Poll: Who did you want as the Black Dragon Aspect?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Wrathion is the only one who can resist whispers. Also he is the reason why Ebyssian isn't corrupted,lol. At least Wrathion didn't hide in a cave for years.
    Lol wrathian cannot resist whispers, we literally see him being effected by them in the patch.
    Also he didn't hide. But he fucked up countless times and is so extremely full of himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It should be Sabellian, but Ebyssian does have the niche benefit of being the only Horde-adjacent aspect and the only tauren associated character to accomplish anything in 20 years, so there's that. His greatest benefit is that it's not yet another story of the spunky young hero proving all the inept elders wrong and that he's inoffensive while both Sabellian and especially Wrathion are fleshed out to keep participating in stories. The greatest downside is that the dude has no edge and that while Sabellian or Wrathion can bounce off the other aspects, Ebyssian is yet another stoic archetype. Man needs an edge, but won't get it. Not saying he should chow down on a baby, but a nibble would go a long way.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2023-05-13 at 05:36 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Wrathion can compete with two elders and he's just a baby. Imagine him when he gets to their age. People don't like his past decisions and personality but he has a ridiculous amount of potential.
    Potential to be literally just like his grand father.
    Which is why he is not suited to be the aspect.
    Both him and sabellian for one reason or another show the weaknesses that neltharion had that led to his downfall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Wrathion was 100% going to be the leader, no doubt, I do not like the character at all bear in mind, but the start of Dragonflight where the Evokers escape and he gets a rock smacked against his head in the cinematic actually gave him brain damage, and he is now a prancing accident prone idiot.
    Lol what the fuck? He is NOW an acident prone idiot? Did you play mop, or wod?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I spent the entirety of MoP working for Wrathion, getting invested in his character and carrying out his plans to save Azeroth. It would be very disappointing if he didn't become the new Black Dragon aspect, and instead that role went to some random guy who showed up out of nowhere in the last 5 minutes of a Legion zone questline, then had a cameo in BFA, and then only just showed up again in the story 2 months ago.

This doesn't make much sense from a marketing perspective either. One character has dozens of fanarts, the other does not. That isn't to say that the most popular character should always become leader (Vol'jin being killed off to make way for Sylvanas was bad, plain and simple) but in this case the obvious choice is probably the right one and most likely to satisfy the most amount of people.
    His plans to save azeorth which included.

Genociding half the world's population.
    Letting a war criminal and mad infinite dragon raise an infinite army.
    Corrupt a warden to the Legion for... Some reason?
    Have sergent Taylor's garrison raided for... Some reason?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It was always pretty much guaranteed he would NOT get the role, because he's written as cocky and overconfident and full of a feeling of entitlement that he deserves to be the Aspect. That's a big red flag - it doesn't mesh at all with WoW's writing style to have someone be so cocksure and then actually get rewarded for it (which is different from someone like that seizing power). So it was clear from the start that it could not by any means be the guy who for the entire expansion has done nothing but cry and moan about how much he is the real heir of Neltharion.

Of course it'll be Ebyssian instead, because he's the wise old guy who wants to keep out of this, and so naturally the reluctant one is going to get the cursed position that drove the old occupant power-mad. That's so deliciously on the nose it fits perfectly with Blizzard's writing style.
    Dude was PROUD to be Deathwings "son" that was fucking proof enough. Atleast sabellian was only proud to be Neltharions son. Nevermind the fact wrathion isn't even his son, he's his grandson, he is so full of himself and feels the need to be the center of attention he overplays his importance.

Ebyssian wants to save the flight from what it used to be. What made it what is was under neltharion. He wants to make it new, make it whole.
    Sabellian wants to return it to what it was under neltharion, which is not great, but not exactly bad either.
    Wrathion wants to make it what it was under Deathwing. "But better" cause we all know he could totally do that... Uh huh...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

That was the better choice, Ebyssian is by far the most experienced and wisest and most empathetic of the Black Dragons.

Wrathion is far too young and inexperienced, and he's arrogant, reckless and doesn't think too much about the consequences of his actions.

They'll make Ebyssian aspect for all of 2 patches then kill him off in the final patch to still make Wrathion the permanent new fixture.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Have sergent Taylor's garrison raided for... Some reason?
    Admiral Taylor's garrison was turned from within, by the guy Wrathion told Taylor not to trust.

Given the reputation grind in 10.0 this is just a middle finger to the players just for the sake of SuBvErTiNg tHe ExPeCtAtIoNs. Especially since Ebyssian may have been somewhat involved in Highmountain issues, but his achievements to the Black Dragonflight border on non-existent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Potential to be literally just like his grand father.
    Which is why he is not suited to be the aspect.
    Both him and sabellian for one reason or another show the weaknesses that neltharion had that led to his downfall.
    They all suffer that same problem though. Almost as if none of them are completely capable.

They all suffer that same problem though. Almost as if none of them are completely capable.
    Only suturing them together will create the ultimate being.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    If they got turned into a 3 headed dragon they would end up killing each other in like 5 minutes lol.

Wrathion and Sabellion realize that what they want isn't what they need at the end of this Abberus raid. Sabellion acknowledges that the legacy he has wanted to resurrect doesn't exist in the way he had envisioned. So he has a lot to think about as well as a ton of soul-searching to do. Wrathion is realizing that the lengths he has gone to mirror his own pet project that ended up going off the rails. By Alexstrasza's beard I'm becoming Garrosh, I have got to rethink my life. He is going to need a bath, fifty gallons of scented oils, and enough ale to drown a mammoth. Ebyssian will probably only hold onto the title of Aspect until those two get their shit together and become dual Aspects.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Nefarian was on the right track all along?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Ebyssian is hardly the worst option, and I don't mind him at all. However, I would vastly have preferred either Sabellian or Wrathion since they are a tad more inclined to generate conflict. Although the latter is often a remarkably destructive twit, both have been portrayed as competent in the past—Sabellian in Dragonflight in connection to his capacity as a leader for the Black Dragonflight, and Wrathion in BfA in connection to his capacity to actually defend Azeroth like an Aspect should—and I think the only distinction is that they'd add a tad bit of personality to the otherwise-overwhelming black hole of characterization that is the current gaggle of Dragon Aspects. Still, Ebyssian is far more interesting than any of the other Dragon Aspects, which makes him shockingly tolerable, and he's not done anything to make me hate him as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    It's also somewhat refreshing to have a dragon leader where it doesn't feel contrived that they don't murder horde members on sight.
    The Doylist benefit to the faction dichotomy is difficult to overstate. It'll be nice to see, for sure.

Man needs an edge, but won't get it. Not saying he should chow down on a baby, but a nibble would go a long way.
    I could also see some room to add a utilitarian edge to his decision-making processes from his history as a spiritual elder of a tribal society. He is also still by default the most interesting of any of the current set of Dragon Aspects (behind maybe Nozdormu, and he's hardly been portrayed in an interesting fashion throughout this expansion) simply on account of having something of a defined personality, even if the aforementioned personality is the most generic incarnation of a wise tribal spiritual leader I've ever seen.

Still, it's difficult to overstate how much more potential Wrathion and Sabellian had compared to him on account of both having more of the aforementioned edge which is sorely lacking among the population of Dragon Aspects. None of the current set is conducive to any kind of conflict, which is a shame, because a set of far more utilitarian and harsh but nevertheless benevolent authority figures could be nice to have.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-05-13 at 11:12 AM.

Pretty sure as long as Wrathion identifies as the black dragon aspect that's all that matters?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean this patch made it obvious. With dad Ebyssian trying to make the kids play nice every quest.

And I agree that Wrathion, of all things, should not even be in the running. Sabellian at least has actual claim being both a leader of the only actual surviving Black flight and having age and experience behind him.

Ebyssian is not the most obvious pick, but I guess not destroying the world twice with some harebrained schemes is already putting him ahead of Wrathion in that race.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This has been discussed and mentioned multiple times already in the other 2 threads..

- - - Updated - - -

The ability is called black dragon aspect and guess which black dragon has a nose ring.
    It's pretty obvious.
    Ebonhorn has a nose ring

They've been pushing Ebyssian as supposedly the wiser more experienced leader but he's really not.

Sabellian has been leading his people's survival in Blades edge.

Wrathion has continually tried to save the world, got rid of the old god corruption to save his flight, and put an end to N'Zoth.

Ebyssian.... fucked off and hid under a mountain for 10,000 years. I get why he's important to Highmountain tribes, but he's spent thousands of years not caring at all about the rest of the world or the other dragons and happily isolated from all of the threats that the other aspects have been fighting against.

Sure Ebyssian is older, but he's been living under a rock this whole time. Literally.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2023-05-13 at 12:25 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion can compete with two elders and he's just a baby. Imagine him when he gets to their age. People don't like his past decisions and personality but he has a ridiculous amount of potential.
    Wrathion will be our beloven Deathwing 2.0, claiming his destiny since Mists of Pandaria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I could also see some room to add a utilitarian edge to his decision-making processes from his history as a spiritual elder of a tribal society. He is also still by default the most interesting of any of the current set of Dragon Aspects (behind maybe Nozdormu, and he's hardly been portrayed in an interesting fashion throughout this expansion) simply on account of having something of a defined personality, even if the aforementioned personality is the most generic incarnation of a wise tribal spiritual leader I've ever seen.

Still, it's difficult to overstate how much more potential Wrathion and Sabellian had compared to him on account of both having more of the aforementioned edge which is sorely lacking among the population of Dragon Aspects. None of the current set is conducive to any kind of conflict, which is a shame, because a set of far more utilitarian and harsh but nevertheless benevolent authority figures could be nice to have.
    Agreed. The thing with Ebyssian that the writers sort of lean into, but not in the way they could have is that the dude is fucking old. He's been the de facto guide of generations of Highmountain chiefs and has had to work with all kinds of mentalities among said chiefs over the years. It's why him going around counseling people mostly works for me, because that has been his skillset the whole time. He's also always been in the superior position relative to these people, short of Huln, on account of being a multi-thousand year old wyrm. He could at any time have done more and no one could really anything to stop him, but his own complex re: Neltharion held him off. When he steps up these last few patches it's with the sentiment that he should've used that wisdom and power to keep those under his charge from fucking themselves over. The available character conflict speaks for itself - he's someone who believes it's his duty to do better, that the example of the past is bunk and that he's basically starting from scratch and who has at all times been the better of anyone he encountered. It opens the way for him to take on a more active, paternalistic role in world affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    They've been pushing Ebyssian as supposedly the wiser more experienced leader but he's really not.

Sabellian has been leading his people's survival in Blades edge.

Wrathion has continually tried to save the world, got rid of the old god corruption to save his flight, and put an end to N'Zoth.

Ebyssian.... fucked off and hid under a mountain for 10,000 years. I get why he's important to Highmountain tribes, but he's spent thousands of years not caring at all about the rest of the world or the other dragons and happily isolated from all of the threats that the other aspects have been fighting against.

Sure Ebyssian is older, but he's been living under a rock this whole time. Literally.
    It's weird because he's spent his years being an advisor to the leader. So why wouldn't they just keep him in that role?