Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    And Ken Paxton was impeached today in the Republican led Texas house. 121-23.

It wasn't even close. Now lets see if he gets removed. But according to Texas law, he is temporarily removed. Funny thing is, his wife is a state senator, and one of the charges he was impeached for was an extra marital affair. So I wonder how she will vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see if the senate finishes the job or pusses out cause of St. Ronald's 11th commandment
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of our board conservatives love invoking the political wisdom of "Betting markets are saying"...

So lads, whats the over/under on “abortions Ken Paxton has personally paid for”?!?

NEW: Texas AG Ken Paxton wanted his mistress to have a job in Austin, which investigators say he obtained for her, so he would not have to drive back and forth to San Antonio to see her, Rep. Ann Johnson said, in setting forth investigative findings.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Some of our board conservatives love invoking the political wisdom of "Betting markets are saying"...

So lads, whats the over/under on “abortions Ken Paxton has personally paid for”?!?

NEW: Texas AG Ken Paxton wanted his mistress to have a job in Austin, which investigators say he obtained for her, so he would not have to drive back and forth to San Antonio to see her, Rep. Ann Johnson said, in setting forth investigative findings.
    God this made me smile.

Eat each other. Do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    121-23 is a slaughter. Senate tends to be a bit more MAGAish than the house, but its hard to overlook how dominate the impeachment vote was.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post

ThE ParTY of famILy ValUeS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    And Ken Paxton was impeached today in the Republican led Texas house. 121-23.

It wasn't even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    121-23 is a slaughter.
    Indeed. Honestly, that decisive a number should be a message in and of itself to anyone else watching. Like most of you, I also hope this leads to actual consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

(a few moments later)

Trump throws support behind Texas AG, calls impeachment vote an ‘unfair process’

Normally I would say "Trump sure likes to surround himself with the criminal, the corrupt, and the incompetent, doesn't he?"

And I will. Trump sure likes to surround himself with the criminal, the corrupt, and the incompetent, doesn't he?

But in this case, he might simply be fishing for a decent lawyer.

(remembers title of this thread)

Well, a lawyer that's suddenly got some free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Indeed. Honestly, that decisive a number should be a message in and of itself to anyone else watching. Like most of you, I also hope this leads to actual consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

(a few moments later)

Trump throws support behind Texas AG, calls impeachment vote an ‘unfair process’

Normally I would say "Trump sure likes to surround himself with the criminal, the corrupt, and the incompetent, doesn't he?"

And I will. Trump sure likes to surround himself with the criminal, the corrupt, and the incompetent, doesn't he?

But in this case, he might simply be fishing for a decent lawyer.

(remembers title of this thread)

Well, a lawyer that's suddenly got some free time.
    I predicted this on page one. I'm a genius. Also posted.

And this....

Trump crying is likely toothless here, but just stating once more it's about loyalty and narcissism for him. Paxton was an election denier.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Paxton has been investigated for things we have known about for years. What else do the Texas GOP know that made ousting him suddenly urgent?

10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt be shocked if it turns out he's been threatening to blackmail them with investigations he's blocked for the party over his tenure if they didn't pay that 3.3 million settlement for him
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Paxton has been investigated for things we have known about for years. What else do the Texas GOP know that made ousting him suddenly urgent?
    This is what I have my popcorn ready for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    i wouldnt be shocked if it turns out he's been threatening to blackmail them with investigations he's blocked for the party over his tenure if they didn't pay that 3.3 million settlement for him
    I'm wondering if it's those four aides who said "what you're doing is demanding a bribe, it's unethical and illegal" and he fired them for it. They could have thrown him out if the fallout from those aides suing and/or pressing charges would have been worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    He threatened them with political retaliation.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...impeachment-h/

10+ Year Old Account

paywall...

10+ Year Old Account

that may be a part, but the key thing is that he wanted taxpayers to pay for his 3.3 million settlement for firing the whistleblowers. He wanted to get the legislature directly involved in his shit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    that may be a part, but the key thing is that he wanted taxpayers to pay for his 3.3 million settlement for firing the whistleblowers. He wanted to get the legislature directly involved in his shit.
    I don't really think that this is it at all. 3.3 million sounds like a lot of money, but for the state of Texas it's but a fraction of what was paid for his election campaign. If it were just the money, I think they would HAPPILY pay it just to not have a public fight like this on their hands.

I have the feeling it's an inevitability thing. The reports that I saw suggest that the House members were legitimately shocked by the sheer number of impeachable offenses that the investigation turned up. Texas is nowhere near as solidly deep red as people like to think it is, and the House knows better than anyone how the actual voters split out. I think that they are looking at it being a level of criminality that might genuinely threaten their hold on power in the state, and that's one thing that they take more seriously than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    I don't really think that this is it at all. 3.3 million sounds like a lot of money, but for the state of Texas it's but a fraction of what was paid for his election campaign. If it were just the money, I think they would HAPPILY pay it just to not have a public fight like this on their hands.

I have the feeling it's an inevitability thing. The reports that I saw suggest that the House members were legitimately shocked by the sheer number of impeachable offenses that the investigation turned up. Texas is nowhere near as solidly deep red as people like to think it is, and the House knows better than anyone how the actual voters split out. I think that they are looking at it being a level of criminality that might genuinely threaten their hold on power in the state, and that's one thing that they take more seriously than anything else.
    No, the legislature absolutely does not want to pay it. The House is generally more reasonable about these kinds of things and Paxton has been a headache for awhile. The payout essentially kickstarted the investigation where they found out about the scope of the shittery Paxton has done.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, the legislature absolutely does not want to pay it. The House is generally more reasonable about these kinds of things and Paxton has been a headache for awhile. The payout essentially kickstarted the investigation where they found out about the scope of the shittery Paxton has done.
    What blows my mind is that Paxton's defense isn't even "I didn't do it" but "You can't do anything about it now suckers!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    What blows my mind is that Paxton's defense isn't even "I didn't do it" but "You can't do anything about it now suckers!"
    tends to be the SOP for the GOP

Claim the problem doesn't exist
    Claim there isn't evidence of the problem
    Admit there is a problem, but its over hyped,or you're making it political, or its to soon to talk about
    Accept there is a problem, its bad, but it will cost to much to deal with now (ignore they stalled from when it would have been much cheaper to fix)
    Thoughts n' prayers.

Ken Paxton ADMITS to stopping 2.5 million mail-in ballots in Texas during the 2020 election.

https://twitter.com/CollinDems/statu...75630593847300