Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Even if you could get them now, would you really want to try to catch up by spending thousands of hours running bosses for drops on some reskin mounts?. The longer you are out of a game and the more irrelevant the game has become, the less attractive the overwhelming grind becomes.
    I had been playing WoW from EU launch till the summer of 2017. Legion was at the .2 patch, the content was huge and already overwhelming for my main class only.

I probably never had a chance to finish all order hall questlines, gather mounts, armor etc anyway.

Add the fact that paragon mounts were a true gamble and not a cumulative drop (i would have preferred if every paragon chest dropped a token, which, when gathered enough, could be used to buy the mounts) and my will to play died completely, as the effort felt a complete waste of time.

If i ever returned to WoW, it would be to scratch that collection itch, along with following the story. Some of those itches will never be scratched now, so, i would prefer to not go near the itch at all.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yeah, lets give everyone mythic loot and gladiator mounts because someone says that having fun is more important.

Because, after all... we are all winners in the end!

Nice straw majn by jumping to the extreme other end. Nobody ever said to give mythic loot ore gladiator mounts. That is being disingenuous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    It's the other way around, man. Nobody cares what cool shit other people have. They care what of their own cool shit they can prove is exclusive. Someone else getting elite gear for marks of honor would hurt their sense of pride and accomplishment. Thus, give them the Legendary tooltip and let everyone else get the cosmetics.
    You contradictied yourself. Obviously people care about what others have, otherwise your "solution" is not needed at all as the problem you say it is fixing doesn't exist.

Can you even confirm that you earned that mount? How do we know you didn't just buy a carry or let your guild drag your dead ass around the entire raid? Showing off that mount all I can think of is how you paid for it, you didn't earn it! You just bought a bunch of tokens with cash, turned it into gold and gave it to the spammers in trade to get dragged through the raids. The only people that should have epic mounts from raids are the ones that clear world first!
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Can you even confirm that you earned that mount? How do we know you didn't just buy a carry or let your guild drag your dead ass around the entire raid? Showing off that mount all I can think of is how you paid for it, you didn't earn it! You just bought a bunch of tokens with cash, turned it into gold and gave it to the spammers in trade to get dragged through the raids. The only people that should have epic mounts from raids are the ones that clear world first!
    Not saying mounts or gear equals skill but if you assume people are paying real money instantly, I'd start trying to figure out why you are biased to that conclusion. Often we see ourselves in others...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Nope.

If you didn't get them when they were obtainable - you just don't deserve them. Simple as that.
    Let me introduce you to mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Nice straw majn by jumping to the extreme other end. Nobody ever said to give mythic loot ore gladiator mounts. That is being disingenuous.

- - - Updated - - -

You contradictied yourself. Obviously people care about what others have, otherwise your "solution" is not needed at all as the problem you say it is fixing doesn't exist.
    It's not a contradiction, it's a result. Anology: People don't care about their retail jobs, they care about their paychecks.

The only time anyone cares whether everybody else gets something cool is when they already got it through some exclusive achievement. If unobtainable items were never removed from the game, nobody would give a shit who has them.

Once the Brutosaur comes back in any tangible way, if it's not a recolor/rename/different quality, there would be a shitshow,. It wouldnt matter at all if the people who "cared" didnt get a FOMO version first.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Not saying mounts or gear equals skill but if you assume people are paying real money instantly, I'd start trying to figure out why you are biased to that conclusion. Often we see ourselves in others...
    This web site has made me insanely bitter and negative, I lash out because that is the norm here.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    This web site has made me insanely bitter and negative, I lash out because that is the norm here.
    This is quite possibly the most honest post in this forums history

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no problem to be solved. If they bring a mount back then whatever, if they don't then whatever. It's no different then IRL, how many people on this site ever purchased a first run NES? How many are upset by that?

Great solution for a non-existent problem!

*sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It is very important to me that people online know how big of a deal I am.
    *how big of a deal I think I am.

Solution to unobtainable mounts becoming obtainable again:

Start by growing up, then getting over yourself. Swear to god some of you people just wake up looking for something to complain about.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of casuals crying and making degrading comments regarding shit they cant earn even if it was brought back in this thread.

Now look these titles, mounts, and transmog are the same as any trophy in real life and just because "its pixels in a game" doesn't invalidate a individuals personal achievement and the reward they earned. Its literally the same concept as if you won a championship as a teen, well you're the 2008 champion and no one else who becomes a champ following that will ever be the 2008 champion ad guess what that same equally worthless championship holds just as much value as these in game rewards do to some people. Its really easy to grasp, if you want to feel special get the current seasons equivalent.

If you don't understand this concept that's your problem, stop begging to devalue the few things in this game that hold merit.

mount quality?

what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ateo View Post
    A lot of casuals crying and making degrading comments regarding shit they cant earn even if it was brought back in this thread.

Now look these titles, mounts, and transmog are the same as any trophy in real life and just because "its pixels in a game" doesn't invalidate a individuals personal achievement and the reward they earned. Its literally the same concept as if you won a championship as a teen, well you're the 2008 champion and no one else who becomes a champ following that will ever be the 2008 champion ad guess what that same equally worthless championship holds just as much value as these in game rewards do to some people. Its really easy to grasp, if you want to feel special get the current seasons equivalent.

If you don't understand this concept that's your problem, stop begging to devalue the few things in this game that hold merit.
    It's analogies like these that make your arguments sound even more silly. Seriously, as an adult, you still care about your trophies from your teens? You'd actually be upset about someone making a copy of a trophy you got as a kid? And you think strangers even care one bit about your trophies from 15 years ago? If your trophy got lost, would that somehow devalue your memory of having participated in the event? Like, your whole idea of self worth hangs on some crappy plastic trophy?

It's a game, and its "achievements" are pretty much as worthless as your teen championship trophies. Again, I really have to believe that people who put this much value on video game pixels and achievements have very little of value actually going on in their lives (your analogy is like the definition of "peaked in high school"). Which is sad, but you gotta stop trying to find validation in video game achievements that no one gives a fuck about. To most people they're just cool looking mounts and sets, or just another number in their collections tab.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2023-06-05 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    It's analogies like these that make your arguments sound even more silly. Seriously, as an adult, you still care about your trophies from your teens? You'd actually be upset about someone making a copy of a trophy you got as a kid? And you think strangers even care one bit about your trophies from 15 years ago? If your trophy got lost, would that somehow devalue your memory of having participated in the event? Like, your whole idea of self worth hangs on some crappy plastic trophy?

It's a game, and its "achievements" are pretty much as worthless as your teen championship trophies. Again, I really have to believe that people who put this much value on video game pixels and achievements have very little of value actually going on in their lives (your analogy is like the definition of "peaked in high school"). Which is sad, but you gotta stop trying to find validation in video game achievements that no one gives a fuck about. To most people they're just cool looking mounts and sets, or just another number in their collections tab.
    I think you are the one with problems imagining how other people think here. The analogy is perfectly fine, very few people feel they are better than someone else because they won some football cup 5 years ago or whatever, the thing is, achieving something is less fun if you know you can just... not achieve it and you will get it anyways.
    That can't be such a hard concept to understand can it? If a new instance came out, and it was really hard, and there was a new mount in there that you could either get by beating the instance in under 20 minutes on m+20, or you could simply check a box when you run normal saying "I want the mount" and it would also be guaranteed, can you see how people might not bother with the m+20 in under 20 minutes thing? It's not because they want to tell you that they are better than you and now no longer can't, it's that if everything can be gotten without spending money, time or skill, why bother getting it? you care nothing for the last grey item that dropped, and if that same grey item could either be gotten by getting R1 glad, or just killing a random world mob, you wouldn't care that you got it from R1 glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    ...the thing is, achieving something is less fun if you know you can just... not achieve it and you will get it anyways.
    This is seriously the dumbest thing I keep on hearing in threads like this. Why the fuck do you think people just want things given to them for logging in? No one says that. Literally, no one (well, other than those people who want "loyalty rewards" for being subbed X number of years). People want to play the game and not be barred from getting stuff just because they didn't play at the right time. That's it.

And who are you to tell people how much fun they should be getting depending on how much effort they want to expend? If you have fun doing more challenging stuff then so be it. Some people don't enjoy that, and if they have more fun running content when they out gear it then so be it. It's not my job (or your job) to tell them they're doing it wrong, because they're not as long as they're having fun.

That can't be such a hard concept to understand can it? If a new instance came out, and it was really hard, and there was a new mount in there that you could either get by beating the instance in under 20 minutes on m+20, or you could simply check a box when you run normal saying "I want the mount" and it would also be guaranteed, can you see how people might not bother with the m+20 in under 20 minutes thing?
    Again, what's with this idiotic idea that the opposing side is just looking for the absolute easiest short cut for everything? No one is asking for that. No one is asking for a "mount guaranteed" button. You're just making shit up so that your position appears like it makes more sense. How about just make it a rarer drop for lower difficulties, or just keep it in the game so that people who really liked the mount can go back 4 years later and get it?

If what you're saying is that people who run M+20 really hate doing it, but only do it because of the reward then I'd say those people need to reassess their lives and stop spending so much of their leisure time doing stuff that they hate just for something they're likely to replace a few months later. I'd wager most people who do higher level mythics just enjoy the challenge. I did ALL the Mage Tower challenges across all classes and specs even though I knew that I would never use most of those artifact appearances. Why? Because it was fun, and I don't care one bit if they were added to the new Mage Tower or even if the old one was still there for players to completely outgear. I did it when I wanted to and that's what mattered to me.

if everything can be gotten without spending money, time or skill, why bother getting it?
    You know what I did with the trophy I got from beating WC3 on hard difficulty? Oh yeah, there's no such thing as a special reward for that. Some people just enjoy playing challenging games. Most games don't give any sort of rewards for harder difficulties and yet people still play them. Why? Because games are just for passing some leisure time. The only important thing is that you got some fun out of the time you spent playing. The idea that games are supposed to give you some long lasting sense of accomplishment is SUPER niche. Most people play a game and when it's over they move on.

seriously the dumbest
    No one is asking for everything to be removed either. There can be both. Some things make sense to stay, others make sense to remove.
    Seasonal things that can't be recreated, like m+, pvp, etc, makes sense they are there for the season, then they go. It's a reason to actually play during that season too.
    Want the seasonal rewards? go ahead and play a little during that season, want the expansion rewards? you can get them when ever.

If what you're saying is that people who run M+20
    No, that isn't what I'm saying, I'm saying you can create gameplay by making challenges, like a deathless run, an extra fast run or some other extra challenge. This is something you wouldn't do without a "reward" because the reward creates the challenge. Achievements accomplish this, things like do a boss while not killing adds etc. It's not that you think killing the boss while the adds are up is boring, it's that if there wasn't an achievement you wouldn't even try to figure out that gameplay, because there would be no reason to.

Now to the point, if you have something that is seasonal, and within that season there is a challenge, it is fair that after the season is over, it is no longer available, again, it's not a whole lot of content, nearly all of the collectibles that have ever been released can still be farmed.

For some, that enjoy the collection aspect, the goal is to collet everything, for others, it's being efficient, and if something can later be had for 4 hours of twitch watching, or buying it for 900 tender, 500 of which you get for logging in, the logical thing to do is to not partake in said content.

It also affects promotions, what is the point of being part of a promotion, if you can just get the thing for nothing later? Take Tyreals charger for instance, originally you had to sub for a year to get that and D3 (I think that was the one) Okay, so if you wanted that horse, you subbed for a year, and you got it, later you could buy it in the store, and later again you got it for looting a goblin.

I understand that a lot of people think having something first is somehow cool, but I'd argue that having something first is about as subjectively cool as having something hard to get, who cares if you had the horse for 3 years? 1 day? 0 minutes? The amount of people that ever checked your achievements to see when you actually got a mount or pet is W A Y lower than the amount of people that care if you have them or not.
    So why get a Blizzard promotion? if you just get the things later anyways? You are not cool for having "enjoyed" your reward for x years, like you said yourself, noone cares that you have it.
    Last edited by Sialina; 2023-06-05 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    It's not a contradiction, it's a result. Anology: People don't care about their retail jobs, they care about their paychecks.

The only time anyone cares whether everybody else gets something cool is when they already got it through some exclusive achievement. If unobtainable items were never removed from the game, nobody would give a shit who has them.

Once the Brutosaur comes back in any tangible way, if it's not a recolor/rename/different quality, there would be a shitshow,. It wouldnt matter at all if the people who "cared" didnt get a FOMO version first.
    It is a contradiction. Peoole absolutely do care about what others have because they don't want others to have it. If they did not care what other people have, thwy wouldn't care that mounts are being brought back. You are wrong. End of story.

No one is asking for everything to be removed either. There can be both. Some things make sense to stay, others make sense to remove.
    Seasonal things that can't be recreated, like m+, pvp, etc, makes sense they are there for the season, then they go. It's a reason to actually play during that season too.
    It can't be both. It's an either or. Either you keep everything in game for people to access via playing the game, or you bank on things like FOMO and perceived status symbols to cater to a minority of players to the detriment of anyone who either takes a break or starts playing the game later on.

And by all means, keep rewards within their respective tiers of play (M+ rewards remain with M+, PVP rewards remain with PVP, etc.). Sure, some things might get easier with time and gear, but others wouldn't. As long as things are still accessible, people who want them can do whatever it takes to get them. Again, no one is saying to put old gladiator mounts on a gold vendor.

No, that isn't what I'm saying, I'm saying you can create gameplay by making challenges, like a deathless run, an extra fast run or some other extra challenge. This is something you wouldn't do without a "reward" because the reward creates the challenge.
    That IS what you're saying (that M+ players play games they hate just to get a reward) when you say "the reward creates the challenge". My argument, which is how most games function, is that completing the challenge IS the reward. I can't think of any other game that I've played that tries to entice people to do challenging content by locking additional rewards behind it. Hardmodes were always there just as an extra challenge for those who wanted it.

I think it breeds toxicity to have exclusive rewards for challenging group content because it invariably brings in people who are only there for the reward instead of the challenge and typically they're less patient about the difficulties that said content presents.

It also affects promotions, what is the point of being part of a promotion, if you can just get the thing for nothing later? Take Tyreals charger for instance, originally you had to sub for a year to get that and D3 (I think that was the one) Okay, so if you wanted that horse, you subbed for a year, and you got it, later you could buy it in the store, and later again you got it for looting a goblin.
    Even if we'd been told that 11 years down the road we'd be able to get Tyrael's Charger from an in game drop, I'm 100% certain that it wouldn't have prevented me from getting the bundle that included the mount, the subscription, and (most importantly) an entire brand new game. People paid $20 for an extra few days of D4. You really think