Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    That is coming as well. It's 2 toggle buffs, Dynamic Flying is Dragonriding, Static Flying is old flying. Top of the same thread that OP linked.
    That's really good to hear. As a gatherer and explorer I was not a fan of Dragonriding. I mean, it's nice for how quickly you can fly from one side of the continent to the other, but when you see that node way down below you or way above you and knowing you were getting rid of your momentum, was really frustrating. And sometimes I just want to look around at the scenery, and didn't feel I could do that with Dragonriding. After hitting max level I just ended up back in Classic Wrath. With this update, I may give Dragonflight another go.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Neat, with so many dragon, or dragon adjacent mounts it only makes sense to allow them to be used for dragonriding aswell.
    And for the people who old flying back, for whatever reason, they can have it.

This is effectively flying mounts 2.0 at this point and I can get behind that.

Dragonriding is a cute mini game but if i want to go straight upwards id prefer just the basic flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Huhh, took long enough. I'm not paying a single cent until it's back
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Let's see how long until you turn on dynamic because static is slow as molasses in comparison.
    Yeah, regular flying feels absolutely horrible after spending so much time with Dragon Riding. The only benefit to the old, slow flying is that it's easier to come to a full stop.. well, that was the case until they just added the new ability last patch to come to a full stop on your dragon.

What benefit do old mounts even have anymore?

yay? not…. saw it coming miles away….wouldn’t still convince alot ppl being brought back to dragonflight

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmetal-Kitten View Post
    What benefit do old mounts even have anymore?
    Variation and choice is one thing. But the most important one for me?

Hover.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Variation and choice is one thing. But the most important one for me?

Hover.
    Given that they're already working on the former, Hover is your only one. And it's inherently at odds with Dragonriding. It's not really that big an advantage either, Dragonriding to a safe space doesn't take significantly longer than putting a flying mount at a safe hover height.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Given that they're already working on the former, Hover is your only one. And it's inherently at odds with Dragonriding. It's not really that big an advantage either, Dragonriding to a safe space doesn't take significantly longer than putting a flying mount at a safe hover height.
    except if I hover somewhere to walk away for a second, its because when I come back - I want to start in the same place that I left. dragonriding to a safe spot = leaving that spot and having to come back.

for starters.

just general full control of every aspect of old school flying is far and above dragonriding, because in dragon riding - you are not making your mount move, you just steer it through the momentum. its like having a permanent autorun on that you didn't chose. its why I find it so ironic when people who prefer dragonriding - whinge about how old mounts you just autorun. projecting much? for me the irony is that I never autorun with old mounts. I can chose to, but I make a choice NOT to. with dragonriding, I don't have that choice and with dragonriding my choice is to get annoyed trying to gather, or just give up and stick to taxis.

but yanno. to each their own.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    This is effectively flying mounts 2.0 at this point and I can get behind that.
    No, it's not. It's a feature that half the playerbase considers annoying, and the other half is absolutely in love with it...for some reason. It wouldn't make the game better nor worse if dragonriding didn't even exist in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheDoe View Post
    How about Blizzard add a minigame to make your character walk? You need to hold W and then tap Q and E, to use left and right leg. The faster you tap, the faster you walk.
    Yes, exactly. Clearly the current running system isn't engaging the player. If we're going to be consistent we should advocate for a more active and engaging running playstyle, with a stamina system that forces your character to stop and catch breath if you run for too long. Glyphs that upgrade your stamina could be hidden in areas inaccessible to mounts, perhaps right at the end of long caves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    No, it's not. It's a feature that half the playerbase considers annoying, and the other half is absolutely in love with it...for some reason. It wouldn't make the game better nor worse if dragonriding didn't even exist in the first place.
    Source on these numbers?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Exactly.

Also, the massive discrepancy in speed between flight types needs to be addressed. 'Static flying' is basically a 'fly at one-third speed' option. If increased speed is the reward for flight being annoying - sorry, I mean 'active' - then the extra boost doesn't need to be so big. Give normal flying mounts 600% speed.
    Lol, nah. The point of 'static' flight is so that you can go AFK when flying, or park yourself up in the sky and go AFK, or for people who are incapable of learning how to maneuver with the dynamic Dragonriding style flight. It's the easy mode flying, the training wheels flying, the old school flying. You wanna go fast? There's already an option for that. It just requires an iota of skill and your active attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    That's really good to hear. As a gatherer and explorer I was not a fan of Dragonriding. I mean, it's nice for how quickly you can fly from one side of the continent to the other, but when you see that node way down below you or way above you and knowing you were getting rid of your momentum, was really frustrating. And sometimes I just want to look around at the scenery, and didn't feel I could do that with Dragonriding. After hitting max level I just ended up back in Classic Wrath. With this update, I may give Dragonflight another go.
    I find this so strange, because Dragonriding actually made me more interested in gathering and exploring than old flight. The fact that I can zoom around at insane speeds from one node to another is much more entertaining to me. It basically becomes a mini-game where I'm swooping around looking for the best nodes before slamming down on them, grabbing them up, and then looking for my next target.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool. I don't really care about DR that much, but going to the old world and seeing how slow the old mounts are is super jarring lol. 310 mounts feel like ground skimming compared to DR, and it's super noticeable.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Source on these numbers?
    His rectum

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I find this so strange, because Dragonriding actually made me more interested in gathering and exploring than old flight. The fact that I can zoom around at insane speeds from one node to another is much more entertaining to me. It basically becomes a mini-game where I'm swooping around looking for the best nodes before slamming down on them, grabbing them up, and then looking for my next target.
    It's not that I don't hunt for nodes ever. If there's something specific I want to build and the cost of mats is more than I want to pay, and I'm short the mats in the bank, I'll go farm. But that's pretty rare. Instead I typically just gather mats I see while I'm travelling from point A to point B. And as noted, it feels bad having to kill your momentum to get the node, especially if you have to find it first, because there's 2-3 tiers of ground, like with overhangs & caves and what not. Or when there's several nodes near each other, but at very different altitudes. There were times I would have to wait before I was able to regen the dragonriding power stuff before I could get to the next node. And if you are just trying to look around in general, sometimes I'll hover, which you can't do with Dragonriding.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Source on these numbers?
    When I ran a poll it came out as almost exactly 80 20 in favor of dragonriding. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nto-The-Future

Again I can see dragonriding being difficult or clunky particularly in very dense zones or simply zones they forget to increase the height limit on so I keep hitting the skybox so I'm 100% for the toggle. I assume toggled on, anything classed as a "dragonriding mount" dragonrides, and anything without that classification, like the flying rabbit, static flies. That'd actually be perfect, I can put one of each on my bar and not even have to hit the toggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    It's not that I don't hunt for nodes ever. If there's something specific I want to build and the cost of mats is more than I want to pay, and I'm short the mats in the bank, I'll go farm. But that's pretty rare. Instead I typically just gather mats I see while I'm travelling from point A to point B. And as noted, it feels bad having to kill your momentum to get the node, especially if you have to find it first, because there's 2-3 tiers of ground, like with overhangs & caves and what not. Or when there's several nodes near each other, but at very different altitudes. There were times I would have to wait before I was able to regen the dragonriding power stuff before I could get to the next node. And if you are just trying to look around in general, sometimes I'll hover, which you can't do with Dragonriding.
    Why don't you get the upgrade that gives you a vigor boost when you gathwr, also are you using your air stop? If you get thrill of the skies on your way to the node then use Ariel stop it will give you a full vigor back. Literally I have never run out of vigor unless I end up behind someone and keep having the node dewpawnnin the middle of me mining it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    When I ran a poll it came out as almost exactly 80 20 in favor of dragonriding. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nto-The-Future

Again I can see dragonriding being difficult or clunky particularly in very dense zones or simply zones they forget to increase the height limit on so I keep hitting the skybox so I'm 100% for the toggle. I assume toggled on, anything classed as a "dragonriding mount" dragonrides, and anything without that classification, like the flying rabbit, static flies. That'd actually be perfect, I can put one of each on my bar and not even have to hit the toggle.
    1- this is mmochamp so anything you poll is going to be weighted in the negitive.
    2- you didn't even get 100 responses, so that is not a valid sample size really.

But yes it's a toggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

To be honest, raising the ceiling is unlikely to be terribly difficult. It serves no real purpose to begin with and they can likely just overwrite it for the whole map at once.

It might be that "Static" mounts will simply be unusable in flyable zones though, or can only be used as ground mounts while it is set to dynamic. That would at least partially depend on the requirements for the toggle. The easier it is to switch, the less reason there is to have it that way. But if it was more restricted like Warmode it's unlikely they'll just let you circumvent it like that.

- - - Updated - - -

2- you didn't even get 100 responses, so that is not a valid sample size really.
    Biggest issue is bias. A simple poll is almost certainly going to be biased to whatever side has the greatest interest in the topic.

It really only shows opinion among those who participated, and if you don't know the makeup of that group, it isn't terribly useful.

Glad and surprised they expanded on the feature so fast