, but to each their own. The loot falls entirely flat though, with zero reason to pay attention to 99% of secondary stats on gear, woo 5 dex giving me 0.2% chance to crit, amazing. The vast majority of the time the green number is the correct decision, it's not an engaging system. And once again copying the extremely boring legendary bonuses from D3 that scales abilities by way too much and railroads players into predetermined builds.

The thing is the story actually felt like it got in the way of gameplay, it was annoying to wait for NPCs to ramble through parts that were unskippable, or to walk to some arbitrary marker before you could continue. The filler quests like emoting at NPCs or walking 10 feet to pick up a quest item off the table were completely meaningless, and while small, will make a difference in the experience when you go to roll other classes or during seasonal resets, it was just poorly optimized.

Not to go into spoilers, but what the heck was that whole sequence after clearing the first mini-boss, in the tavern, and then the sloooow cart ride. It was like 3-4 minutes of nothing, I didn't want to skip in case I missed something important, but come on. If my character is unconscious, why do I need to see all this, and how did they know about it afterwards. There is as much handholding in the writing as there is in the gameplay.

The tone of the game is definitely hurt by the inclusion of forced multiplayer, it doesn't feel like a dark and dangerous world full of demons hiding the shadows waiting to eviscerate me when I enter a zone and see an event pop up and have 2-3 people run around clearing the area for me. Walking through empty sections of map that seemingly only exist to give mounts a purpose, or backtracking through sections of dungeon that were already cleared to progress. It's just bad design decisions all the way down.

They did nothing to try and innovate the genre and everything to dumb it down. I don't get why I would play this over Last Epoch, Grim Dawn, PoE, Torchlight or even Wolcen unless I was just a massive fan of the Diablo franchise. But at that point its basically a slight visual upgrade to diablo immortal without the direct pay to win elements.

If people enjoy it, I'm happy for them. I may not understand what they see in a game like this, but entertainment is subjective. I just think objectively speaking, there are better designed ARPGs out there.
    Last edited by Jerot; 2023-03-28 at 02:06 AM.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I've ever seen people claim the D3 story was good in any capacity until this thread. Also D3 was so easy on the normal difficulty that you could oneshot all the end act bosses first try with having never seen the fights before, all the way up to Diablo himself, without knowing anything about the damn game. It was shocking to me how much easier than D2 it was, and how painfully bad the storytelling was =/ Please stop shouting your plans at me from across the map, guys. You're supposed to be cunning and intelligent, and when I banter back with you about how I'm going to kick your ass, you lose all sense of being some scary, important, and powerful Hell Lord.

I do think it's lame that I can't play a private offline mode though. I only had dial up for most of my time playing D2 and being forced to play online with D3 was annoying enough but at least I could still play it as a private single player game. Now I have to worry about disconnecting and lagging messing up my progress, plus other people ruining my immersion. But man was everything else refreshing after the disappointment of D3.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    You're gonna reply to a well thought-out post containing actual valid feedback and criticism with THAT?

You've already lost the argument with your blind fanboyism.
    Would hardly call it thought out, complaining about a small portion of the game when most of the game isnt there to test is not thought out at all.

D4 is just a better version of D3 and it already is better, Diablo is a casual ARPG but at endgame you can choose to make it harder, comments should be made after you have played endgame which is the actual game.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I played the beta mainly to see, if my computer can run it since its getting rather old. Yes, it could run and also very well.

Yet, beta convinced me of another matter too. That is to not buy the game.

D4 looks good and the gameplay is fluid. Thats all it has.

In my opinion d4 has huge core design problems. Its designed that way probably for a reason, but that makes it not a game for me. I wont go into exactly what. If you are interested, you can easily go open reddit or some other place and read the complaints.

And no.. Its not the balancing. All of that will be corrected close enough for me to not care.

I will see the story by watching some streamer do it on release.

Next time I might get interested in d4 will be, if/when its expansion(s) come out. I'll see if those problems have been corrected. My hype is basically dead atm. I tested the game and decided its not for me.
    I´m more or less in the same boat as you.
    I think Blizzard deserves a lot of compliments on how good the game looks and runs on old PCs, I expected mine to run it somewhere between unplayable and acceptable, but actually it ran really well.

Alas I too ended up feeling that this was just not a diablo game for me.

I think it's safe to say there won't be a Diablo 5.

to my point earlier that alot of the d4 hate is just social reactionaries, look at the top threads on the official forum for feedback

in no point during the beta did any of those top 2 threads cross my mind, this is compounded by the fact that anyone with a bnet account can make a forum post whether or not they bought the game probably a big flood in from the classic meme sites like 4 chan and blizzard haters in general
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2023-03-28 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I played the beta mainly to see, if my computer can run it since its getting rather old. Yes, it could run and also very well.

Yet, beta convinced me of another matter too. That is to not buy the game.

D4 looks good and the gameplay is fluid. Thats all it has.

In my opinion d4 has huge core design problems. Its designed that way probably for a reason, but that makes it not a game for me. I wont go into exactly what. If you are interested, you can easily go open reddit or some other place and read the complaints.

And no.. Its not the balancing. All of that will be corrected close enough for me to not care.

I will see the story by watching some streamer do it on release.

Next time I might get interested in d4 will be, if/when its expansion(s) come out. I'll see if those problems have been corrected. My hype is basically dead atm. I tested the game and decided its not for me.
    I honestly don’t see any major core issue that can’t be fixed IF they want to.

The base for me is really good and that’s all that matters. Let’s see if they (will) listen to feedback this time.

- - - Updated - - -

I expect tf type of gameplay I get from every single open beta I've ever played. Which is exactly the same gameplay as the game launches with, only with less bugs and better tuning.

Also I said nothing about slaying demons being boring, so maybe you are once again quoting me but not actually talking to me. /shrug. I dunno.

...also, also, the "don't complain about it, it's just beta" crowd are wrong about 99% of these things they tell us not to complain about in beta because it will be better in launch. Nearly everything we complain about in beta makes it to launch and if we are lucky and complain loud enough, we'll see the thing we complain about get fixed somewhere in the next 3 patches.

......also, also, also, the literal entire purpose of a beta is to elicit feedback, which you call "complaining" and suggest we don't do it.
    I have already stated that I have no issues in complaining about some aspects or many aspects or even all aspects of the beta, but I cannot accept complaints about the gameplay itself because it’s the exact gameplay we can expect from any ARPG. Again, you go around, you slay horde of demons. It’s as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen people claim the D3 story was good in any capacity until this thread. Also D3 was so easy on the normal difficulty that you could oneshot all the end act bosses first try with having never seen the fights before, all the way up to Diablo himself, without knowing anything about the damn game. It was shocking to me how much easier than D2 it was, and how painfully bad the storytelling was =/ Please stop shouting your plans at me from across the map, guys. You're supposed to be cunning and intelligent, and when I banter back with you about how I'm going to kick your ass, you lose all sense of being some scary, important, and powerful Hell Lord.

I do think it's lame that I can't play a private offline mode though. I only had dial up for most of my time playing D2 and being forced to play online with D3 was annoying enough but at least I could still play it as a private single player game. Now I have to worry about disconnecting and lagging messing up my progress, plus other people ruining my immersion. But man was everything else refreshing after the disappointment of D3.
    You don't decide that in poe.. The guide you picked decides for you.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    From what I understand, Barbarians and druids can’t complete their class quests you get at lvl 15. According to some vids, caster dudu is as OP as other casters, but I’m kinda hoping the melee gameplay will improve with the power gain from the class quest.
    Yea but the other classes work without their class bonus's. Sorc and necro are strong out the gate. Rogue is plenty strong as well just not as much as the other 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    People literally said that about 4 for nearly a decade.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I have already stated that I have no issues in complaining about some aspects or many aspects or even all aspects of the beta, but I cannot accept complaints about the gameplay itself because it’s the exact gameplay we can expect from any ARPG. Again, you go around, you slay horde of demons. It’s as simple as that.
    What if my complaint about the gameplay is that it bores me? I play other ARPGs, which you note contain the exact same gameplay, yet I don't get bored when I play them. Am I allowed to complain about that?

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I think it's safe to say you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Yea but the other classes work without their class bonus's. Sorc and necro are strong out the gate. Rogue is plenty strong as well just not as much as the other 2.
    Barb works as well, just needs gear. The class bonus doesn't matter.
    And Barb outscales the shit out of any other class.

All barb needs is a better modifier on their builder.
    Everyone's builder deals like 5x the damage and core skills can be used more frequently. (Bone Splinters on Necro = lol)
    Since there is a specific reason as to why it's not a good idea to enhance core skills for Barbs, buffing basic skills is all it wants.

No idea about druids though.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2023-03-28 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Barb works as well, just needs gear. The class bonus doesn't matter.
    And Barb outscales the shit out of any other class.

All barb needs is a better modifier on their builder.
    Everyone's builder deals like 5x the damage and core skills can be used more frequently. (Bone Splinters on Necro = lol)
    Since there is a specific reason as to why it's not a good idea to enhance core skills for Barbs, buffing basic skills is all it wants.

No idea about druids though.
    It was outright bad to play barb from level 1 and it didnt really change a whole lot on the way to 25. Gotta put in way more legwork to kill stuff than lets say a necro. Necromancer is just kekw until the end.

What if my complaint about the gameplay is that it bores me? I play other ARPGs, which you note contain the exact same gameplay, yet I don't get bored when I play them. Am I allowed to complain about that?
    You are allowed to say what you want, every opinion matters.

I started again PoE and Grim Dawn, level 10 on both atm, I honestly can’t see any major pluses above the first 10 levels of D4, I’m basically putting points more or less casually and instagibbing everything.