Poll: Will you use Lightwell now?

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post
    from beta experience the main time I use lightwell is on incoming large aoe hits where everyone in the group is aware its coming and spending that 1 click while still dpsing saves me a crap tonne of healing so most of the time they do it if I ask before the fight starts and tell them where I will drop it.

Rahj = large aoe pulse after he drains his energy bar, lasts pretty long, intense healing needed during it
    Anraphet = again he gives lots of warning before he casts his big aoe that he does twice during the fight, Lightwell + heal one, devine hymn next etc etc

this will be an extremely important tool to all Holy priests in cata, but will be used mainly in guild runs since pugged players from no guild or crap(progression wise) guilds are still going to be ignoring it and tunnel visioned on there clicking.
    This is also spot on. It seems it took a while, but in beta at least, if I mention that a lightwell will be going down on a select couple of fights (most notably the ones you named), dps will always go for it. It's a refreshing change...guess after enough wipes, people start to get it

It has like a 30yd click range on it now fyi

Quote Originally Posted by Ricecooker View Post
    seeing as how my main is a shadowpriest absolutely not my VE self heal will most likely out do the lightwell hot anyways so I can focus more on actually leading and less on "WTF where is that damn lightwell" I will however yell at my raid for not clicking :X hypocrit thy name is papertowel
    It's a fact of numbers that VE does not out heal the Light Well HoT. I too am a shadowpriest. - Ayin, Laughing Skull US

15+ Year Old Account
    Alone on the mountainside, breathing the clearest winds...
    I chose yes, but my main is a Holy priest, and I trained my guild to use it in BC, lol. Now its even more epic!

EDIT: a hello to my fellow LS player above me

not many options in 4.0 so i will take lightwell and if no one uses it htan w/e i will keep it next to me and keep myself alive for free lol

I'd trust friends and guild mates to click it but pugs generally ignore lolwell. It should be replaced with something more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Yavvy View Post
    It's clickable while casting.

You can debate whether the talent point is worth it, but if a Priest drops LW, you might as well use it.
    Actually, no you cannot debate the talent point. It is a Requirement for GS as of 4.0.1

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I'll freaking click on it and use it, but I doubt that most of the priest healers out there will even take the time to put it down, let alone in a reasonable spot for melee dps.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Punky View Post
    Lolwell won't make MUCH of a difference at all.
    Fixed.
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010

They need to make the light well bigger and more extravagant! They should make it look like you wanna click it hard and rough! Like Kim Kardashian's ass! I just got an idea! Make Kim Kardashian's ass the light well! Everyone will click it then!

Deleted
    Lightwell is current on lvl85 the best aoe heal spell for priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Praier View Post
    This is also spot on. It seems it took a while, but in beta at least, if I mention that a lightwell will be going down on a select couple of fights (most notably the ones you named), dps will always go for it. It's a refreshing change...guess after enough wipes, people start to get it
    If you're wiping because people aren't using lolwell, you're doing something wrong.
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    If the healer puts it on the other side of the room I'm not running to it as melee. Just because we can click it doesn't mean you don't have to think about where you put it. For the love of god stop dropping them so far away!
    Seeing as the Light Well has a 40 yard range, I can't see why you would be farther than 40 yards from your healers anyways. They can't be farther than 40 yards from you, seeing as they need to heal you =)

Quote Originally Posted by Copasetik318 View Post
    They need to make the light well bigger and more extravagant! They should make it look like you wanna click it hard and rough! Like Kim Kardashian's ass! I just got an idea! Make Kim Kardashian's ass the light well! Everyone will click it then!
    I just got a new sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Copasetik318 View Post

My fear is that I'll click on it but the priest will heal me anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judicium View Post
    If you're wiping because people aren't using lolwell, you're doing something wrong.
    Told you that Lightwell will make the difference between bad or good players. Wait to see it after patch.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    i wont

the healers job is to heal me,the lightwell isnt the healer
    If you don't have enough sense to use what the healer is giving you to help yourself, then you deserve to be sucking up dirt

Honestly, I don't even notice the damn thing half of the time. I mean, during the average boss my screen looks like a fucking fireworks display with all the spells and whatnot going off. I really wish they'd give a better model, maybe something taller...

Only retards spec Lightwell
    History of Illumination

Patch 4.1.0 (2010-10-XX): This talent is gone...
    Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): This talent now returns 30% of the mana cost of the spell instead of 60%.
    Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): This talent now only gives 60% of the mana cost of the critical heal.
    Prior to Patch 2.1.0, Illumination granted a 100% mana gain after a related crit

might take some time getting used to but ye. im gonna click cus i always have when i had one availeble.
    some bosses a healer can be knocked out or interupted we always had a lightwell availeble incase off. works fine and then you can rely on your own skills instead of just telling the healer to simply heal better. getting interupted is silly tho but still. it can happen to every1