Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Dual Wield Druids

I made a mention of this in the "next legendary weapon" thread, but didn't want to derail it so I'm posting it here.

What do you think of Feral Druids getting the ability to dual wield fists, dagger and 1h maces, hell maybe even 1h axes (most polearms look like a giant 2h axe anyways). This would allow Blizzard to do away with the feral/hunter staffs and polearms that people seem to hate to see drop. Besdies I think dual wielding fist weapons would seems very "feral" and would fit the class well. I know I've seem some NPC druids with fist weapons around too.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. because ferals need the sharpest weapons available. Hell, we need TWO of them because we use them A LOT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    Yeah.. because ferals need the sharpest weapons available. Hell, we need TWO of them because we use them A LOT!
    My sarcasm meter just blew up and killed half the town. I hope you're happy now.

I kinda feel like it would be unnesecary. they gave us polearms because feral staves were only for us, so it was item homogenization. I mean it would look okay but im usually looking at the butt of a cat/bear to really be concerned about what my weapon looks like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I think your missing the point. This is just further gear homogenization. To me it seems like having weapons only good for 4 specs out of 40 seems silly, especially when in Cata 10m guilds will be more prevolent so they might not have a hunter or feral in the raid.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2010-08-25 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    My sarcasm meter just blew up and killed half the town. I hope you're happy now.
    Idk why but this made me laugh realy hard

Deleted
    No, I dont think they should be able to dual wield. However, I find it stupid that Druids can use Fist Weapons and not be able to dual wield, cos as far as I am aware, there are no Spell Fist Weapon out there.

So I think they should be able to dual wield Fist Weapons, make it a bonus for having 31pts in Feral Combat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    cos as far as I am aware, there are no Spell Fist Weapon out there.
    Theres only 1, drops off Maexxna in Naxx25 - used to be awesome, Boomkins craved it back in the day.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I saw the title and expected to see a Fury Warrior holding 2 trees as weapons.
    I'm sad I do not see this pic.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I dont think they should be able to dual wield. However, I find it stupid that Druids can use Fist Weapons and not be able to dual wield, cos as far as I am aware, there are no Spell Fist Weapon out there.
    Wraith Strike would like a word with you.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=39763

There really aren't enough of them around though. I loved having WS on my Moonkin.

i havent seen a druid tanking wep since nax

Deleted

So I think they should be able to dual wield Fist Weapons, make it a bonus for having 31pts in Feral Combat
    There is a caster fist in Naxx 25 which I believe was BiS for Moonkins at one point... :-P Still get where you're coming from though but I think druids having the fist weapon skill is mostly for fan service since the Druids of the Claw used fist weapons.

10+ Year Old Account

there is atleast 1spell fist weapon ingame http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=39763
    but i agree with you
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be kinda retarded for druids to be able to dw weps but ive always thought to myself why in the hell can we use fist weps if we cant dw them. And correct me if i am wrong but i can only think of one sp fist wep that would be used with an off hander. just my two cents

OT: Druids are fine the way they are not dwing

http://www.wowhead.com/item=39763

I think their is at least 1 more also

10+ Year Old Account

wow beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by grimkiller View Post
    I saw the title and expected to see a Fury Warrior holding 2 trees as weapons.
    I'm sad I do not see this pic.
    You sir, made my day. I would spec tree just to be my guilds fury warriors offhand.

I also find it rather odd that druids can indeed wield fistweapons but that it is fairly useless to do so save for some rp purpose or whatever you're into. I think the problem is in the fact that you would have to give druids the option to duel wield which would mean druids could wield double SP daggers which I am sure they are not itemized for. same goes for fistweapons in generally, might be a pain in the ass to try and sort out the stats on that for a druid to use. If it's not broken, dont fix it applies here i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a feral Druid, I like that I'm only competing with Hunters and occasionally a DK for weapons.

I don't want to compete with warriors, rogues, hunters, paladins, shaman, and DKs.

In a way, it would stay the same for you as a Feral, cept for that fact that there are more possible items for you to equip. so it's only a plus, imho