Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormxraven View Post
    Again 'good' is an opinion not a fact
    And there's a reason most companies have brand guides for their IPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormxraven View Post
    your missing my point, so ill say again - the story is what they say it is. Just because a player thinks it should go one way does not mean thats how it should be it is Blizzards story and they will tell it how they want, you might not agree with how theyve done it but its still Blizzards story not yours.
    Except that wasn't your point. Your point was that Blizzard's writers automatically know the story better than the players just because they are writers. That has nothing to do with the direction desired by the players. And given how even the very leadership has publicly admitted to massive fuck ups, is a baseless assertion.

Metzen outright wrote an apology post for the Draenei retcon. Afrasiabi admitted to ignoring Kossak's direction in regards to Garrosh's planned story when he wrote the Stonetalon storyline. Golden, who admitted she was not familiar with the Forsaken when writing Before the Storm, was too lazy to do any research on the race including even playing their starting questlines and as such wrote a book that contradicts the core premises of said starting questlines at every turn, which led to the grand revelations in said book being consequently ignored by later lore, which got things back on track. All the while both Danuser and Copeland openly admitted they see the very concept of canon as a pointless constraint on the writers that is to be discarded if it interferes with their plans.

Not to mention all the unnamed mooks writing individual quests and zones, like the geniuses responsible for the events in Legion's pre-launch invasion events, who just filled them with the NPCs they spotted in the zones the invasions took place in, which gave us such gems like Stillwater leading the Forsaken troops in Hillsbrad in one of the subzones, even though in the Forsaken Hillsbrad questline he had been executed by Sylvanas' envoy for betraying the Forsaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except that wasn't your point. Your point was that Blizzard's writers automatically know the story better than the players just because they are writers. That has nothing to do with the direction desired by the players. And given how even the very leadership has publicly admitted to massive fuck ups, is a baseless assertion.

Metzen outright wrote an apology post for the Draenei retcon. Afrasiabi admitted to ignoring Kossak's direction in regards to Garrosh's planned story when he wrote the Stonetalon storyline. Golden, who admitted she was not familiar with the Forsaken when writing Before the Storm, was too lazy to do any research on the race including even playing their starting questlines and as such wrote a book that contradicts the core premises of said starting questlines at every turn, which led to the grand revelations in said book being consequently ignored by later lore, which got things back on track. All the while both Danuser and Copeland openly admitted they see the very concept of canon as a pointless constraint on the writers that is to be discarded if it interferes with their plans.

Not to mention all the unnamed mooks writing individual quests and zones, like the geniuses responsible for the events in Legion's pre-launch invasion events, who just filled them with the NPCs they spotted in the zones the invasions took place in, which gave us such gems like Stillwater leading the Forsaken troops in Hillsbrad in one of the subzones, even though in the Forsaken Hillsbrad questline he had been executed by Sylvanas' envoy for betraying the Forsaken.
    Considering ive repeated myself multiple times and you still dont get it becuase your too focused on being annoyed. My point has been same all along, the story the lore is whatever they say it is, just because you might not like that does not mean its wrong it just means you have a different opinions. Look at this way if you wrote everything for them then there would be another post just like this complaining that its all wrong.
    I'm not sayin i like Blizzards story telling but i am saying it is Blizzards story to tell, while everyone is welcome to opinions that doesnt mean they are always right

Welp congrats on the Worgen they finally have their home back.

Hoping 11.0 brings growth and development to both Bel'ameth and Gilneas. Would be great to see them grow into full-fledged cites and hubs.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Me sitting here while Kezan remains uninhabitated and neutral.

Better late than never, even though it's very late and that they included that ridiculous story with the Scarlet Crusade that had nothing to do with Gilneas, in a pathetic attempt to try to rehabilitate the Forsaken as they were the ones who invaded and poisoned Gilneas City and the ones who should have been the occupiers, not counting the ridiculous stuff of Tess Greymane replacing her father.

Now if only they could do the same for other race capital cities such as Gnomeregan or the Undermine.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Better late than never, even though it's very late and that they included that ridiculous story with the Scarlet Crusade that had nothing to do with Gilneas, in a pathetic attempt to try to rehabilitate the Forsaken as they were the ones who invaded and poisoned Gilneas City and the ones who should have been the occupiers, not counting the ridiculous stuff of Tess Greymane replacing her father.

Now if only they could do the same for other race capital cities such as Gnomeregan or the Undermine.
    Why is it ridiculos if the next in line gets the throne? Isn't that how monarchy works?

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Why is it ridiculos if the next in line gets the throne? Isn't that how monarchy works?
    Because Genn Greymane isn't dead or dying nor unable of ruling, while Tess has shown no capacity or character development indicating that she was fit to rule Gilneas yet.

Because Genn Greymane isn't dead or dying nor unable of ruling, while Tess has shown no capacity or character development indicating that she was fit to rule Gilneas yet.
    She's female and Blizzard is making pandering gestures to "prove" things have changed. That's all the character development needed these days, sadly.

Of course, such a gesture is absolutely condescending and insulting to women, but hey, please ignore that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Still. Liam is dead and Mia is old. There is no one else to keep the title. Or do you want to give it to Crowley out of spite?

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    She's female and Blizzard is making pandering gestures to "prove" things have changed. That's all the character development needed these days, sadly.

Of course, such a gesture is absolutely condescending and insulting to women, but hey, please ignore that!
    At this point nothing really surprises me from that team of writers who can't even write a proper fanfiction.