Thread: Next expansion

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathfaern View Post
    Yeah, that kind of thing worked so well just a few expansions before.
    First off, WoD did not have us travel in time; it had us travel to an alternate timeline.

Second the main issue with WoD was not at all the story. It was the lack of non-raiding endgame mostly because of the lack of a reward system like Valor to prop up dungeons and other activities; early Apexis gear just sucked. This made the random loot from the garrison the only progression for much of the playerbase. The lack of further content after launch (because of WoD being a disaster in development due to Garrison tech not playing nice, constantly scaling back on original promises, releasing with an unfinished zone in Gorgrond that was effectively patched up with rares and zone objectives) doomed it and Tanaan's return to form could just not save it.

The story itself was mostly inoffensive; the main issue was that it was extremely low stakes. We went there to stop the Iron Horde invasion and we very much did that in the first 30 minutes of playtime by destroying their Dark Portal. We were clearly NOT stranded there since we could portal in supplies IN LORE during the questing experience. Why we stayed after, who knows. The Iron Horde never managed to be much of a threat to us regardless and I at least felt we were more there to help the AU Draenei/Frostwolves than ourselves. Still I found the only problematic parts to be the ONE LEGION bullshit and the "Draenor is Free" insanity because devs jerk off to Grom even though he paved roads with draenei baby skulls even without the fel excuse. . .

In fact we had far more offensive time travel in WoW long before WoD; Well of Eternity as a dungeon is a massive plot hole where we go back in time in our OWN timeline, steal the demon soul and thus completely change the course of history which is somehow ignored.

I expect Avaloren and yet am not sure about it. DF was supposed to have the MoP feel but imo it has failed at that by poorly integrating DF lore to Azeroth's history; with MoP everything was new yet somehow managed to feel connected to the rest of WoW. Yet Avaloren is exactly the same theme; explore a completely new continent with different races and people. Would they do the same thing twice in a row?
    If we get Avaloren I expect a void influenced society, plenty of Titan and Black Empire architecture, an important Titan Facility that acts as the expansion's McGuffin (Odyn's group had the Ulduar and the Forge of Wills, Ra's had Uldum and the Forge of Origination, Innaria's will have Uldorus and the Forge of ?); possibly the Titan endgame facility that is meant to help Azeroth be born.
    I don't see that as a South Seas expansion though, more of a new continent, possibly with areas that are locked from exploration early on and unlocked as the expansion advances. Avaloren should not be in the South Seas anyway (since if it was, it would have been part of the Kalimdor landmass; it should be at the other side of the planet.

It is the concept that is more heavily hinted at for sure though.

My preference is very much World Revamp with part of the Revamp being the current content and a new Evergreen system of events that provide a secondary focus to past expansion or/and a revamped area that occurs every season. My preference if it has to be entirely new content would be a Hollow World concept with a massive Titan Facility around the World soul adjoining to multiple underground zones and access points all over the planet. Could include Azjol'Nerub, a massive silithid hive area under Silithus, a sunless sea zone, the Blingtron War, the dwarven civilization mentioned in the Uldaman books etc.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-05-19 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Wasn't Kezan completely destroyed during the goblin starting zone questing?
    we were there for motherlode dungeon and goblin heritage questline so no, it was not destroyed

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by srgs3eaerseg View Post
    No set name for the expansion yet.

Set on the other side of Azeroth. Spinning world map to select continent travel.
    Main villain is a new old god and the void are involved.
    Extremely high fantasy feeling to it. We are explorers in new lands, DF amped up to ten.
    Archaeology revamp and plays a big part in it.
    High elves are playable and a fully neutral race. Main hub is their main city.
    Playable more humanoid Ogre type was being worked on but not sure what happened. Only npcs right now.

Geomancer class. 3 specs. 1 Support tank and 2 DPS. Tank uses uses boulders and rock to protect himself and places menhirs to shield and defend others. 1 DPS has quicker, weaker hitting rock spells. The other has longer casts, empowered heavier hitting boulder spells. Both use a lot of aimed AOE. Makes evoker feel like a concept for the class.

New big continent but expansion is just on the south western part of it. Very varied biomes. Revamped flight for all flying mounts. Main questline takes you through the zone but no side quests, fully dynamic story telling events everywhere. Level up however you want. Traditional quests for some features and professions.
    LOL

You made all that up. Admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    we were there for motherlode dungeon and goblin heritage questline so no, it was not destroyed
    Well if you judge by the Motherlode, it WAS destroyed. Crapopolis looks like crap. Either the lava did not flow that way or it DID and this is just what the goblins have managed to build in the years since using the junk left over. We have never been to Undermine proper though which is meant to be underground.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    LOL

You made all that up. Admit it.
    Oh I had thought of a Geomancer class for Pandaria based on I Ching and Feng Shui. Though imo it would work better as a class skin for Pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well if you judge by the Motherlode, it WAS destroyed. Crapopolis looks like crap.
    damaged, sure, not destroyed though, plus we only seen bits of it
    also a lot of goblin places look like crap no matter if they were near erupted volcano or not

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    damaged, sure, not destroyed though, plus we only seen bits of it
    also a lot of goblin places look like crap no matter if they were near erupted volcano or not
    I mean they look grimy because that is the aesthetic but they do not look like junkyards; Bilgewater Harbor doesn't have trash lying around. And yeah, I'd love to see a large goblin city. Would prefer Gadzetan to Undermine but either would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara and Tinkerer for sure LOL