Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Warlock is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I'm having a real "just one more mono" problem.

With them being so short most of the time it's a bit too easy to go longer than you think.
    Sometimes they're almost too short and you're in and out in well under a minute even without racing. But I'm not too sad about that, even if it's less killing it means more rewards faster!

Unless it's the ones with a bullshit layout.

I only want to play the one that is a hexagonal factory-type place.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Unless it's the ones with a bullshit layout.

I only want to play the one that is a hexagonal factory-type place.
    And only loaded with spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    And only loaded with spiders.
    Full of the crabs and no snakes that throw dust everywhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm at the part in the campaign where I'm going to kill Lagon and, after reading here and what people in game are saying, I'm quite curious how many times I'll die, if at all.

My warlock's dps is quite bonkers at the moment, just plonking down a fissure rekts everything 99% of the time. I have like 300% damage over time.

Really enjoying the game!

Hybrid health is so rare. Think I only found like 4 pieces in months.

I have more runes of creation than hybrid health.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I'm at the part in the campaign where I'm going to kill Lagon and, after reading here and what people in game are saying, I'm quite curious how many times I'll die, if at all.

My warlock's dps is quite bonkers at the moment, just plonking down a fissure rekts everything 99% of the time. I have like 300% damage over time.

Really enjoying the game!
    I think people vastly overstate lagon. His moves are incredibly heavily telegraphed, it's extremely hard to miss what he's doing.

Even without resists at all, there aren't any moves that aren't entirely doable.

If you have resists, the only things that will kill you (or even move your hp at all) are the sweeping eyebeam when hos eye goes red (run the opposite direction to where he faces ) and the waves in the add phase (4th grade geography makes it easy).

Assuming you have physical resist (which everyone should aim to have all the time in the campaign), the claw slaps and the adds do zero damage, so the only moves left are the straight eyebeam for lightning damage which doesn't do much damage anyway, and the giant moon are which is telegraphed for seconds before it happens.

I honestly didn't notice him that much during the campaign, when people started complaining I had to go back to check that was the boss they were talking about.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2024-02-27 at 01:43 AM.

I'm loving Warlock! I couldn't play much over the weekend so only 72, since I started doing mono's its feeling overpowered, especially since I got mana regen rolls on my rings and neck and removed Of Gloom and Flames from Chthonic Fissure, now I never run out of mana even when spamming abilities.

Ive only died twice since I started doing mono's trying to just blast down Lagon! When I did the mechanics he was pretty easy, I can clear 85's but feel a bit slow with my current gear, so swapped to 80's.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    I think people vastly overstate lagon. His moves are incredibly heavily telegraphed, it's extremely hard to miss what he's doing.

Even without resists at all, there aren't any moves that aren't entirely doable.

If you have resists, the only things that will kill you (or even move your hp at all) are the sweeping eyebeam when hos eye goes red (run the opposite direction to where he faces ) and the waves in the add phase (4th grade geography makes it easy).

Assuming you have physical resist (which everyone should aim to have all the time in the campaign), the claw slaps and the adds do zero damage, so the only moves left are the straight eyebeam for lightning damage which doesn't do much damage anyway, and the giant moon are which is telegraphed for seconds before it happens.

I honestly didn't notice him that much during the campaign, when people started complaining I had to go back to check that was the boss they were talking about.
    I think it's just more that everything pre lagon is pretty face roll when he's the first one really capable of one shotting you which is a noticeable spike in difficultly. It's not like his mechanics are hard. Mythic wow is far more demanding for example

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hybrid health is so rare. Think I only found like 4 pieces in months.

I have more runes of creation than hybrid health.
    Do you have special rule in filter to always show any and all items that have hybrid health? I have one that shows any % health drops, some of which are hybrid health. While they still arent common, I expect to get a few shards of hybrid health over hour or two.

Months seems odd. I'm sure you are hiding many of potential drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I think it's just more that everything pre lagon is pretty face roll when he's the first one really capable of one shotting you which is a noticeable spike in difficultly. It's not like his mechanics are hard. Mythic wow is far more demanding for example
    Yeah, whether people can do the mechanics or not (or that its easier with the right resists) isn't really relevant to the issue. Literally everything else in the campaign is very straightforward and easy, and then you have this weird boss that requires perfect mechanical execution and stacking resist sandwiched in the middle of them.

Like I said in another post, it doesn't really matter if they ramp up the rest of the campaign to be harder, or they make this boss easier, but they really need to do one or the other to put it more in line with the rest of the campaign. The difficulty should be stable or else a steady linear increase, not some random weird difficulty spike. Personally I think erring to easier on the leveling stuff is better, but the important thing is that things are fairly consistent. That they aren't is a big reason I think why people complain, not because people can't figure out the concept of dodging the stuff that hurts.

Also requiring resists also at a level where you probably haven't had a lot of resist options to choose from (or never had to pay attention to it before) isn't really optimal. For end-game, sure, making choices between more damage and just enough survivability is a staple of gearing in this genre. But when you're new to the game, still figuring things out, and basically using whatever drops you happen to have gotten, gear and resist checks don't belong. I know I was getting one shot by most of the mechanics, and I actually had been prioritising idols with various resistances on them; I just hadn't found enough of the right kind, nevermind that nothing up until that point implies there is going to be a "right kind" you will need soon anyway, and this is the phase of gameplay where a lot of people are likely to be winging it without guides still.

Anyway, I don't think anyone is saying the boss in unbeatable, just that the tuning is an outlier that it ends up being a big speedbump to players, and they encounter it at a stage when they aren't as prepared, and haven't yet been primed for that level of mechanics.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yeah, whether people can do the mechanics or not (or that its easier with the right resists) isn't really relevant to the issue. Literally everything else in the campaign is very straightforward and easy, and then you have this weird boss that requires perfect mechanical execution and stacking resist sandwiched in the middle of them.

Like I said in another post, it doesn't really matter if they ramp up the rest of the campaign to be harder, or they make this boss easier, but they really need to do one or the other to put it more in line with the rest of the campaign. The difficulty should be stable or else a steady linear increase, not some random weird difficulty spike. Personally I think erring to easier on the leveling stuff is better, but the important thing is that things are fairly consistent. That they aren't is a big reason I think why people complain, not because people can't figure out the concept of dodging the stuff that hurts.

Also requiring resists also at a level where you probably haven't had a lot of resist options to choose from (or never had to pay attention to it before) isn't really optimal. For end-game, sure, making choices between more damage and just enough survivability is a staple of gearing in this genre. But when you're new to the game, still figuring things out, and basically using whatever drops you happen to have gotten, gear and resist checks don't belong. I know I was getting one shot by most of the mechanics, and I actually had been prioritising idols with various resistances on them; I just hadn't found enough of the right kind, nevermind that nothing up until that point implies there is going to be a "right kind" you will need soon anyway, and this is the phase of gameplay where a lot of people are likely to be winging it without guides still.

Anyway, I don't think anyone is saying the boss in unbeatable, just that the tuning is an outlier that it ends up being a big speedbump to players, and they encounter it at a stage when they aren't as prepared, and haven't yet been primed for that level of mechanics.
    Yeah I agree.

Its easy to just be a gamer bro and say "Get good" because yeah the fight is not hard. But you also want a more steady power creep and then end game being the big jumps you can expect as you'll obviously need the right gear to push higher and higher.

Its a bit weird if one or two bosses are "hard" and everything else is easy because it throws off the rhythm of slowly growing in power from skills and levels and understanding the game more.

This is just nit picks obviously. Im really enjoying the game. Just high lighting areas where they can improve because out of the gate this game is way better than PoE when it first released and its certainly in better shape than Diablo 4 going forward.

I hope the success of the game helps the smaller development team to let the game grow into an absolute beast it could be. Atm its probably an 8 or 9 out of 10 game. But I can see it a few seasons later being a 10 out of 10 game with the right changes

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    snip
    I find this argument really difficult to understand. Everyone knows in PoE, for example, that you should cap your resistances at 75% before anything else, and if you die without capped resistances everyone knows it's a player issue. Someone who tries to fight Merveil with zero cold resist and no life will have a bad time and that's literally act 1. For some reason with LE people are expecting that they will come in, spend zero time forging their gear or farming for drops, sight read an end-of-act boss, and kill it first try without dodging anything, and I don't get that logic at all.

Yeah there's a plethora of ways to get resists and it's pretty much a guarantee in these games you need to grab them early. It also worth noting my first time through I made the same mistake and just, you know, learned from it and haven't had the issue since. Temporary failure is temporary.

The issue being of course that you don't need them until the last two acts other than some fire ac for the god damn hell bird people. I hate the osprix.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    I find this argument really difficult to understand. Everyone knows in PoE, for example, that you should cap your resistances at 75% before anything else, and if you die without capped resistances everyone knows it's a player issue. Someone who tries to fight Merveil with zero cold resist and no life will have a bad time and that's literally act 1. For some reason with LE people are expecting that they will come in, spend zero time forging their gear or farming for drops, sight read an end-of-act boss, and kill it first try without dodging anything, and I don't get that logic at all.
    "everyone knows" is just slang for people on forums etc that follow meta builds. Casual gamers don't follow that and mostly follow the game guides so you should judge it on that not what the top 20% think that follow a guide online for example. More casual players is actually good for the game as much as the meta build chasers will claim otherwise. How's that doing for wow. So much growth there in the meta obsessed market
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2024-02-27 at 07:20 AM.

I really want to try out other classes as well but Runemaster is fun. Runic Invocation is such a cool ability!

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Do you have special rule in filter to always show any and all items that have hybrid health?
    Yeah, it's top priority too.

I only have like 4 or 5 affixes I am on the hunt for. Seems this affix isn't dropping for me.

Months seems odd. I'm sure you are hiding many of potential drops.
    Very possible. Worth looking over my filter now that it's mentioned.

I did make this filter a while ago and never adjusted again. This could be a problem, perhaps.

- - - Updated - - -

It has to be a bug that you can eat your minions as Warlock and be invincible. No way is working as intended.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    I really want to try out other classes as well but Runemaster is fun. Runic Invocation is such a cool ability!
    Yea its sweet all the different attacks you can do with it is great!
    I mostly build my runemaster arround fire and use it to do big nukes.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Just did Lagon's trial, was easier than I was expecting. I even messed up a few times and got hit by stuff but didn't die.