Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I provided an entire post about how in many ways, faith and basic education which prepare children for a life outside of church held positions ARE in conflict and you simply brushed it off as forbidden topic. You make an assertion here that they aren't in conflict, and yet I provide many examples of how they are in fact in conflict. Show your work.
    The one where you mention climate change?

I believe global warming or climate change are real and man made. I believe that’s environmental science. Not sure if that’s a conflict. Plenty of conservation clubs for that too.

Honestly I don’t know any political private schools though lol. I don’t think any kind of private schools wouldn’t cover that.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2023-04-23 at 08:47 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Because I’m trying to stay clear of religious debate.

Value vs value less values. Empty individuals with no source or purpose values

The garbage I see in most public schools and general society. I personally would never send a kid to public schools because of this.

Whether religious private or non.

Vapid shallow and worthless Tik tok values every bit as mindless as the zealots people talk about from those of faith.

Yes a society and modern thinking of politic over consumption. People who ask for more because they’re empty even to the point of turning the planet toxic.

That’s not religious that’s just my view on what public schools represent.

I’m open to being wrong. But I can understand why some wouldn’t want any part of public schools.

I don’t think teachers or unions give a single solitary fuck about kids either. Especially considering what they produce.

So I’m not inclined to care about what everyone pushes religious or otherwise.

As long as kids aren’t harmed and have access to education. I’m not concerned with how their parents decide on their education.

I don’t believe or value public schools. But I have options so do they. However some rather push. I’m not
    You want to steer clear of religious debates but you're the one that invites it by bringing up those "others" in the first place. I'm only increasingly confused as to what you're trying to do.

The rest is just again you exposing your vague views of not liking public schools because they feature vague things you don't like for vague reasons. Which, fair enough I suppose, but I still don't understand what point you're even trying to make.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Again children being taught values you don’t agree with alone isn’t harmful. Just because a child is taught faith is just as important as anything else in private school. Doesn’t make you any different than those trying to put the 10 commandments in public schools.
    So now values from others isn't harmful and yet you don't want ideas from others because...............stupidity? Religious faith is not just as important as actual schooling.

Both come from the same public society that believes in pushing what a small group think is right on other people’s children.
    You mean like how a religion will push their group think on a child?

I elect private religious education because along with what they need to know by academic standards they also learn values in line with their mom and father or family that doesn’t include you.
    And now other family members can teach them values, but you said the only ones that matter are the mother and father? It's almost like your reasoning doesn't make sense.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Most schools that I know of that are accredited have standards. One of them is a basic education as long as a private school adheres to that standard religious or not. Taught by accredited qualified teachers that’s all they should be required private or public.

What YOU think other people’s kids should be taught outside that is irrelevant.

That is our standard along with faith and OUR children and I support other families having that right. Full stop

More to ON Topic. I disagree with pushing the 10 commandments or prayer in PUBLIC school. For the same reasons I stated above.

Sorry didn’t mean to miss the question here in bold.

No. If a kid is in public a school they need to learn biology which is part of a basic science curriculum whether the parents agree or not especially in public school.

If you mean private school then YES also. Because that’s science.

If they don’t they should lose accreditation and not be allowed to teach any children.

I do agree all kids public or private should be required to teach science.
    The thing about being accredited it side stepping what I am talking about. I am not talking about the standards existing, we know they exist, we are talking about those standards either being intentionally lowered or flat out ignored.

What either of us think your kids should be taught should be irrelevant the moment it contradicts what is in the best interest of your child's future. I have already given you multiple examples of how parents can make some of the worst options for education. Also, if you spend your life trying to force your dogma down your kids throat in a day and age when they can learn from other sources, don't be surprised when you kids reject your views before they make it through middle school and silently think less of you for doing so and even keep silent about many of their views when they are around you because of how you will react.

Glad for you to admit that the parent should kick rocks when it comes to preventing their kid from learning about the basics in public school.

Your answer for private school is unclear. You stated "Yes" that you have no issues with them denying their kids knowledge when it conflicts with their faith but then talk about accreditation. Please clarify, when it comes to private schools, do you believe that the parents or the school should have the ability to refuse to teach information that conflicts with the faith they are attempting to expose them to?

Also, your talk about accreditation brings me to the next question. Do you agree with parents trying to lower the standards of education intentionally to remove education on subjects that contradict their faith or they think will make their kids think less of them? Examples include:

-Refusing to teach your kids about the civil war and what it was fought over because you are trying to lie to your children and teach them it was over states rights while ignoring the singular state right it was over.

-Refusing to teach your kids about evolution or forcing the school to teach creationism along side them as if they are equally valid theories when they are not.

-Refusing the finer points of biology because you are teaching your kids that vaccines are bad.

-Refusing to teach your kids about any of the civil rights struggles since the civil war except two or three events from Martin Luther King because you don't want your kids to know the true extent of the damage done and continuing to do and their lingering impacts because you feel it will make your kid feel like he isn't better than others instead of you being able to blame people worse off than you for the issues they are dealing with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Just a reminder you guys are arguing with someone who is pro law enforcement killing other people's children, pro killing minorities, and as seen in this thread pro indoctrinating your kids because they aren't his. The dude is a worse troll than TehDerp, Vyxn, and Theo combined....
    Maybe so, but I have given up trying to speak sense into people who don't care about any of that and the moderation here says they aren't allowed to moderate when it comes to trolling or lying unless it comes so overt they are practically admitting they are doing it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    So now values from others isn't harmful and yet you don't want ideas from others because...............stupidity? Religious faith is not just as important as actual schooling.
    Yes it is, whether you agree or not, if you don't then don't teach YOUR child, if you believe otherwise you shouldn't be complaining about these individuals trying to put prayer and the 10 commandments in public schools.

You mean like how a religion will push their group think on a child?
    Like you're demonstrating now, this group thinks this way, another group feels differently. I don't care what randoms or groups think, just the parents and qualified objective educators.

And now other family members can teach them values, but you said the only ones that matter are the mother and father? It's almost like your reasoning doesn't make sense.
    You aren't family, some random unelected so called individuals aren't either. Yet, even in family I don't get to decide what my sister ultimately decides for my niece or nephews education anymore than she our kids. Her input is certainly more important. Those that are actually party of of our community MAYBE. That's it, and that isn't anyone other than me and my wife responsible for creating and deciding what is best for our kids period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Please clarify, when it comes to private schools, do you believe that the parents or the school should have the ability to refuse to teach information that conflicts with the faith they are attempting to expose them to?
    If it's not included in a basic education Yes.

Also, your talk about accreditation brings me to the next question. Do you agree with parents trying to lower the standards of education intentionally to remove education on subjects that contradict their faith or they think will make their kids think less of them?
    No. If it's part of a basic education and standard requirement.

Examples include:

-Refusing to teach your kids about the civil war and what it was fought over because you are trying to lie to your children and teach them it was over states rights while ignoring the singular state right it was over.
    No, That seems like basic knowledge.

Refusing to teach your kids about evolution or forcing the school to teach creationism along side them as if they are equally valid theories when they are not.
    Yes, A Long as Evolution is taught correctly by a qualified teacher. I do NOT subscribe to Creationism, but I do not object to it being added to or part of that conversation in a private school

-Refusing the finer points of biology because you are teaching your kids that vaccines are bad.
    No.

-Refusing to teach your kids about any of the civil rights struggles since the civil war except two or three events from Martin Luther King because you don't want your kids to know the true extent of the damage done and continuing to do and their lingering impacts because you feel it will make your kid feel like he isn't better than others instead of you being able to blame people worse off than you for the issues they are dealing with.
    If it's part of basic history minus the extra things you mentioned. As to the politics Yes, they have the right to refuse the framing of the civil rights era. Even if I disagree.

When me and my wife picked the schools our kids would go to it was a pretty long process, 1 boy who 6 now, and 2 twins girls are 4. There was a wide range and to choose from even for Preschool and Kindergarten.

However every private option had to have basic standards and accreditation. Not really all that different from public schools which could have been an option but we decided not to. Our district the Public schools are fine.

The problem for us stem from strike outs and other kinds of questionable ideas allowed none of which had as much to do with religion at all. In fact the decision we did make had less to do with religion over all. Although it had a greater impact.

We are NOT Catholic, however those were of some of the options we considered.

As they age we also have schools planned out all have standards and are accredited.

There are some independent more crackpot private schools with less then idea credentials. However religious or not there are very specific requirements we have like every parent we know for considering private or faith based education.

None of them would include many of the things you mentioned, they are just schools, the only thing that matters is heir ability and success rate of teaching kids and keeping them safe while attending school and that faith our faith is taught.

Granted NO school is going to be without elements of disagreement, however there is a fine line between disagreement and crackpot idiots who are playing politics with kids education in any event.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2023-04-24 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't family, some random unelected so called individuals aren't either. Yet, even in family I don't get to decide what my sister ultimately decides for my niece or nephews education anymore than she our kids. Her input is certainly more important. Those that are actually party of of our community MAYBE. That's it, and that isn't anyone other than me and my wife responsible for creating and deciding what is best for our kids period.
    No matter how many times you repeat this lie, it's never gonna be true. Ever. Anywhere.

Parents are all beholden to standards for child care, and negligence in those responsibilities can and does lose parents their custodial rights to their children, whether temporarily or permanently. You don't get to say "well, MY values say I can beat my child with a rod for disobedience!" Well, you can, I guess, but it just means you'll lose your kids because you're a threat to them, and you'll face a prison sentence for child abuse and physical assault and battery.

Also, still waiting on you to clarify what specific secular values you object to in public schools.

If it's not included in a basic education Yes.
    So you admit you supporting leaving children ignorant of information to cling to lies. And I don't use the term lies lightly. If your views require you ignore facts, then they aren't true by any stretch and factually is already proven wrong even as a theory.

If your views require you to keep your children ignorant of facts to have them, your views are worthless and devalue your own children's future by believing them.

When it comes your views, your private school is no longer a school it is cult indoctrination as you are denying them education to support lies that education would disprove.

No. If it's part of a basic education and standard requirement.
    Not sure how well that mashes above where you just said you have no issues with denying children knowledge based on the leanings of the parents.

No, That seems like basic knowledge.
    Depends on which parent you speak with, what state they are in and so on.

Yes, A Long as Evolution is taught correctly by a qualified teacher. I do NOT subscribe to Creationism, but I do not object to it being added to or part of that conversation in a private school
    Let me get this straight, you support teaching a scientific theory with evidence behind it but putting a faith based hypothesis with zero evidence behind it on the same level? If so, you are supporting raising morons for children. They should never be taught as equals until creationism actually has some scientific evidence to back it up.

No.
    Glad to hear. But doesn't really mash well with how you already decided that parents can avoid teaching their kids other things strategically to match their views. This just seems to be something that you are against as well so you want it taught correctly.

If it's part of basic history minus the extra things you mentioned. As to the politics Yes, they have the right to refuse the framing of the civil rights era. Even if I disagree.
    It wasn't about framing, it was about teaching the actual truth of things. Basic history isn't just "What makes us feel good" its also the parts that show where we screwed up.

When you say they have the right to refuse the framing of the civil rights era, that translates to having the right to give their kids revisionist history of the past that omits the parts they don't like.

Learning that it wasn't some graceful accent to equal rights for women and minorities and there was massive and many times bloody backsliding over it where many of the monuments to the confederacy wasn't even made any time near them but in response to those civil rights isn't teaching them a skewed framing, that is teaching the history as what actually happened.

Sounds like you don't want to teach your kid American history, you want them to learn American mythology, even if the world they was taught about was so cherry picked that it never actually existed as they envision it because all the bad things about it were omitted from their knowledge of it.

You aren't trying to teach your kids to be intelligent individuals capable of critical thinking as you make to sure strategically create gaps in their knowledge so you can insert lies into those spaces to match the bias you wish to portray.

Saying you are sticking to the Standard doesn't absolve you of that when you still admit to refusing them knowledge based on the whims of others faith so they can feed them something that actually contradicts the facts.

So, I fall back to my previous stance, if you believe that omitting facts from your kids education while feeding them dogma that those same facts disprove, you are an unfit parent and are damaging your children's future potential.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2023-04-24 at 02:39 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you admit you supporting leaving children ignorant of information to cling to lies. And I don't use the term lies lightly. If your views require you ignore facts, then they aren't true by any stretch and factually is already proven wrong even as a theory.
    I do not agree or see it that way.

If your views require you to keep your children ignorant of facts to have them, your views are worthless, devalue your own children's future by believing them.
    When it comes your views, your private school is no longer a school it is cult indoctrination as you are denying them education to support lies that education would disprove.
    I'm betting the parents in Texas who want prayer and the 10 commandments feel the same way.

Not sure how well that mashes above where you just said you have no issues with denying children knowledge based on the leanings of the parents.
    No, I didn't I said clearly I don't agree with your views on how other peoples children ought to be taught, as long as evolution part of a basic science course is taught, then NO, you don't get to decide what you prefer they accept.

Depends on which parent you speak with, what state they are in and so on.
    Unfortunately that can be true.

Let me get this straight, you support teaching a scientific theory with evidence behind it but putting a faith based hypothesis with zero evidence behind it on the same level? If so, you are supporting raising morons for children. They should never be taught as equals until creationism actually has some scientific evidence to back it up.
    As long as kids are passing basic bench marks and it it taught, that's all that should be required for basic education.

People teaching faith and alternatives is fine and NOT HARM.

Glad to hear. But doesn't really mash well with how you already decided that parents can avoid teaching their kids other things strategically to match their views. This just seems to be something that you are against as well so you want it taught correctly.
    You shouldn't be given any right to decide what others peoples kids are taught apart from their parents and you sure as hell shouldn't be given any kind of authority. My position on vaccines not with standing.

It wasn't about framing, it was about teaching the actual truth of things. Basic history is just "What makes us feel good" its also the parts that show where we screwed up.
    Whether I agree or disagree here, the basic accredited standard here is fine.

When you say they have the right to refuse the framing of the civil rights era, that translates to having the right to give their kids revisionist history of the past that omits the parts they don't like.

Learning that it wasn't some graceful accent to equal rights for women and minorities and there was massive and many times bloody backsliding over it where many of the monuments to the confederacy wasn't even made any time near them but in response to those civil rights isn't teaching them a skewed framing, that is teaching the history as what actually happened.
    Again same as above, whether I like it or not how people decide to educate their kids and frame it doesn't equate to HARM unless history as a basic knowledge of what did happen isn't taught.

Not the why it happened and other philosophical arguments about after. The face it's taught and understood, then demonstrated as understanding specifically and objectively on a test is all I would require and agree to.

Sounds like you don't want to teach your kid American history, you want them to learn American mythology, even if the world they was taught about was so cherry picked that it never actually existed as they envision it because all the bad things about it were omitted from their knowledge of it.
    Again different of perspectives

You aren't trying to teach your kids to be intelligent individuals capable of critical thinking as you make to sure strategically create gaps in their knowledge so you can insert lies into those spaces to match the bias you wish to portray.
    Incorrect I teach them the values I feel they should have with their family me and their mother and given them the freedom to decide as they become adults. Not critically thinking is some random and general society given or pushing nonsense non values and going along because someone thinks being aimless is cool

Yeah, NO!

Saying you are sticking to the Standard doesn't absolve you of that when you still admit to refusing them knowledge based on the whims of others faith so they can feed them something that actually contradicts the facts.

So, I fall back to my previous stance, if you believe that omitting facts from your kids education while feeding them dogma that those same facts disprove, you are an unfit parent and are damaging your children's future potential.
    Again your opinion and freedom of religion in the constitution guarantees. Ideas you don't agree with being taught to kids that aren't yours and you are ultimately responsible for.

Again this is another one of those I am not buying this has anything to do with the children and more to do with pushing ideological beliefs. If the basic standard is met for education then a child being taught religious or not in line with the values of their parents is protected and should be.

Just as the parents at a public school saying we don't want the 10 commandments or prayer taught in school. Which is those parents rights.

@Doctor Amadeus

Let me pose this question.

Do you feel that dogma and faith that is contradicted by facts and evidence should be allowed to be preached at a school, public or private?

If you stand against that, then you will have some major work reconciling what you have already said as you have said you have no issues preaching faith that has no evidence as being equally valid as science that has evidence. Also, how do you handle the logical issue of parents refusing to allow their children to learn something at school at all with the express purpose of their families teaching them lies at home that those facts would contradict?

And if you support it, then you admit that you support schools not actually being schools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again your opinion and freedom of religion in the constitution guarantees. Ideas you don't agree with being taught to kids that aren't yours and you are ultimately responsible for.
    Again, this remains objectively false. You can't teach your kids that killing blacks is fine because blacks aren't even people, for instance. That kind of stuff can and will lose you custody. Also teaching your kids that letting Uncle Willie stick his weiner in their butt is okay is, well, super not okay.

Parents are not the ones who get to decide this. The State does. Parents can teach kids their personal values within State-set limitations. Parents who disagree with this are the ones who get tased by the sheriff for trying to fight CPS when CPS comes to save their kids from them.

Just as the parents at a public school saying we don't want the 10 commandments or prayer taught in school. Which is those parents rights.
    You continue to have no basic comprehension of why the Ten Commandments being displayed in a public school is a problem. It has nothing to do with the values on that list.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Doctor Amadeus

Let me pose this question.

Do you feel that dogma and faith that is contradicted by facts and evidence should be allowed to be preached at a school, public or private?

If you stand against that, then you will have some major work reconciling what you have already said as you have said you have no issues preaching faith that has no evidence as being equally valid as science that has evidence. Also, how do you handle the logical issue of parents refusing to allow their children to learn something at school at all with the express purpose of their families teaching them lies at home that those facts would contradict?

And if you support it, then you admit that you support schools not actually being schools.
    Yes. And you’re free to your opinion. I’m not advocating what everyone else’s kids must be taught you don’t like.

You are trying to push and these Texas parents are pushing back. This is why they’ll continue to fight and win and gain more vocal support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. And you’re free to your opinion. I’m not advocating what everyone else’s kids must be taught you don’t like.

You are trying to push and these Texas parents are pushing back. This is why they’ll continue to fight and win and gain more vocal support.
    What is being "pushed" that warrants "pushing back against"?

You keep insisting on speaking in empty vague terms rather than just being clear about what you're trying to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You continue to have no basic comprehension of why the Ten Commandments being displayed in a public school is a problem. It has nothing to do with the values on that list.
    You wouldn't be talking about the ramifications this would have on school staff that don't follow Christianity being forced to deal with it in a government building that is supposed to be excluded from such things would it?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

I do not agree or see it that way.
    If your views contradict the facts, they aren't facts and are already proven to be false. Whether you see it as that or not is irrelevant.

I'm betting the parents in Texas who want prayer and the 10 commandments feel the same way.
    And until those parents in Texas can back their views with facts and evidence, their feelings are just that, feelings and nothing more.

No, I didn't I said clearly I don't agree with your views on how other peoples children ought to be taught, as long as evolution part of a basic science course is taught, then NO, you don't get to decide what you prefer they accept.
    It's not what I accept or you accept, regardless of how much you dislike that. Until your faith can match the rigors of actual scientific evidence, it isn't on equal footing of them in an educational setting.

It isn't what they "Prefer" to accept. Whether their faith says it is creationism or the frigging world turtle is irrelevant here as they aren't scientifically based and aren't on equal footing when it comes to scientific en devours.

Interesting fact, the ignorance you just supported here would have gotten likely hundreds of millions killed over the decades as our entire knowledge of medicine including insulin and vaccines are based on the theory of evolution. If you start teaching kids to ignore science as you just advocated by putting faith on even footing is literally risking lives.

Unfortunately that can be true.
    Which is why we can't base facts on their whims because they all over their own dogmas as you are admitting to here repeatedly. We shouldn't be sugar coating facts or history to placate them and strategically ignoring them while trying to preach faith that is factually disproven or let their parents spread those lies at home without giving the kids access to verifable information is damaging to those children and the nation by extension.

As long as kids are passing basic bench marks and it it taught, that's all that should be required for basic education.

People teaching faith and alternatives is fine and NOT HARM.
    I have already given you multiple examples how that is a lie you just told with how that faith has killed millions just RECENTLY and gave another on this same post above.

You shouldn't be given any right to decide what others peoples kids are taught apart from their parents and you sure as hell shouldn't be given any kind of authority. My position on vaccines not with standing.
    Ah, so you think its perfectly fine for parents to teach their kids that homosexuality is a mental disorder, liberals are devil worshipers, and blacks are subhumans that your god made that way to punish them? Because I have met a few in my life who try to teach their kids just that with the schools and community being the main ones to push back against that.

You really siding with them with such a hamfisted comment as that? If these parents are preaching ignorance that is contradicted by facts then damn right they need to be pushed back on while you are here advocating for intentionally leaving children ignorant of facts to preach dogma that contradicts facts and I have already given you multiple examples of how harmful that is which you keep lying and pretending is harmless.

Whether I agree or disagree here, the basic accredited standard here is fine.
    Which is why I grew up thinking Columbus was some great man until I later learned just how much of a monster that man really way. Because the current history had me learning mythology instead of history. That standard shifts over time.

And standard or not, the moment you start preaching something that is contradicted by facts, you need to be shut down because you are doing damage to your kids future and potentially those around them.

Again same as above, whether I like it or not how people decide to educate their kids and frame it doesn't equate to HARM unless history as a basic knowledge of what did happen isn't taught.

Not the why it happened and other philosophical arguments about after. The face it's taught and understood, then demonstrated as understanding specifically and objectively on a test is all I would require and agree to.

Again different of perspectives
    Actually it does equate to harm when it leads to tangible damage to their futures or the future of others of the ignorance of others causes damage to your children and their futures.

Not arguing philosophy, arguing history. Arguing that many of the civil war monuments wasn't made till the civil rights movement isn't philosophy it's fact. Learning that the only successful coup on US soil happened in North Carolina in the early 1900s (Well after the civil war) where a bunch of whites killed elected black officials and replaced them with white supremacists is historical fact.

Pointing that on top of how bad the great depression was that the federal government and many states intentionally excluded blacks from the programs to help them recover is historical fact and still impact us to this day.

Incorrect I teach them the values I feel they should have with their family me and their mother and given them the freedom to decide as they become adults. Not critically thinking is some random and general society given or pushing nonsense non values and going along because someone thinks being aimless is cool

Yeah, NO!
    Critical thinking is literally teaching them on how to think for themselves and take evidence and facts into account.

Not teaching your kids critical thinking is you raising your kids to be morons who are easily played for fools because they lack the skills to figure things out for themselves and instead have to rely on others to spoon feed them information and what they should feel.

Again this is another one of those I am not buying this has anything to do with the children and more to do with pushing ideological beliefs. If the basic standard is met for education then a child being taught religious or not in line with the values of their parents is protected and should be.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, no one is entitled to their own facts. This is something you are trying to change with your views where you can pretend facts don't apply when you don't like them.

All you keep reinforcing with each of your responses is that your feelings are more important to you than your families future as you have zero issues with denying them information so you can feed them faith that contradicts it all while pretending the damage caused by your children's lack of education when practiced on a large scale doesn't exist despite all the evidence to the contrary all to make yourself feel better now.

A good parent puts his children before himself, even if he has to take a loss, hurt his feelings and re-evaluate his beliefs.
    A bad parent puts his feelings and his religion ahead of his family even if it causes damage to his family and the world around him just so long as the man gets what he wants.

- - - Updated - - -

So you just admit that you have no issues with keeping children ignorant of facts so you can lie to them even at the expense of their lives and future.

You have just admitted you are an unfit parent and a danger to your own children, same as many other parents.

You can now sit beside the parents who killed their kids denying them vaccines or trying to pray away their illnesses.
    You can now sit beside the vegan parents who starved their baby to death trying to force him onto a diet his body couldn't handle.

Edit: Off to bed.

I know I am hitting close to the edge of rules and maybe even crossing them. But to any moderator who wants to get onto me for anything I have said. All I have to ask them, am I factually wrong in anything I just said?
    Last edited by Fugus; 2023-04-24 at 03:42 AM.

Bro needs to get off Facebook where he's insulated from actually having to prove his work.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your views contradict the facts, they aren't facts and are already proven to be false. Whether you see it as that or not is irrelevant.

And until those parents in Texas can back their views with facts and evidence, their feelings are just that, feelings and nothing more.

It's not what I accept or you accept, regardless of how much you dislike that. Until your faith can match the rigors of actual scientific evidence, it isn't on equal footing of them in an educational setting.

It isn't what they "Prefer" to accept. Whether their faith says it is creationism or the frigging world turtle is irrelevant here as they aren't scientifically based and aren't on equal footing when it comes to scientific en devours.

Interesting fact, the ignorance you just supported here would have gotten likely hundreds of millions killed over the decades as our entire knowledge of medicine including insulin and vaccines are based on the theory of evolution. If you start teaching kids to ignore science as you just advocated by putting faith on even footing is literally risking lives.

Which is why we can't base facts on their whims because they all over their own dogmas as you are admitting to here repeatedly. We shouldn't be sugar coating facts or history to placate them and strategically ignoring them while trying to preach faith that is factually disproven or let their parents spread those lies at home without giving the kids access to verifable information is damaging to those children and the nation by extension.

I have already given you multiple examples how that is a lie you just told with how that faith has killed millions just RECENTLY and gave another on this same post above.

Ah, so you think its perfectly fine for parents to teach their kids that homosexuality is a mental disorder, liberals are devil worshipers, and blacks are subhumans that your god made that way to punish them? Because I have met a few in my life who try to teach their kids just that with the schools and community being the main ones to push back against that.

You really siding with them with such a hamfisted comment as that? If these parents are preaching ignorance that is contradicted by facts then damn right they need to be pushed back on while you are here advocating for intentionally leaving children ignorant of facts to preach dogma that contradicts facts and I have already given you multiple examples of how harmful that is which you keep lying and pretending is harmless.

Which is why I grew up thinking Columbus was some great man until I later learned just how much of a monster that man really way. Because the current history had me learning mythology instead of history. That standard shifts over time.

And standard or not, the moment you start preaching something that is contradicted by facts, you need to be shut down because you are doing damage to your kids future and potentially those around them.

Actually it does equate to harm when it leads to tangible damage to their futures or the future of others of the ignorance of others causes damage to your children and their futures.

Not arguing philosophy, arguing history. Arguing that many of the civil war monuments wasn't made till the civil rights movement isn't philosophy it's fact. Learning that the only successful coup on US soil happened in North Carolina in the early 1900s (Well after the civil war) where a bunch of whites killed elected black officials and replaced them with white supremacists is historical fact.

Pointing that on top of how bad the great depression was that the federal government and many states intentionally excluded blacks from the programs to help them record is historical fact and still impact us to this day.

Critical thinking is literally teaching educating them on how to think for themselves and take evidence and facts into account.

Not teaching your kids critical thinking is you raising your kids to be morons who are easily played for fools because they lack the skills to figure things out for themselves and instead have to rely on others to spoon feed them information and what they should feel.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, no one is entitled to their own facts. This is something you are trying to change with your views where you can pretend facts don't apply when you don't like them.

All you keep reinforcing with each of your responses is that your feelings are more important to you than your families future as you have zero issues with denying them information so you can feed them faith that contradicts it all while pretending the damage caused by your children's lack of education when practiced on a large scale doesn't exist despite all the evidence to the contrary all to make yourself feel better now.

A good parent puts his children before himself, even if he has to take a loss, hurt his feelings and re-evaluate his beliefs.
    A bad parent puts his feelings and his religion ahead of his family even if it causes damage to his family and the world around him just so long as the man gets what he wants.

- - - Updated - - -

So you just admit that you have no issues with keeping children ignorant of facts so you can lie to them even at the expense of their lives and future.

You have just admitted you are an unfit parent and a danger to your own children, same as many other parents.

You can now sit beside the parents who killed their kids denying them vaccines or trying to pray away their illnesses.
    You can now sit beside the vegan parents who starved their baby to death trying to force him onto a diet his body couldn't handle.
    Well again I’m not going into forbidden topics or debating my faith or religion with you. And if it’s conflict you seek with these parents that’s on you. I’ve stated my opinion. Have a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    I kinda feel bad for your kids. Maybe stop trying to hoard "ownership" over your kids. You're their stewards. Their chaperones. Their guidance. THEY ARE NOT YOUR DUPLICATE.
    You should feel bad. His "wife" is a scientologist.

Paints this in a different light, huh?

Well again I’m not going into forbidden topics or debating my faith or religion with you. And if it’s conflict you seek with these parents that’s on you. I’ve stated my opinion. Have a day.
    I see you like to dodge stuff you don't like. Reminds me of MoonEye back in the day.

You have already successfully proven yourself. I am off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

So his family is part of a Cult? Explains quite a bit actually.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

That explains a lot. Between that and what he just shown up here. If he has kids, I truly feel sorry for them and just how much damage they will have to overcome as they get older both from a professional standpoint and a social one, they will be extremely damaged.