Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

10.1 just seems ok, not grabbing or pulling me in

My daughter and I both play WoW together, I started at launch way back, she started at the tail end of Legion. We both have the same opinion of Dragonflight and 10.1

- Dragonflight in general is a fun and good expansion, especially after Shittylands, which we thought really sucked.
    - DF is cool, and kind of a fresh new beginning sort of for WoW, but feels a bit generic or bland in some ways
    - My daughter and I both LOVED Legion, there seemed to be so much to do in that expansion besides the typical Raid or die stuff, Legion was a grade A+
    - BfA in hindsight wasn't so terrible, we actually liked it, would give it a grade of B- / C+
    - Shadowlands gets a grade of D- from us
    - Dragonflight so far we give a grade of C

But were not sure what it is, but 10.1 seems just ok to us, it's not pulling us in, we're not hooked to it, or feel a strong desire to play it all the time. We were typically playing WoW 5 or 6 nights a week, now it's down to 1 or 2 nights a week, because we're just not digging the game currently, feels a bit generic, repetitive, and kind of boring. The new 10.1 zone area all being underground is ok, but I much prefer skies and out in the open.

Is anyone else not feeling the game lately?

After killing Raz and seeing the first raid, as well as capping all my renowns to max, tackling all the achievements, helping SFD solve Otto etc, I haven't felt the pull to fly around farming 'rares' and 'events' so I haven't been back.

Yeah i gotta say, i still didn't visit the forbidden reach with my main and i really cba to do it. Im having too much fun with hardcore classic, i don't log into retail for some time now.

10.0.5 Forbidden Reach was great for Alt catchup gear, and that's about it, got old pretty quick. Now 10.1 we were both super pumped for, but after playing it last couple weeks, it just seems kinda meh.

So far, I'm really enjoying the raid. The new zone is fine, just fine. It's not amazing, it's not terrible. It's a decent time spender to farm rep with Loamm and flightstones, but it doesn't get me super excited.

The raid, though, feels amazing so far. We're currently 4/9 heroic, for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    So far, I'm really enjoying the raid. The new zone is fine, just fine. It's not amazing, it's not terrible. It's a decent time spender to farm rep with Loamm and flightstones, but it doesn't get me super excited.

The raid, though, feels amazing so far. We're currently 4/9 heroic, for reference.
    That's good to hear, regarding Raid. I haven't Raided seriously since Legion days, just don't have the 3 to 4 hours to devote all at once to Raid anymore. Only thing we do in WoW now, is all Campaign content, World Quests, Timewalking dungeons and some low key M+ dungeons up to M+10. And then farm old content for Transmog gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    That's good to hear, regarding Raid. I haven't Raided seriously since Legion days, just don't have the 3 to 4 hours to devote all at once to Raid anymore. Only thing we do in WoW now, is all Campaign content, World Quests, Timewalking dungeons and some low key M+ dungeons up to M+10. And then farm old content for Transmog gear.
    It's a little undertuned, so far, but the boss mechanics are very fun. The ambience is perfect. I think we'll be progressing in Mythic much earlier than on previous tiers, but that's fine. So far, it's a very very fun raid.

But if you don't raid, yeah, I could see this patch being a bit lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    tbh, i dont know why but to me it feels less rewarding than forbiden reach, which is weird as i had better gear, so other than gearing alts i didnt really get any reward there

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    My daughter and I both play WoW together, I started at launch way back, she started at the tail end of Legion. We both have the same opinion of Dragonflight and 10.1

- Dragonflight in general is a fun and good expansion, especially after Shittylands, which we thought really sucked.
    - DF is cool, and kind of a fresh new beginning sort of for WoW, but feels a bit generic or bland in some ways
    - My daughter and I both LOVED Legion, there seemed to be so much to do in that expansion besides the typical Raid or die stuff, Legion was a grade A+
    - BfA in hindsight wasn't so terrible, we actually liked it, would give it a grade of B- / C+

But were not sure what it is, but 10.1 seems just ok to us, it's not pulling us in, we're not hooked to it, or feel a strong desire to play it all the time. We were typically playing WoW 5 or 6 nights a week, now it's down to 1 or 2 nights a week, because we're just not digging the game currently, feels a bit generic, repetitive, and kind of boring. The new 10.1 zone area all being underground is ok, but I much prefer skies and out in the open.

So much stuff to do in Legion? It was basically Raid, M+ and endless AP farm. Especially early on. Legion was so incredibly broken early on but people have largely forgotten because it was fixed by expansions end. World bosses, professions were all awful; hell the set rotation wasn’t even a thing until Nighthold released, maybe even afterwards

The reason you’re giving this a low score is because you’re no longer required to play the game for hours a day because that’s not required anymore. So you feel that something is lacking when in reality this is how it should be. Much like expansions pre Legion
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2023-05-15 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always do love a good ole’ Zorachus thread whining about every content patch not interesting him. Same whining drivel, different number for each expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    tbh, i dont know why but to me it feels less rewarding than forbiden reach, which is weird as i had better gear, so other than gearing alts i didnt really get any reward there
    I have a hard time caring about a race of moles, personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just.. Don't play? Or just play a little bit?

Like geez it's a game, people are here tend to act as if it's something you're supposed to do every day for hours. It's completely fine if you don't like it - just don't play / play as much.
    Hi

I think it's ok to go on a break. Perhaps wait until the end when gearing is easy and in that time, see what Blizzard has for the next expansion.

DF is the same as the rest. Ever since they killed social, every expac is 3/10. Been that way since wrath.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

BfA worst expansion of all times.

I yet haven't return back to dragonflight since last dec 2022... There weren't any good things enjoyable anymore about it. Rinse and repeat This method to that method to there method to dis method to extra steps to extra steps bs. Got tired of it, want something different so i moved onward to different games. Player base has greatly reduced

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Oh man i cannot wait for wod classic, i cannot wait for bfa classic! /sarcasm
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2023-05-15 at 08:41 PM.

I keep watching, but so far nothing has made me want to play DF. I'm happy for the people for whom this is enjoyable, I really am, I just don't think I'd be one of them. I'll keep watching, and keep waiting, but I'm not holding my breath. It's probably okay to grow out of WoW.

People tell me, I am burned out of WoW, it's ok to quit and say thanks for the fun 19 years I've had, and call it a day.

But I disagree, it's not WoW or me that's the problem, it's the lack of a great expansion.

I felt the exact same way during WoD, I hated Draenor, and thought well that's it, WoW is dead to me, and I unsubbed for the first time in my WoW history, then Legion was coming out, and I thought to myself, I don't know maybe I'll try it, see if WoW is still the game for me? LOL I played Legion 6 or 7 nights a week for 2 years straight I LOVED Legion. So it wasn't WoW in general sucking or me growing tired of the game, it was that Warlords of Draenor expansion sucked, and Legion was an AWESOME expansion for me.

My opinion, the last 10+ years, there's only been two fantastic expansions: MoP + Legion, the others have been mediocre to crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I wouldn't say BfA was the worst, it wasn't great either, I would rate it middle of the pack, but for sure better than Sh!ttylands, WoD and Cata.

The lack of a Meta achievement has ruined the enjoyment out of it for me a bit. I really enjoyed completing Nazjatar for example to get the crab. So far there’s enough to do but it’s all a bit disjointed and doesn’t all tie together.

I think my biggest problem with WoW rn is that nothing seems grounded anymore. It's suffering from marvel movie syndrome where every patch takes us to some new unexplored land that introduces new species, enemies, and characters that will only matter for 4-6 months and then are forgotten. The past two expansions have had virtually no characters from previous expansions beyond a few key ones that we see throughout the entire expansion. The dragonscale expedition consists of almost entirely new characters, which imo is a missed opportunity to see how more prominent members of the alliance and horde are interacting with each other in peacetime. Dragonflight has done a great job at expanding dragon lore, but at the same time the culture we are seeing now is virtually unrecognizable to what we dealt with in vanilla.

Of course i like them adding new stuff, but they need to spend time developing things we've already visited.

IMO it is getting very hard to be grounded to the "WORLD" of warcraft when the two most important continents haven't been meaningfully updated in 13 years
    Last edited by Ticj; 2023-05-15 at 11:31 PM.