Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Jaina died first reset Echo (Method then) win
    Ghuun died first reset Echo (Method then) win
    Sylvanas died first reset Echo win

This tier was barely shorter while the guilds also had a much higher ilvl compared to those tiers. Blaming it on a short tier is just pulling at straws. Echo lacked execution this tier and it was clearly visible. They took considerably longer on some bosses (Zskarn, Neltharion) than they usually would and it cost them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything is to blame for this tier, its how broken the new upgrade system is. It literally allows higher item levels compared to the raid than ever before.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamukan View Post

This tier was barely shorter while the guilds also had a much higher ilvl compared to those tiers. Blaming it on a short tier is just pulling at straws. Echo lacked execution this tier and it was clearly visible. They took considerably longer on some bosses (Zskarn, Neltharion) than they usually would and it cost them.
    Na.. Liquid just took strategic breaks and copied everything that worked for Echo, while turning off their streams to make sure Echo cant do the same. Make it seem they were doing worse than they actually did.
    Last edited by Clozer; 2023-05-16 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Na.. Liquid just took strategic breaks and copied everything that worked for Echo, while turning off their streams to make sure Echo cant do the same. Make it seem they doing worse than they actually did.
    Man, if you cannot see how thinking like this is like the very definition of cope I don't know what to tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Na.. Liquid just took strategic breaks and copied everything that worked for Echo, while turning off their streams to make sure Echo cant do the same. Make it seem they were doing worse than they actually did.
    Did you not watch Caste Nathria at all? Echo went dark or took breaks all the time to let Liquid check bosses.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Man, if you cannot see how thinking like this is like the very definition of cope I don't know what to tell you.
    Cope this cope that. Any actual arguments outside of "starting 13 hours earlier is fair because.."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Roger comment was a backhanded compliment. You are not sincere if you say "Great job but...." Separate tweets would have made it a genuine comment, but the moment you add a conditional on the compliment you undermine your own statement.
    There was no "but" to his tweet. I get you're wanting him to be salty because it fills in a narrative, but you're grasping at straws.

For those who haven't seen it, here's the entire tweet:

"gg to @liquidGuild - had a great performance at the last boss!

Very weird race this time. This raid was probably the worst tuned one since Emerald Nightmare. 3 days of splits, for just 3 days of progress aint fun. I would take Sepulcher over these 'bosses' any day."

The second half of that is the same thing Max and other Liquid members have said (though the word tuning is being used to mean difficulty, not tuned in terms of killable with gear and timers) the raid was easy. It was the easiest Mythic raid since Emerald Nightmare, bar the last two bosses it was pathetic.

When that's a general concensus opinion, he's not giving a backhanded compliment. The one fight people thing was really well done, he complimented them on.

Anything beyond that you read into it is your own insecurity.

Gingi is just a tool. He has always been one of the most toxic members of the RWF scene. It blows my mind that anyone can stand to be around for any length of time.
    Gingi is one of those guys you hate to go up against, but you absolutely want him in your corner because he'll stick by you through and through. It's easy to see what he brings to Echo both in and out of game, and they don't care that he winds up other people, because that's not their problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Sylvannas died before reset.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Gingi is one of those guys you hate to go up against, but you absolutely want him in your corner because he'll stick by you through and through. It's easy to see what he brings to Echo both in and out of game, and they don't care that he winds up other people, because that's not their problem.
    I love how Gingi winds up people (oftentimes because they fully deserve it). To say he is difficult to be around is harsh; guy's a joker, 100% he's THE man at any party

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    lol, don't worry. That post was pure sarcasm. I was meme'ing because it's Dratnos' guild, who is something of an e-celebrity in the illustrious WoW commentator space.
    i know haha, i mean as relevant as wf race is there is only two guilds that are on the same level, its kinda like lebron and mesi vs some div2 compared athelte.

i miss pieces and luml, sadly they could never compete once rycn, canex, clickz left to join method (now echo) clickz ability to inspire others to perform is at another planet.

Preach saying right now on the Echo channel caster's impression is that Liquid outplayed Echo this tier. Fair play to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    There is no narrative. If he was making a genuine compliment to Liquid, he would of tweeted like Meeres or Naowh or any other Echo\Former Echo members that simply said something the lines of "Grats on winning the race". End Statement. But because he added the comment about how poorly tuned (id argue tuning was fine cause no huge hotfixes, and mechanics were easy but that is not here or there) the raid was, he remove sincerity from the original statement.

As for gingi, i get that he is a baiter, he wants to get people wound up, he has a history of being a sore loser. Which i get, is rare for them, but when it happens its hilarious to watch him claim "its for the lulz" when you can tell it genuinely got to him.

Also, Method is finally at the single digit wipe range. Good on them to keep pushing, but honestly, was hoping for a stronger showing from them so it wasnt only a two horse race. I really think the Method Org is over after all the drama that led to the Echo split.
    Last edited by bloodwulf; 2023-05-16 at 01:06 PM.

In the meantime Method sub 2% at 125th pull. Will probably down it in an hour or so.

They've already addressed this. Good luck trying to run splits on US servers as an EU guild.
    They would absolutely still get people they would just have to pay gold instead of ruffling off IOUs

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    There is no narrative. If he was making a genuine compliment to Liquid, he would of tweeted like Meeres or Naowh or any other Echo\Former Echo members that simply said something the lines of "Grats on winning the race". End Statement. But because he added the comment about how poorly tuned (id argue tuning was fine cause no huge hotfixes, and mechanics were easy but that is not here or there) the raid was, he remove sincerity from the original statement.

As for gingi, i get that he is a baiter, he wants to get people wound up, he has a history of being a sore loser. Which i get, is rare for them, but when it happens its hilarious to watch him claim "its for the lulz" when you can tell it genuinely got to him.

Also, Method is finally at the single digit wipe range. Good on them to keep pushing, but honestly, was hoping for a stronger showing from them so it wasnt only a two horse race. I really think the Method Org is over after all the drama that led to the Echo split.
    Method is getting a little closer to Liquid and Echo every tier.

I don’t know how many other tiers they will need to be really in the race and not in for the “first of the normals” but they are being consistent for sure.

If Liquid's pally didn't have DC issues the same people here would have been screaming about muh headstart on Sylvanas to be fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post

I don’t know how many other tiers they will need to be really in the race and not in for the “first of the normals” but they are being consistent for sure.
    Id love for it to be a multiple guild race, with Liquid\Method\Echo\BDGG but i think its still going to be a Liquid = Echo race for years and then a battle of the Top 20s behind that. Method for sure is a higher caliber than the rest of the race, but i think they have a long ways to go to be competitive with the top two yet.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    To be precise, they did make the logs private, and uploaded them only after going live again, so Echo's analysts couldn't use the data.
    Logs can't be siphoned for data, unless it's just the pull / %, logs are always private.

In the meantime Method sub 2% at 125th pull. Will probably down it in an hour or so.
    The real memes start if Method gets it in less pulls than Echo

They are the only other guild still day raiding past like a day besides the top two definitely not normal hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post

Sadly they have already crossed the 141 threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post
    Method and all the other 3+ guilds are copying pretty much every strat.. Not like the pull count actually matters then. There is still a decent gap between Liquid/Echo and Method.