Poll: Who did you want as the Black Dragon Aspect?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    To be honest, he is the most wise of the 3 to lead them.
    Only because Blizzard shat on Sabellian to make Ebyssian seem smarter. After all Sabellian is too manly, and we can't have father-like figures in "current year" when everyone is supposed to be effeminate and gender-confused while male heroism and stoicism are considered "toxic masculinity".
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2023-05-15 at 11:24 AM.

Already got tired of discussing this topic multiple times

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Only because Blizzard shat on Sabellian to make Ebyssian seem smarter. After all Sabellian is too manly, and we can't have father-like figures in "current year" when everyone is supposed to be effeminate and gender-confused while male heroism and stoicism are considered "toxic masculinity".
    you do your username justice!

Sabellian is too preoccupied with his feud with Wrathion to be an efficient leader.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes, there is only a handful of black talon up until dragonflight.
    A couple, now a handful?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    A couple, now a handful?
    bro if you think 2-5 characters implies are entire army you are clowning.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    To be honest, he is the most wise of the 3 to lead them.
    With the way they were acting in questing and in the raid, I would have thought Wrathion and Sabellian were going to have co-leadership of the Black Dragonflight with Ebyssian having a counselor role like he had been doing with the Highmountain tauren and Emberthal.

I had supported Sabellian because he is actually neutral but this is good too. Ebyssian never acted in the interests of the Horde so he is a voice of reason for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    bro if you think 2-5 characters implies are entire army you are clowning.
    Did I say army? No, I did not.

5+ Year Old Account
    For once I think that writers made the right choice here. An old, "venerable" figure such as Eby feels just right as a leader, instead of the voluble, if not frankly dumb Wrathion boi. After all the massive fkups of the latter, it would have been quite head-scratching if the writers had rewarded him with the leadership of the black Dragonflight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    For once I think that writers made the right choice here. An old, "venerable" figure such as Eby feels just right as a leader, instead of the voluble, if not frankly dumb Wrathion boi. After all the massive fkups of the latter, it would have been quite head-scratching if the writers had rewarded him with the leadership of the black Dragonflight.
    If Wrathion (or now Sabellian) did get the nomination, it would be solely because Ebyssian turned it down pretty directly. He's on record as not wanting to be the Aspect of the Black Dragonflight - but given that the other picks are an immature idiot and an insufferable (and now sociopathic) prick, it would be best for Ebyssian to swallow his doubts and take up the mantle he's obviously the fittest to don.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Wrathion is the only one who can resist whispers. Also he is the reason why Ebyssian isn't corrupted,lol. At least Wrathion didn't hide in a cave for years.
    Wait so wrathion is the reason thar ebyssian is not corrupted? How does that make sense. Ebyssian is older than both wrathion and seb, he was born during the war of the ancients. He was the first uncorrupted black dragon. He was literally born and uncorrupted nearly 10,000 years before wrathion was born.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard writing, I can see Ebyssian becoming the Aspect, then getting unalived in some "heroic" way, just for Wrathion and Sabellian to bitch and moan over who should get it, with Emberthal coming out of nowhere like "I got it, guys" and she becomes the new-new Aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Wait so wrathion is the reason thar ebyssian is not corrupted? How does that make sense. Ebyssian is older than both wrathion and seb, he was born during the war of the ancients. He was the first uncorrupted black dragon. He was literally born and uncorrupted nearly 10,000 years before wrathion was born.
    Ebyssian was cleansed of the species-wide corruption afflicting the Black Dragonflight, but he does not have the inborn Titan-granted immunity to the Old Gods' whispers that Wrathion was born with as a result of the tampering the egg received at Rheastrasza's behest. So when N'Zoth had finally manifested in his full power after being freed by Azshara, Ebyssian was subjected to the whispers once more and ran the risk of corruption. Wrathion had been looking for a way to simulate his own immunity, and by the time of BfA had finally done so - providing that means to Ebyssian, who also became immune to the Old Gods' whispers. Once N'Zoth was defeated and all extant Old Gods were slain, the immediate danger of the corruption was basically over for all black dragons, save those already twisted or corrupted.

Sabellian's experience with the Shadowflame shows that similar to Ebonhorn, he is still quite susceptible to the whispers of the Void and the same is likely true of all the black dragons newly arrived from Outland. They managed to dispel their existing corruption somehow, likely due to the distance from the Old Gods - but should a new source of corruption be found, they're all in extreme danger of succumbing to it like Ebonhorn was prior to Wrathion's actions.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    You spend your days bitching about a video game's story on an anonymous forum. which part of your manliness do you feel is threatened?

And it's now confirmed in game.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Such as he comes off, Ebyssian is way more tauren than black dragon. Everything I find boring about the bullmen, very little what I like about the black flight. With the options they had they couldn't have made a more boring choice.

Also, this "there was actually a hidden THIRD option!" plot-twist isn't fresh by any measure. They had a good run with Dragonflight, but now I'm getting that BFA/Shadowlands shit-tier writing vibe again.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2023-05-24 at 01:39 AM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

What's with putting supreme power into the hands of singular entities highly susceptible to corruption? This is a yet worse idea than putting the leadership of the Horde into the hands of a mentally unstable banshee with known genocidal tendencies (as arguably she already had far more power than the Horde could offer, whereas being the actual black dragon aspect is kind of a lot bigger deal than being current head honcho of the hobocoalition).

For all we know Wrathion's cure is merely a means of buying time that ultimately dooms him to corruption anyway - remember that the whole point of the old gods is that they are not a curable disease to even the nigh omnipotent and nigh omniscient, hence the prisons, hence the fucked up experiments in Uldir and with the proto dragons.

It does no favors that Ebyssian is easily the blandest of the bunch as well, even if i'm at least happy it's not Wrathion due to his overobvious unsuitability to be granted any sort of extra power.
    Frankly the only one with any sort of experience leading anything without causing world ending events is Sabellian, hell he is the reason there even is a black dragonflight left at all.

But i agree that being a hidden-away ex lapdog to Deathwing isn't the most convincing CV either, so a council seems like it would be the only logical choice, you know, arrogance and humility to balance eachother out in with Eb on the one side and Sab and Wrath on the other, actual succesful responsibility and leadership from Sab to balance out Eb and Wrath, actually getting off your ass and doing things from Wrath versus Eb and Sab.

Could've been a good approach.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    a council seems like it would be the only logical choice
    Except that Wraithion and Seb would never agree with the other, leaving every decision up to Ebyssian to decide as tie breaker anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Except that Wraithion and Seb would never agree with the other, leaving every decision up to Ebyssian to decide as tie breaker anyway.
    Aye, but it does mitigate the corruption risk.
    And it keeps mr. Blandypants from growing too prominent and taking the rest of the show towards yawnland with him.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Such as he comes off, Ebyssian is way more tauren than black dragon. Everything I find boring about the bullmen, very little what I like about the black flight. With the options they had they couldn't have made a more boring choice.

Also, this "there was actually a hidden THIRD option!" plot-twist isn't fresh by any measure. They had a good run with Dragonflight, but now I'm getting that BFA/Shadowlands shit-tier writing vibe again.
    Yeah a Tauren sounds exceptionally boring compared to either a human or a human