Poll: Did you like the Seeds of Renewal ending?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Gilneas reclamation is just a 0 effort questline with no thought nor passion put into it. They may need gilneas to be retaken for the story in the world soul saga so they rushed it, or they thought that forsaken just giving it peacefully to Genn would be too boring. Gilneas should have been retaken in BFA with a warfront or at least a quest chain.

Blizzard just doesn't really care. One day we'll get similar shit to retake gnomeregan and kezan (or even Darnassus) so that they can market it as content for a random patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If the Alliance was allowed to carry over their grudge with the Forsaken, how could Nu!Blizzard sell the idea that Warcraft is about the Avengers team battling evil bad guys in shades of green/purple/red/yellow/blue together?

The Reclamation of Gilneas should have been an Alliance-exclusive questline, and in the previous decade, it 10000% would have been.

But since the 2020s began, Blizzard is allergic to making Faction-exclusive storylines and hubs. Everyone has to come together, because apparently Warcraft is The Avengers since the new decade began.
    I can agree with that. Along with Amirdrassil I give it a pass as an attempt for the Forsaken to make peace for the events of Theramore, but why kill the faction war with one hand while insisting its part of the game's identity with the other. It seems like a very neoliberal point of view to see every military conflict as having a black-and-white good & evil side. Rather than acknowledging the conflict has fundamental underlying reasons, the problems with the story started when they constructed BFA to erase all those underlying reasons & blame it solely on Sylvanas.

7+ Year Old Account
    jesus, i hadn`t seen this before, this is so bad, there is no reason for Gen to give up the crown. The fear about killing alliance leaders is so great that they just retire. Malfurion should have died in the war of thorns at least to explain a new leadership

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    Gilneas reclamation is just a 0 effort questline with no thought nor passion put into it. They may need gilneas to be retaken for the story in the world soul saga so they rushed it, or they thought that forsaken just giving it peacefully to Genn would be too boring. Gilneas should have been retaken in BFA with a warfront or at least a quest chain.

Blizzard just doesn't really care. One day we'll get similar shit to retake gnomeregan and kezan (or even Darnassus) so that they can market it as content for a random patch.
    If they cared they not only would have allowed the Worgens to take back Gilneas from the Forsaken years before BFA, but also have restored Gnomeregan, the Echo Isles and Silvermoon's other half at least one decade ago. Nor would they have destroyed Darnassus in the most retarded scenario possible.

Everyone has to come together, because apparently Warcraft is The Avengers since the new decade began.
    To be fair, if that's the prerequisite, then it's been the Avengers since WC3 when humans, orcs and nightelves banded together to defend Hyjal. And then again against Illidan. And against the Lich King... aaaand against Deathwing... aaaaand Garrosh. You get the picture.

Fact of the matter is that Horde and Alliance have always teamed up against a Big Bad Evil Guy in every expansion. The stupid part is going back to a faction conflict like we did in MoP and again in BfA, because of dumbshit reasons (specifically, making the Warchief a dumbshit themselves), which then either makes them the Big Bad Evil Guy for the Horde and Alliance to team up against (MoP with Garrosh) or it becomes relegated to a side plot while an even Bigger Badder Eviler Guy steps in (BfA Azshara and Nzoth)

But I will admit and agree that there should be more faction-specific questlines outside of heritage quests. Reclamation of Gilneas should have been Alliance specific, and they should have given the Horde something new (Reclamation or restoration of Quel'thalas as a buildup to Midnight, perhaps)

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    To be fair, if that's the prerequisite, then it's been the Avengers since WC3 when humans, orcs and nightelves banded together to defend Hyjal. And then again against Illidan. And against the Lich King... aaaand against Deathwing... aaaaand Garrosh. You get the picture.
    No, I don't, because it's obviously not the same thing.

Against the Legion in WC3, they only came together for one battle, and they kept their separate bases and aesthetics anyway.

Against Illidan, again they kept separate bases and storylines.

Against Lich King, separate bases and storylines.

Against Deathwing, separate bases and storyliens.

Against Garrosh, separate bases and storylines.

It's only been since the start of 2020 (SL and DF) that Alliance and Horde no longer have different bases/storylines and are instead part of an Unifaction of the Avengers.

Fact of the matter is that Horde and Alliance have always teamed up against a Big Bad Evil Guy in every expansion
    And yet they still had a faction identity in spite of that.

They teamed up against the Legion and the Illidari in TBC, yet Alliance quest in Honour Hold with Danath Trollbane, Horde quest in Thrallmar with Nazgrel, and they did not interact.

They technically had the same enemy in Cataclysm in the Twilight's Hammer, but Alliance quest in Highbank and interact with the Wildhammmer, the Horde quest in the Dragonmaw village and interact with Dragonmaw. They did not mix.

It's only been since the 2020s expansions (SL and DF) that Alliance and Horde now have to share everything, including quest hubs and storylines for every zone.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Now if only these lazy butts could finally work to restore Gnomeregan and the other half of Silvermoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Now if only these lazy butts could finally work to restore Gnomeregan and the other half of Silvermoon.
    If they will revamp Silvermoon it will be ruined again. Positive development for blood elves is illegal. Midnight is like a damocles sword above the image of the race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    If they will revamp Silvermoon it will be ruined again. Positive development for blood elves is illegal. Midnight is like a damocles sword above the image of the race.
    Good. I hope they ruin everything.

All that matter is the named characters, remember? Cities are irrelevant, remember?

Isn't this the cope that you always use to pretend like the Night Elves did not lose anything with Teldrassil?

So what's the problem? As long as Lor'themar and Liadrin survive, the Blood Elves won't lose anything, even if Silvermoon gets nuked from orbit.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

All that matter is the named characters, remember? Cities are irrelevant, remember?

Isn't this the cope that you always use to pretend like the Night Elves did not lose anything with Teldrassil?

So what's the problem? As long as Lor'themar and Liadrin survive, the Blood Elves won't lose anything, even if Silvermoon gets nuked from orbit.
    The difference is Horde loses both of it. Blizzard shows that. You know the nuance here so don't play dense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Good. I hope they ruin everything.
    That is why the Horde community will never like you. You collectivley hates us because you were denied things you THINK have rights to. Entitled would be the word I use here.

The difference is Horde loses both of it. Blizzard shows that. You know the nuance here so don't play dense.

- - - Updated - - -

That is why the Horde community will never like you. You collectivley hates us because you were denied things you THINK have rights to. Entitled would be the word I use here.
    I'll repeat Myself only once.

If Blood Elves don't lose any named character, they haven't lost anything, even if Silvermoon is destroyed. Your words. (applicable to both Night Elves and Blood Elves, again your words)

Not wasting anymore of My time with this digression.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind being hated by a racist Erevien.
    I have seen your twitter, I know what you post...

I'll repeat Myself only once.

If Blood Elves don't lose any named character, they haven't lost anything, even if Silvermoon is destroyed. Your words. (applicable to both Night Elves and Blood Elves, again your words)

They will lose both. Land, hub and characters. Its never half measured when Blizzard takes away Horde stuff. The SoO and Zuldazar raids as well as losing both the Forsaken and Orc leaders. Midnight will be a fallout for blood elves just so the radical alliance elf fans can get their will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I don't mind being hated by a racist Erevien.
    I have seen your twitter, I know what you post...
    the alliance community rooted for us to lose everything since Bfa so I am glad you don't like me or the allies we support.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    They DO always say comedy writes itself lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonn View Post
    They DO always say comedy writes itself lmao
    The difference is the Horde loses cities and cahracters. Night elves should be grateful they have the leaders still and got a brand new city on top of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    the alliance community rooted for us to lose everything since Bfa so I am glad you don't like me or the allies we support.
    Great feeling is mutual.

The difference is the Horde loses cities and cahracters.
    lol

The difference is the Horde loses cities and cahracters. Night elves should be grateful they have the leaders still and got a brand new city on top of it.
    uh.. you do know that Bel'ameth is not actually a city-city right? its a hub which has no quests, no access to auction house/bank sure it has some profession trainers but that does not make it a city. it's a travel hub at best.