A set of Frost Mage questions about overlapping procs

Will using a Brain Freeze proc ever take priority over consuming Winter's Chill?

If casting Frostbolt into a Flurry and a Fingers of Frost proc comes up, do you skip the Flurry and cast Ice Lance to consume the proc?

If you've casted Frostbolt into Flurry and then Frozen Orb comes off cooldown, do you prioritize the Winter's Chill charges on the enemy or cast the Orb and gain a Fingers of Frost proc as you start to handle the Winter's Chill charges?

Quote Originally Posted by DisRuptive1 View Post
    Will using a Brain Freeze proc ever take priority over consuming Winter's Chill?
    Generally no, since you won't be able to proc a new Brain Freeze while consuming Winter's Chill with Ice Lance. Also it's a better use of the Winter's Chill debuff if it isn't consumed by a Flurry bolt. I don't know if the 4-set changes this at all, but I would guess not. You will probably want to be making sure you are keeping Flurry charges are empty in the event you get a 4-piece proc so as to avoid capping Flurry charges as much as possible.

If casting Frostbolt into a Flurry and a Fingers of Frost proc comes up, do you skip the Flurry and cast Ice Lance to consume the proc?
    Well, you want to clear FoF procs as much as you can before doing your Flurry combo since it's wasted potential Ice Lances that way. However, is the implication here that you're waiting after Frostbolt instead of queuing up Flurry right after? Because that's probably worse than munching Ice Lances? The Frostbolt>Flurry combo works specifically because Flurry travels faster and thus the first Winter's Chill affects the Frostbolt that was cast prior.

If you've casted Frostbolt into Flurry and then Frozen Orb comes off cooldown, do you prioritize the Winter's Chill charges on the enemy or cast the Orb and gain a Fingers of Frost proc as you start to handle the Winter's Chill charges?
    The guides have Frozen Orb as a higher priority than Winter's Chill, but in single-target, you won't munch potential Ice Lances if you use the WC charges first, and you will get more IV extension/cdr that way. In AoE, you probably want to fire off the Orb right away
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    However, is the implication here that you're waiting after Frostbolt instead of queuing up Flurry right after?
    No, I'll start the Frostbolt cast with no Fingers of Frost proc. Halfway through that cast, I get the proc. It seems to come from Frozen Orb, even when I don't have the talent that gives me a proc every 2 seconds.

You'd want to get rid of the FoF proc first generally, and yes Frozen Orb damage can proc FoF baseline.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Will using a Brain Freeze proc ever take priority over consuming Winter's Chill?:
    No, that's not the way to get the proc to trigger.

I think the question in the OP is a valid one, and the answer is not so obvious. There may be a situation where you want to cast flurry while having fingers of frost.

I have taken a look at some logs from mythic aberrus for some frost mages and what caught my attention was the fact those mages had very high damage from icicles, with nearly 100% crit rate on them.

The only explanation for that fact I could find was that they made sure all icicles were hurled at the target with Winter's chill (since apparently it increases icicles' crit rate, without consuming the buff). Now, in a scenario where you have 4 icicles, get Fingers of Frost AND Brain Freeze - if you cast ice lance at this point the 5 icicles will land at the target with regular crit chance (~33%). But if you cast ice bolt + flurry followed by an ice lance all of the 6-7 icicles will land with 100% crit chance. And icicles deal 2.4x more damage as crits.

Wouldn't the extra damage from icicle crits outweigh the damage lost from an extra ice lance crit? Wouldn't then the goal be to control your icicles and make sure they are released only after flurry?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.