7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    I am honestly curious why you even watch Marvel movies let alone pay to go see one at this point.
    While the last marvel movies were, without doubt, bad to average, whats the problem in expecting something different with guardians? Its one of the fell movies the humor would not be a problem(and it was in the last movies), and its a closure to their own trilogy, with characters people already knew.

He didn't even shit on the movie, just said it was average, guess if you don't say everything is excellent everyone will bitch about it

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    While the last marvel movies were, without doubt, bad to average, whats the problem in expecting something different with guardians? Its one of the fell movies the humor would not be a problem(and it was in the last movies), and its a closure to their own trilogy, with characters people already knew.

He didn't even shit on the movie, just said it was average, guess if you don't say everything is excellent everyone will bitch about it
    Taken into context of either of you guys saying it... calling any MCU movie "average" is actually high praise.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Guardians was one if my late wife's favorite movies. Mine too. One if the last movies we saw together before she was killed..
    The first guardians movie was the last movie i got to see with my mom before she died of cancer.

im planning on seeing it on monday so its gonna be bittersweet to see the end of the trilogy
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Taken into context of either of you guys saying it... calling any MCU movie "average" is actually high praise.
    I don't know if tis average, good or bad yet. I Didn't watch.

I will say that some reviews talking about the pointless appearence of Adam Warlock bothers me, because i was looking forward to it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

I will say that some reviews talking about the pointless appearence of Adam Warlock bothers me, because i was looking forward to it.
    this is where you shouldn't have read anything about the movie going in. Now you're going in with a very closed mindset about that character, as opposed to an open one.

Yes, I wasn't suggesting that you had seen it. I was just saying that an "average" rating for an MCU movie from either of you is like a 5 star rating from anyone else.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    this is where you shouldn't have read anything about the movie going in. Now you're going in with a very closed mindset about that character, as opposed to an open one.
    Reading about helps me decide if i will spend money going to watch it, because this shit is expensive, so im if going to bother, it need to be a good experience. I do with any movie

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am honestly curious why you even watch Marvel movies let alone pay to go see one at this point.

Did you just wake up, look at your calendar with the big red frowny face on May 5th and say to yourself, “Whelp, time to go shit on another marvel movie on the forums.”
    FFS can we generally stop with this strawman?

He buys his informed opinion and the right to criticise the thing he watched. He doesn't care if that supports Disney.

Also, he can do whatever he wants with his cash. It may directly support Disney financially but that's secondary to him.

Feel free to criticise what he says/posts/links. Not his own motives for doing so.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post

He buys his informed opinion and the right to criticise the thing he watched. He doesn't care if that supports Disney.

Also, he can do whatever he wants with his cash. It may directly support Disney financially but that's secondary to him.

Feel free to criticise what he says/posts/links. Not his own motives for doing so.
    First time reading this thread?

Welcome.

Sorry, no.

What you described is damn near a fucking mental illness. "Guy spends money so that he can troll better on meaningless video game forum." That kind of behavior has every bit of a right to be criticized as anything else; certainly more so than whatever garbage he's spewing out about the obsession of his irrational hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Saw Guardians Volume 3. Loved it. Solid solid 8.5/10. A few odd bits, but on the whole so enjoyable.

One quirk. What happened to Peter's helmet and jet boots? Or did I blink when they were destroyed?
    I think the helmet was destroyed during Endgame no ? Not sure about it.

Just seen GotG vol3. I just loved it, awesome closure to that trilogy. Extremely depressing all along though, and some scenes are a bit WTF, I'm sure the parents who brought their children there will definitely regret this choice...

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    Sorry, no.

What you described is damn near a fucking mental illness. "Guy spends money so that he can troll better on meaningless video game forum." That kind of behavior has every bit of a right to be criticized as anything else; certainly more so than whatever garbage he's spewing out about the obsession of his irrational hatred.
    It's his right. And you're still strawmanning.

- - - Updated - - -

First time reading this thread?

Welcome.
    Of course not.

We know whose side Dystemper is.

Nothing you say will change his mind.

So, if you want to actually achieve something, discuss what he posts not the why.

And that applies to the obnoxious arse above.
    /spit@Blizzard

Reviews are pretty universal that Adam warlock doesn't add anything and they didn't know what to do with the character which isn't surprising when he needed to be set up in a film where you are trying to wrap things up

It's his right. And you're still strawmanning.
    No, but you trying to claim that people saying he doesn't have the right to do it is though.

No one's saying he's not "allowed" to do it. They're just befuddled that he does it, and because he does it, it makes his opinions completely worthless because all he does is do it so that he can claim he has the right to shit on it: Something he would do even if he didn't see it himself. He trolls. Just because he (at least claims) to have seen the material he's trolling about doesn't make it any less trolling.

Him having a "right" to do it doesn't factor in one iota. Just that moderation of this forum has no idea what actual trolling is, and instead uses the term for people are actually flaming. Trolling is saying shit to get people riled up and arguing... and that is 100% what that dude does. In every. single. thread. and every. single. post. he's a part of.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Reviews are pretty universal that Adam warlock doesn't add anything and they didn't know what to do with the character which isn't surprising when he needed to be set up in a film where you are trying to wrap things up
    I mean his introduction kinda makes sense. A competent Adam Warlock would’ve captured Rocket and returned easily, movie over. By the time we see him next I think he’ll be a lot more competent

5+ Year Old Account
    Saw Gotg3, bro wanted to see it...might have been writers strike all along? Meh, just replace them all with that chat ai thingy, nobody would notice a difference...

Biggest complaint, everyone keeps surviving, but they had to kill Floor, the adorable spider bunny..Fuck you movie..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean his introduction kinda makes sense. A competent Adam Warlock would’ve captured Rocket and returned easily, movie over. By the time we see him next I think he’ll be a lot more competent
    It's one of the smart approaches the MCU's taken; origin stories can get boring and with this many characters, an origin story film for each can get tiresome.

So do their origin as a side story in another film, and then you can kick off with an interesting non-origin story using them as a title character, and you're good. If you've got a much more fleshed-out origin story, that's perfect for Disney+ show treatment where you can actually establish a new "feel" rather than using the origin template for a movie yet again. I really liked Shang Chi, for instance, but I probably would've liked it a lot more in Phase 1, rather than Phase 4 where we'd had essentially that base structure at least a half-dozen times by then, complete with a bad guy being a mirror to the good guy (at least in Shang Chi, it was a father/son deal and made more sense).

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's one of the smart approaches the MCU's taken; origin stories can get boring and with this many characters, an origin story film for each can get tiresome.

So do their origin as a side story in another film, and then you can kick off with an interesting non-origin story using them as a title character, and you're good. If you've got a much more fleshed-out origin story, that's perfect for Disney+ show treatment where you can actually establish a new "feel" rather than using the origin template for a movie yet again. I really liked Shang Chi, for instance, but I probably would've liked it a lot more in Phase 1, rather than Phase 4 where we'd had essentially that base structure at least a half-dozen times by then, complete with a bad guy being a mirror to the good guy (at least in Shang Chi, it was a father/son deal and made more sense).
    To be fair. GotG3 was basically an origin story lol.

Saw it tonight and absolutely loved it. Got very emotional at about the halfway point which resulted in emotions running high through the whole second half.

I really hope we get a GotG4.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I really hope we get a GotG4.
    Unlikely. Half the cast is calling it quits and Gunn is done. Never say never, of course, but if they do make a fourth it would likely have to be recast and with a different director--so it wouldn't really be the same. I haven't seen 3 yet and won't be able to until it's streaming, but if it's a satisfying story I'll be content with probably the best trilogy in the MCU.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    No, but you trying to claim that people saying he doesn't have the right to do it is though.

No one's saying he's not "allowed" to do it. They're just befuddled that he does it, and because he does it, it makes his opinions completely worthless because all he does is do it so that he can claim he has the right to shit on it: Something he would do even if he didn't see it himself. He trolls. Just because he (at least claims) to have seen the material he's trolling about doesn't make it any less trolling.

Him having a "right" to do it doesn't factor in one iota. Just that moderation of this forum has no idea what actual trolling is, and instead uses the term for people are actually flaming. Trolling is saying shit to get people riled up and arguing... and that is 100% what that dude does. In every. single. thread. and every. single. post. he's a part of.
    Yet again, strawmanning.

Discuss the opinions themselves. Anything else is an ad hominem, like your post above.
    /spit@Blizzard