Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I want some improvements on (character) friend list so that it shows if the people are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    When I see comments like this, I can't help but feel like you are intentionally missing the point.

TBC deprecated all the old content and changed the level cap. It didn't just add new things.
    But adding raids with new more powerful gear continuously will inevitably deprecate the old content. The only difference to TBC is that you don't actually need to go through leveling but you are still, more slowly i'll admit, levelling up through gear.

This might blow up in their face. But either way, it will be fun to watch. Imagine wanting to do content that is so easy, that you know you can never die. Imagine being a tank and a healer lags or has an emergency AFK and you die. This is going to create SOOOO much drama and toxic behavior from folks. lol. The elitest trolls might love it, just hope they love leveling over, and over, and over, and over.

Think of folks using lag switches to blame " lag " on dying, and getting their character restored. Or worse, cheating to kill others and never dying. It's happened in MMOs before and happens regularly in FPS games.

Hardcore WoW is a meme spread by streamers looking for new content, and bored Classic Andys and retail refugees alike looking for a way to reignite that old spark. The novelty of it will soon wear off. Either you'll repeat low level areas over and over again until you quit from exasperation, or you'll sink days of your life into a character getting it to max level only to lose it in an unfortunate incident, rendering the character permanently unplayable and all that time wasted. Of course, all time spent on WoW is a sunk cost, but at least in normal gameplay your progress doesn't get wiped because the tank DC'd or you got fucked by respawns.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    But adding raids with new more powerful gear continuously will inevitably deprecate the old content. The only difference to TBC is that you don't actually need to go through leveling but you are still, more slowly i'll admit, levelling up through gear.
    I don't think that they need to keep adding raids with more powerful gear.

And again, TBC did not just add new tiers of power. It deprecated old tiers of power entirely.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Still not get what people expect from classic+. Just more 40 man raids with 1 mechanic per boss? Because if you want more zones/level, thats basically TBC.
    what classic+ is about is to finish some questlines gives us new zones with more lore and story, and new dungeons in classic style not the tbc A-B boring style...new raids are fine but its just a raid.
    What people want is adventures and that is classic +.

TBC is about streamlining things and that is the opposite of what classic is.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    This might blow up in their face. But either way, it will be fun to watch. Imagine wanting to do content that is so easy, that you know you can never die. Imagine being a tank and a healer lags or has an emergency AFK and you die. This is going to create SOOOO much drama and toxic behavior from folks. lol. The elitest trolls might love it, just hope they love leveling over, and over, and over, and over.

Think of folks using lag switches to blame " lag " on dying, and getting their character restored. Or worse, cheating to kill others and never dying. It's happened in MMOs before and happens regularly in FPS games.
    It's apparent that you don't play HC classic. The content is not so easy that you know you can never die, i see people die all the time in HC. Funnily enough most deaths are below 20

And griefers will be dealt with now?

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Hardcore WoW is a meme spread by streamers looking for new content, and bored Classic Andys and retail refugees alike looking for a way to reignite that old spark. The novelty of it will soon wear off. Either you'll repeat low level areas over and over again until you quit from exasperation, or you'll sink days of your life into a character getting it to max level only to lose it in an unfortunate incident, rendering the character permanently unplayable and all that time wasted. Of course, all time spent on WoW is a sunk cost, but at least in normal gameplay your progress doesn't get wiped because the tank DC'd or you got fucked by respawns.
    Hardcore has had a very active community well before it exploded with streamers recently. Speaking as someone who has lost many characters to unfortunate events, I can confidently say I don't think I wasted my time. Each time I've had close calls, memorable moments and have always learned something new. The game feels very different and very dangerous with one life. It lets the heart and soul of WoW shine: Azeroth. It absolutely isn't for everyone and that's ok. I can't wait to participate in the official HC servers

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    1 mechanic per boss
    Any time someone says this, they're just outing themselves as having never actually played vanilla. Even the simplest bosses in MC have 2-3 mechanics to them.

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    It's apparent that you don't play HC classic. The content is not so easy that you know you can never die, i see people die all the time in HC. Funnily enough most deaths are below 20
    People die because they don't know how to play safely, or they're taking chances.

If you really truly do not want to die, it's TRIVIALLY easy not to. It just makes things really slow and really tedious, and so people would rather roll the dice - some more so than others.

There's a staggering amount of bad decision-making behind most HC deaths. There's very few death that you really truly could not have reasonably prevented, like idk unexpectedly falling through the floor because of a bug, or the server crashing, or something like that. Most everything else is people living on the edge and falling off. That's on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grebe View Post
    I hope that they go with a 'soft' HC mode where when you die you can't access your toon in increments of 24h up to a limit of 7 days. If you don't die for 1 week the limit could get lowered by 1 day. This way if you die you still get frustrated but not to the extend of having your toon deleted. Such a system would also incentivize folks to random join dungeons and raids rather than playing it 'safe' by not doing such activities or doing it only with their own friends.
    thats a pointless idea.

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    No, it absolutely is easy. Otherwise, you'd never do HC. Imagine trying to do actual, REAL, progression raiding or dungeons with HC. You can't. Why? Because you can't learn dying to a mechanic that you've never seen before without spending a metric fuck ton of time leveling toons. So Yes, HC classic, is SUPER fucking easy. Stop acting like you're doing something skillful by just not dying while playing a game that's 20 years old, and has had every detail explained on what is meta and what to do. The only difficult part is forcing yourself to level over and over and over again when you die.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Isnt that how things come to be? I find it nice tbh. Im not a hardcore player myself but theres quite alot of people that enjoys the thrill of HC.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, it absolutely is easy. Otherwise, you'd never do HC. Imagine trying to do actual, REAL, progression raiding or dungeons with HC. You can't. Why? Because you can't learn dying to a mechanic that you've never seen before without spending a metric fuck ton of time leveling toons. So Yes, HC classic, is SUPER fucking easy. Stop acting like you're doing something skillful by just not dying while playing a game that's 20 years old, and has had every detail explained on what is meta and what to do. The only difficult part is forcing yourself to level over and over and over again when you die.
    As with any hardcore challenge, it's about paying attention. Sure this challenge looks easy, but that's what invites overconfidence or lapses of attention and that's why hardcore is a thing. It's so easy to get too comfortable or misstep and lose it all. That's why it's fun, that's why people play/watch.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    As with any hardcore challenge, it's about paying attention. Sure this challenge looks easy, but that's what invites overconfidence or lapses of attention and that's why hardcore is a thing. It's so easy to get too comfortable or misstep and lose it all. That's why it's fun, that's why people play/watch.
    I agree with that sentiment. I loved HC on PoE, but could never make it past level 92 because of just the amount of patience needed. But I still didn't pretend it was hard in terms of gameplay, it was about being prepared more than anything.

But in WoW, you could NEVER do progression-style raiding on a HC server unless you knew the content inside and out 100% before ever stepping foot in there. Meaning, if it wasn't easy to clear, which we've seen that vanilla is in fact, dreadfully easy, level 52-55s, naked, clearing MC... Then no one would play this. If you asked if they wanted a HC on live, or a newly released MMO where it's a 40-player raid, it would never work. This server is purely dedicated to elitest pricks who think clearing REALLY easy content, makes them a skilled player. I'm all for it, people should do what they enjoy, just don't pretend you're doing something " hard " when you're not.

A lot of games, no matter how old they are, can't be considered easy in a hardcore mode. Watching hardcore runs on games on youtube isnt the same as doing it yourself.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.