Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Really enjoy this game, though I'm nothing special at it. I rarely get above rank 60 in a season. Currently CL 5354 (been playing since beta). I got Thanos pretty early and did well with it when ongoing Thanos was a thing. After nerfs, been playing Thanos destroy, but it's not nearly as consistent (considered meta atm though). Favorite deck to play is definitely Galactus, though it's easy for the opponent to predict. My best-ever performing deck was Silver Surfer before nerfs- it just seemed to have an answer for everything. And before that it was DeathWave.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    I've already quit on ranking. I hit 65 last season and that was good enough for me, I don't enjoy the stress that comes from trying to rank up.

I was also wanting Thanos but broke down and took Kang this week. Kinda disappointed, he doesn't really slot into any of my decks so I'm trying to shoehorn him in. Now I need to decide if I want to save up for Thanos next, or High Evolutionary.
    I only tend to enjoy games played against others if their is some sort of competitive aspect involved to keep me interested, but I'm not mega into it and will be happy in Diamond or Vibranium, as I know that I would be facing people who understand the game at that level and pushing higher would be to much of a time investment.

When I was playing at Bronze with Galactus last week it felt a bit unfair the number of 4 and 8 cubes I took off people, they didn't react to the tell tail cards that I was playing him, after I snapped and was playing cards like Wave, Pyslocke or Electro in the build up, so I could play Galactus on turn 4 or 5, then follow up with Doc Ock on turn 5, to lock them out of turn 6, then maybe Shang Chi (if Doc Ock pulled big cards) then Knull and maybe Death if cheap enough. I'm currently Platinum and people tend to escape or have a counter to my big turn 6 cards, so I'm getting a lot less cubes playing him at this level.

I've been enjoying playing this Hit Monkey bounce deck the last few days, its really satisfying when I pull it off, but is wrecked by a well timed Killmonger!
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    I only tend to enjoy games played against others if their is some sort of competitive aspect involved to keep me interested, but I'm not mega into it and will be happy in Diamond or Vibranium, as I know that I would be facing people who understand the game at that level and pushing higher would be to much of a time investment.

When I was playing at Bronze with Galactus last week it felt a bit unfair the number of 4 and 8 cubes I took off people, they didn't react to the tell tail cards that I was playing him, after I snapped and was playing cards like Wave, Pyslocke or Electro in the build up, so I could play Galactus on turn 4 or 5, then follow up with Doc Ock on turn 5, to lock them out of turn 6, then maybe Shang Chi (if Doc Ock pulled big cards) then Knull and maybe Death if cheap enough. I'm currently Platinum and people tend to escape or have a counter to my big turn 6 cards, so I'm getting a lot less cubes playing him at this level.

I've been enjoying playing this Hit Monkey bounce deck the last few days, its really satisfying when I pull it off, but is wrecked by a well timed Killmonger!
    I think it will be a huge improvement to matchmaking when they implement the "opponents no more than 30 ranks from your own" system, though I think it should be more like 20 ranks. Also infinite players only playing other infinite players.

I don't mind losing, even 8 cubes, so long as I felt I was in the match and had a chance. I'm still low enough CL that I don't have much in the way of tightly designed meta-decks so I'm always at a disadvantage and often just feel like everything goes the opponents way, especially locations.

Just hit Infinite for the first time, feels pretty good. Sera Control got me to the 90s, Destroy put me over the finish line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just hit Infinite for the first time, feels pretty good. Sera Control got me to the 90s, Destroy put me over the finish line.
    I cannot get past the 40's xD

I seem pretty content, I can keep around 40 - 45 doing silly fun decks.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I cannot get past the 40's xD

I seem pretty content, I can keep around 40 - 45 doing silly fun decks.
    That's a good attitude to have. I had to get to that same relaxed headspace before I suddenly found myself climbing because I wasn't overthinking while in hot pursuit of cubes.

It's so relaxing now at infinite, as well. I'm gonna be sad to drop next week

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a good attitude to have. I had to get to that same relaxed headspace before I suddenly found myself climbing because I wasn't overthinking while in hot pursuit of cubes.

It's so relaxing now at infinite, as well. I'm gonna be sad to drop next week
    Its better than Hearthstone I couldn't get anywhere in ranked doing fun gimmicked decks. Its why i haven't played Hearthstone since 2016

Its better than Hearthstone I couldn't get anywhere in ranked doing fun gimmicked decks. Its why i haven't played Hearthstone since 2016
    If you like the fun, gimmicky decks then you'll love Conquest mode coming out in the next season. The lowest rank, Proving Grounds (Bronze), is basically unranked casual mode. You can complete missions and challenges there and never have to worry about ranking up or down if you don't want to. The only drawback is that it's Battle Mode, so you have to play multiple games against your opponent rather than one quick game.

10+ Year Old Account
    HS was at it's best at the first season launch, they massacred the game and now is so confusing and too much cards.
    Not fan of Marvel Snap with the amount of bullshit Ben Brode adds, so annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I been playing a deck reminiscent of a Hearthstone deck from back in the day, which is basically flooding your opposants decks with junk and disrupting their play

(1) Korg
    (2) Black Widow
    (2) Master Mold
    (2) Baron Mordo
    (3) Mystique
    (3) Debrii
    (3) Maximus
    (4) Darkhawk
    (4) Crystal
    (5) Ronan the Accuser
    (5) Sandman
    (6) Odin

Its work in progress Odin is a dead card in this deck. If anyone has any suggestions to make it better let me know

Maybe a Yondu would work...
    Last edited by Orby; 2023-07-06 at 03:13 PM.

So I been playing a deck reminiscent of a Hearthstone deck from back in the day, which is basically flooding your opposants decks with junk and disrupting their play

(1) Korg
    (2) Black Widow
    (2) Master Mold
    (2) Baron Mordo
    (3) Mystique
    (3) Debrii
    (3) Maximus
    (4) Darkhawk
    (4) Crystal
    (5) Ronan the Accuser
    (5) Sandman
    (6) Odin

Its work in progress Odin is a dead card in this deck. If anyone has any suggestions to make it better let me know

Maybe a Yondu would work...
    Rockslide would be a great choice to replace Odin, if you have him. He feeds Darkhawk and puts more rocks in their deck for them to draw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rockslide would be a great choice to replace Odin, if you have him. He feeds Darkhawk and puts more rocks in their deck for them to draw.
    I am waiting out Rockslide, still one of the very few cards I don't have yet

I am waiting out Rockslide, still one of the very few cards I don't have yet
    I feel ya. I'm down to the last few pool 3 cards and still no Maria Hill.

Perhaps Absorbing Man then? He'd be helpful for the quite a few on-reveal cards you have in your deck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay don;t play this deck against a Collector deck. It's the biggest anti-deck to my deck :P

10+ Year Old Account
    new cards have been made harder to obtain now. I am playing more and getting less cards than I was when the came out than I was playing less and getting more new cards. Doesn't help when each box I open is a stupid title rather than a card

15+ Year Old Account
    You can tell they’ve stopped bothering to downgrade cards when Howard the duck is still S5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.