Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I'm more thinking of it like "now someone else is getting their performance buffed and I don't have a pocket evoker of my own so I get to watch as someone ELSE get pushed to #1. The more the performance is solely down to the player, the happier I am.
    WoW modders who make damage meters will have to do what the FFXIV and GW2 meter modders did and count a raider's buffed damage as part of the buffing Evoker's parse. The actual parse of the buffed player will remain the same whether they were buffed by an Evoker or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Okay, but why is this not ready now? The raid is live now. What are we waiting for? Further, why did we not see this until the raid went live today? Also we're no longer in PTR, 10.1 is live, so why would we have 10.1.5 content floating around in a live patch and not in the 10.1.5 PTR coming soon?

I would also add that Ion stated that Evokers might be interested in what Sarkareth leaves for them at the end of Aberrus. Yet the loot tables still don't have anything exclusive to the Evoker class.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not seeing the relevance of a ten-year old thread that was made before the advent of two spec classes.

Thanks for sharing I guess?
    Well, you were right and I was wrong, sorry.
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    No we are not getting a new spec. Blizzard even said so, and there’s nothing else even hinting at a new spec in the files. No spells datamined, no new spec strings, nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    same as demon hunter got a new spec
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    No. And they never will. Unless other classes get new specs as well.

Evokers are the ranged counterparts to DHs. Together they make a full druid in terms of specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    classic wowhead clickbait
    Only bothered to look at the first page and do this, but these are some of the comments that aged like fine wine

I've been playing since Vanilla before BWL came out. Usually I could assume what Blizzard would do but Blizzard today isn't the same as Blizzard in the last 5ish years or 15ish years. I'm done trying to assume what they will and will not do because a LOT of what they've done since DF came out to now are things you'd have laughed at in previous years. You wouldn't have expected them to make certain changes or make them as swift as they are currently doing.

Times change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    snip
    Just accept the class is not going to be a tank, they have made it very clear they would not make the class into a tank, there is already too many tank options, the options we have least and ranged magic casters, and thats what they are focussed on, there will 100% not be a 4th spec, DH is more likely to get a 3rd spec than any other class getting another.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Man, I'm so stoked about the new spec! I thought for sure it would veer off in a different direction somehow (monkey paw wish), but it is exactly what I hoped it would be: black dragons doing damage and using in-combat buffs. The bronze stuff works too, since preservation isn't an offensive spec. Time to celebrate!

Agreed, and that's what makes this entire thing so on the nose, because this content is allegedly being released doing the season where the storyline revolves around the black dragonflight, Netharion, the history of the Dracthyr, and Aberrus.
    Looks like we were right and that they purposefully 'hid' the third specialization as a reveal later. It's a support oriented DPS as well, which is really cool. I hope we get a support oriented tank and healer eventually too - whatever forms that may take or be altered with the current roster of classes.

Also 3rd DH specialization when. Amgy.

I was wondering what happened to this thread I tried finding it earlier today because I was curious to see all the people who poopoo’d the idea of a third spec eating crow.

And yet they now have a third spec with black dragon essence.

Because it was. Clearly with the Evoker class getting a third spec, they were not "fine" without their missing specialization. The story was leading up to this conclusion the entire time.
    Teriz, you deserve all the cookies for remaining strong and fervent despite all the naysayers.

Honestly I hope this opens the way for Demon Hunter to get a 3rd spec + other classes to get a 4th spec. There's design room to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It doesn't change the fact that the thread was created based on conjecture and speculation. What, are you a sore winner now?

I'm sorry, but you can't dismiss someone's argument that is "based on conjecture" when your thread's entire premise is speculation.

Except... they were. Again, they were still just as capable, and we never seen even a single dracthyr who was suffering because of lack of black dragon essence.

Which until this morning it was nothing but conjecture. Which is the point I'm trying to get across to you.
    Just take the L and stop being a sore loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Only bothered to look at the first page and do this, but these are some of the comments that aged like fine wine
    I don't think you've used that correctly...

And I admit, I never thought we would see support specs in WoW again. And I hope they are a success and we see other classes get one in the next expansion.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2023-05-12 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    I've been playing since Vanilla before BWL came out. Usually I could assume what Blizzard would do but Blizzard today isn't the same as Blizzard in the last 5ish years or 15ish years. I'm done trying to assume what they will and will not do because a LOT of what they've done since DF came out to now are things you'd have laughed at in previous years. You wouldn't have expected them to make certain changes or make them as swift as they are currently doing.

Times change.
    Yep Blizzard started to be unpredictable and I found it more exciting to speculate, even I wouldn't support every of their new design. I remember when I didn't believe in Demon Hunters being a full class at all, because " it's mix of rogue and warlock" lol

Quote Originally Posted by LionSinMaikeru View Post
    Just take the L and stop being a sore loser.
    I'm not a sore loser and if there's anyone being a 'sore' anything, it's not me, considering I wasn't the one dismissing speculation for being speculation in a thread which its entire premise is speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Looks like we were right and that they purposefully 'hid' the third specialization as a reveal later. It's a support oriented DPS as well, which is really cool. I hope we get a support oriented tank and healer eventually too - whatever forms that may take or be altered with the current roster of classes.
    Gotta hand it to Blizzard for turning what we thought the Black dragonflight symbolized on its head. I really thought it was going to be a tank spec until we got the Neltharion voice lines.

Also 3rd DH specialization when. Amgy.
    Unlike Evokers, Blizzard has never seemed too keen on a DH third spec.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2023-05-12 at 10:38 AM.

That said, you were correct that another Evoker DPS spec could be interesting if properly developed. Good work!
    I also called that it'd be a ranged DPS that'd do its full DPS by buffing others, as well as copying some of their damage, as well as having utility buffs that last a longer duration but are weaker to differentiate from other classes' utility buffs. I basically pretty much nailed it, but hey who's counting.

You'd really benefit from being more open to discussion. These threads would be less about telling you you're wrong if you weren't so vehement about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I also called that it'd be a ranged DPS that'd do its full DPS by buffing others, as well as copying some of their damage, as well as having utility buffs that last a longer duration but are weaker to differentiate from other classes' utility buffs. I basically pretty much nailed it, but hey who's counting.

You'd really benefit from being more open to discussion. These threads would be less about telling you you're wrong if you weren't so vehement about it.
    We had an open discussion. Us disagreeing on specs doesn't mean you didn't have a space to air what you believed. Further if you had stuck around longer instead of getting huffy, you would have seen that towards the end I agreed with your spec assessment.

Also comments like this;

He will, this is the way he always argues - twist shit to fit his narrative and go super wild on the stretchy reach. Tinker was exactly the same lunacy.
    Read the thread a bit and you'll find out [Teriz] doesn't have any clue about any class.
    Don't really foster an open discussion.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2023-05-12 at 11:14 AM.

I feel that this spec might be exactly what my guild needs.
    Like they have trouble reaching the necessary DPS in some cases.
    Hopefully now I can help them. (In normal)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Man, I'm so stoked about the new spec! I thought for sure it would veer off in a different direction somehow (monkey paw wish), but it is exactly what I hoped it would be: black dragons doing damage and using in-combat buffs. The bronze stuff works too, since preservation isn't an offensive spec. Time to celebrate!

It truly is. It's a shame that so many in the community are complaining about this either because it isn't a tank spec or because they believe that a more supportive DPS is going to destroy the game's balance. I wanted a tank spec as well, but I wanted a 3rd Evoker spec more than anything else. I have that now, and I couldn't be more pleased. Sad how cynical this fanbase has become.

Outside of that, yeah, I love the fact that they attached more bronze magic to this spec. I'm not a big fan of healing, but I absolutely love the Bronze spells of the preservation spec. A DPS spec being half Bronze is ::chef's kiss::

The thing is, for the flight to truly go in a new direction, it needs a new leader. Wrathion and Sabby can't do it because they're too impulsive and immature. Ebyssian doesn't want it, and Emberthal isn't a black dragon. So who's left to lead the new black dragonflight?

Adamanthia.

This (IMO) is what leads us to Adamanthia being freed by Ebyssian, because I believe that Ebyssian's goal is to free Adamanthia to make her the new black dragon aspect.

Which btw is the "new specialization" quest chain from PTR 10.1.

Adamanthia is seen as a motherly figure and protector of the Dracthyr. I have little doubt that Emberthal will follow her when/if she becomes the new aspect because she really is a rather large departure from Neltharion, Nefarian, and even Onyxia, Sinestra, Wrathion, and Sabelion. From her writings, she's more in line with Ebyssian, who Emberthal seems to like very much.
    This is an old comment, but ripperoni your Adamanthia speculation -> https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...19788155977729
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    This is an old comment, but ripperoni your Adamanthia speculation -> https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...19788155977729
    Yeah, I saw that. A little disappointed, but I hope they do something with Adamanthia where she sticks around going forward. An ancient black dragon who knew Neltharion, and isn't evil or bat-shit crazy would be cool to have in the game.

Yeah, I saw that. A little disappointed, but I hope they do something with Adamanthia where she sticks around going forward. An ancient black dragon who knew Neltharion, and isn't bat-shit crazy would be cool to have in the game.
    Portergauge said in another tweet that she does stick around, so you're in luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Portergauge said in another tweet that she does stick around, so you're in luck!
    Ah, good to hear! I'm looking forward to seeing her interaction with the Dracthyr, since she is supposedly like a mother to them.

Also; Prevoker, Devoker, and now Augvoker?

Nice job Blizzard.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2023-05-12 at 12:45 PM.