Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What Graphics Updates do you want?

I want them to update most of the Vanilla Trees, and also I want them to make the mountains around Orgrimmar to be the same texture as the cliffs in the Orgrimmar.
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2023-05-26 at 07:27 PM.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

15+ Year Old Account
    New textures for my swift zulian tiger and t3 set
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Ironforge needs an update. And a reason for going there.

Update the old crappy skyboxes in Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, and Northrend with the new gorgeous skybox art.

Give dragonriding good animations like GW2's robust mount animations. Seeing my character statically sit on a dragon looks dumb. Also, add a dismount animation like where the mount flies away like in GW2, rather than just disappearing out of thin air.

Add waves to beaches like on the Isle of Thunder and 3D water to oceans like in Exile's Reach

- - - Updated - - -

Add lore appropriate visual effects for Sunwalker abilities, since we are fire druids and not Christianic Light worshipping paladins.

The biggest offender by far are the trees.

7+ Year Old Account
    Updated skyboxes in Vanilla zones and proper beach waves like mentioned above.
    High Res updates of old gear like what they did with the Tomb of Sargeras tier sets.

I want Graphics downgrades:
    Every Sword since Cata should be reworked to pre-Cata graphics style. I never liked, that every sword looks like it is made from stone.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Every Sword since Cata should be reworked to pre-Cata graphics style. I never liked, that every sword looks like it is made from stone.
    Ah yes and the pre-cata swords famously looked like they were metallic and did not look like slabs of stones or worse sticks of plastic.

the old world zones skyboxes are staggeringly ugly.

they are so ugly it looks more like a bug than an intended texture.

i cant believe they are still in use.

Hair Clipping…

I really liked more fantasy-theme armor/weapons instead of realistic ones.

Not saying that there aren't any right now, but some looks bad.

Yeah i agree... there are not even any sword left in the game. They are more like clubs. No edge and nothing looks like metal.
    Same with daggers. Pointy dagger in wow? Nop.

The new trading post stuff goes in a good direction imho like the bow we can buy this month.

I would like to see an optimization patch tbh. It is done in many other games recently. The new raid and recent spell effects absolutely rinse my fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    I want them to update most of the Vanilla Trees, and also I want them to make the mountains around Orgrimmar to be the same texture as the cliffs in the Orgrimmar.

Edit: oops I made a title typo. It's graphics*
    Tbh all before Legion need update. Maybe before WoD. Im not sayin about zones. Literally ALL. But yeah the trees are awful. Mountains too. And rocks and ohh did i said all ? ;d
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-05-26 at 12:41 PM.

In general just more high res textures on old stuff.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    DLSS

/10c...

boss/trash mechanic effects need overhauling out the wazoo. I dont necessarily mind how they look right now but they need to add clear definitive border lines to indicate range to everything, and then make sure those borders do not clip into the floor.
    IMO mechanics should be clearly visible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Update the old crappy skyboxes in Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, and Northrend with the new gorgeous skybox art.

Give dragonriding good animations like GW2's robust mount animations. Seeing my character statically sit on a dragon looks dumb. Also, add a dismount animation like where the mount flies away like in GW2, rather than just disappearing out of thin air.

<snip snop>
    I mean, we have the exact opposite of GW2 atm. Going off of that gif, our mount up in WoW has the Dragon enter with an animation - while GW2 mount just appears out of thin air under the character. In my short time playing, even the raptor does that. It just fabricates when summoning.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I'd like to see DLSS/FSR2 support. Not that WoW is particularly hard on the GPU, but as a MMO it's something you have running for hours and hours and saving a bit of power/heat/fan noise would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I woud like:
    - Shamans to get the new elemental effects used in prepatch/DF (most NPCs that cast Lava Burst actually use the new Lava "bolt" spell effect).
    - Arcane mages to get some of those sweet, sweet Arcane effects used by the Blue's in Azure Span, or at least update Arcane Barrage (it looks exactly the same as when we first got it, I'm almost certain).
    - give Warlocks the choice to use the updated "skull" version of Shadowbolt that some NPCs have access to, rather than the dynamic shadow pinecone we lob.
    - Demon Hunters a "red fire" option like how Warlocks have green fire. Gul'dan exhibits red/orange fire as an upgrade to green Fel in Nighthold, and Sargeras - the lord of the Burning Legion - is covered in orange/red fire.
    - Fix MM Hunter animations that use arrows in the spell effect if they haven't already. It's pretty jarring to see a gun spray a stream of red arrows for some ungodly reason.
    - Some animations could do with some more oomph. Secret Techniques for Subtlety for example. I used it for the first time and was like, "That's it?". It just looks like random patches of purple smoke lightly brushing the enemy.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.