View Poll Results: Who is the protagonist for Midnight expansion?

Voters
127. This poll is closed
  • Alleria

68 53.54%
  • one of the blood elves

18 14.17%
  • they switch inbetween

13 10.24%
  • other(see comments)

28 22.05%
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    No Grazrug. I can confidently say after 20 years of playing this game I continue to not agree with you that Alliance is more catered to. Whatever it is you see or claim to see, you've done nothing but a poor job convincing others to see the same.
    i would say the game doesn't "cater" to a faction, but it does cater to some races more than other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    i would say the game doesn't "cater" to a faction, but it does cater to some races more than other.
    Agreed, it caters to the Orcs more than every other race, the only race who had an entire expansion themed around them.

Enough with the Orc catering.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Blizzard has never done anything good for the blood elves ever, thinking they would start that with Midnight is just delusional. Not while there are high elf and void elf fans they need to cater to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Agreed, it caters to the Orcs more than every other race, the only race who had an entire expansion themed around them.

Actually humans and night elves are the races that get the most love from the devs. Also lol why should Anduin be there? Lor'themar handing the whole kingdom to the alliance just because he asks niceley? Not happening.

BEING THE BAD GUY IS NOT AND NEVER WILL BE FOCUS IN A POSITIVE WAY.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    No Grazrug. I can confidently say after 20 years of playing this game I continue to not agree with you that Alliance is more catered to. Whatever it is you see or claim to see, you've done nothing but a poor job convincing others to see the same.
    Why do you even have a troll for PFP when we all know you hate the not passive Horde deeply?

7+ Year Old Account

tho i disagree, because the game cater to humans as well, but i agree that i'm tired of the Orc and want them to have vacation for while.
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Also lol why should Anduin be there? Lor'themar handing the whole kingdom to the alliance just because he asks niceley? Not happening.

Why try to argue that Anduin won't be a main character of Midnight, only to end up disappointed in 2025?

Best to accept this from the beginning.

This is why I can't take Horde players seriously.

They convince themselves that Garrosh isn't getting villain-batted with Theramore, only to get disappointed.

They convince themselves that Sylvanas isn't getting villain-batted with Teldrassil, only to get disappointed.

They convince themselves that Anduin (the main protagonist of TWW) won't be in Midnight, only...

Yeah, maybe learn from past failures, and start applying Occam's Razor more often.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Why try to argue that Anduin won't be a main character of Midnight, only to end up disappointed in 2025?

Best to accept this from the beginning.
    Nothing to accept you got alot of headcanon.

As long as it's not about Sylvanas or the Night Elves to be abused by the story again.

Nothing to accept you got alot of headcanon.
    You will make a thread in 2025 called "Why is Anduin in Quel'Thalas?"

You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    As long as it's not about Sylvanas or the Night Elves to be abused by the story again.
    Sylvanas and Kael'thas defined the thalassian elves. No way around that.

7+ Year Old Account
    You will make a thread in 2025 called "Why is Anduin in Quel'Thalas?"

You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.
    we will be here is 2025 ?

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    we will be here is 2025 ?
    2026 at best TWW has to last at least 2 years.

Sylvanas and Kael'thas defined the thalassian elves. No way around that.
    That's funny, because the first Thalassian Elves are actually Alleria (1996 with Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal) and Vereesa (2001 with Day of the Dragon).

Sylvanas only came in 2002 with WC3 and Kael'thas the year after with the expansion.

Alleria and Vereesa are literally the first Thalassian Elves who appeared in Canon. It is Alleria and Vereesa who introduced us to the race. Sylvanas and Kael'thas came MUCH later.

That's funny, because the first Thalassian Elves are actually Alleria (1996 with Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal) and Vereesa (2001 with Day of the Dragon).

Sylvanas only came in 2002 with WC3 and Kael'thas the year after with the expansion.

Alleria and Vereesa are literally the first Thalassian Elves who appeared in Canon. It is Alleria and Vereesa who introduced us to the race. Sylvanas and Kael'thas came MUCH later.
    Alleria didn't have lore until the novel came out. Sylvanas was fully voice acted and appeared in many books between now and Warcraft 3.

2026 at best TWW has to last at least 2 years.
    No. They said that they plan the saga to have already finished before 2030 and that they are interested in a 18-months expansion plan. Clearly, Midnight is not going to last until 2028, nor is TLT going to last until 2030.

By next year's Blizzcon, they will already reveal all the major plot beats of Midnight. There you will see Anduin on the big screen -- Yet again.

Anduin is here to stay. He is not going anywhere. They did not give him an entire new glow-up just for one expansion, read between the lines.

- - - Updated - - -

Alleria didn't have lore until the novel came out. Sylvanas was fully voice acted and appeared in many books between now and Warcraft 3.
    Irrelevant.

Sylvanas literally did not define what Thalassian Elves are unless you never played WC2 or read any of the interim novels between WC2 and WC3 (which was 6 years, by the way).

No. They said that they plan the saga to have already finished before 2030 and that they are interested in a 18-months expansion plan. Clearly, Midnight is not going to last until 2028, nor is TLT going to last until 2030.

By next year's Blizzcon, they will already reveal all the major plot beats of Midnight. There you will see Anduin on the big screen -- Yet again.

Anduin is here to stay. He is not going anywhere. They did not give him an entire new glow-up just for one expansion, read between the lines.
    TWW comes out this year still. If each gets 2 years we can make it before 2030. Do the math

Also lol not taking the bait. Easy to avoid.

I don't thing Vareesa will ever get any important focus outside of being Alleria's and Sylvannas' sister. She's an uninteresting OC from Knaak, whose OCs have been mostly wiped out (Rhonnin, Krasus). She would work as the leader of High Elf allied race but I doubt it'll ever happen when both void and Blood elves can have the HE skin.

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    I don't thing Vareesa will ever get any important focus outside of being Alleria's and Sylvannas' sister. She's an uninteresting OC from Knaak, whose OCs have been mostly wiped out (Rhonnin, Krasus). She would work as the leader of High Elf allied race but I doubt it'll ever happen when both void and Blood elves can have the HE skin.
    If any of them is to die it will be her since Blizzard's trying hard to forget Knaak ever worked for them.

TWW comes out this year still. If each gets 2 years we can make it before 2030. Do the math

Also lol not taking the bait. Easy to avoid.
    Uhm, No. If each gets two years, TLT will end in 2030 (which is not what they want). If each gets 18 months, TLT will end in February 2029 (assuming TWW launches in August). Which is what they want.

Do ThE mAtH, he says. Well, I'm sure you know Math better than Me, after all you spend all your days counting the number of dead Horde quest-givers and vendors since 2004. You must be a champion at Maths.

7+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, No. If each gets two years, TLT will end in 2030 (which is not what they want). If each gets 18 months, TLT will end in February 2029 (assuming TWW launches in August). Which is what they want.

Do ThE mAtH, he says. Well, I'm sure you know Math better than Me, after all you spend all your days counting the number of dead Horde quest-givers and vendors since 2004. You must be a champion at Maths.
    you two are perfect for each other, love is truly is in the air.

Pelinal Whitestrake, of course.