Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Lil' Alexstrasza" :3
    *Gets naughty thoughts out of head*

Quote Originally Posted by Xadion View Post
    Speculations are that the numbers we see here are at LEVEL 1, abilities will probably scale with level! So a 42% sinister strike is at level 1 and the normal 80%(or 100%?) would be at level 85.
    This would counteract the low level issues with "one-shotting" and 7 sec boss kills.
    (This information is probably derived from datamining, dataminers may not be aware of this new scaling element at the time they collected the data.)

Relinking bluepost for source of speculations, let's wait for Blizzard to clarify the matter with some official notes
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...74&pageNo=1#14

(Thanks to Mordras for finding the bluepost)
    Thank you for the post. Was certainly curious why a global nerf bat was being issued. Hope everyone reads this before they go on qq spree.

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    Blue quote said it would effect 1-79, so no. Blizzard found a way to balance low levels without it effecting 80-85. Amazing is it not? Sad part is a lot of these people don't understand that and will soon start screaming that the end of the world is upon us.
    I lol'd
    Today, I realised I know the map on World of Warcraft better than the map of my own country. FML

i find it funny that no one has commented that mages actually got a slight buff while almost everyone got a nerf. Just sayin

what the sense of this silly 87%, 69%, 73%, 91%, 55%? where from so weird numbers? why not 77.59%, 55.05% or 33.95%? would be fun too... this is really fun. don't know, what to say. why not - 50%, 70%, 100%? to easy, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiranasta View Post
    Damn it, people. There have been three responses already mentioning that these nerfs are for level 1 characters, NOT higher level characters. The world is not ending.
    The problem though is most on this forum have severe reading problems let alone comprehending a single thing they actually read.They read the first post only and instantly QQ before reading the rest of the thread to see that the issue was already answered.

This forum is so loaded with cry babies I feel like I am in a pre-school class most of the time I am reading the forum.

Question

I am perplexed..

Marksmanship
    • Kill Shot now deals 116% weapon damage, down from 150%.
    • Multi-Shot now deals 40% weapon damage, down from 55%.
    • Aimed Shot! now deals 65% weapon damage, down from 100%.
    • Steady Shot now deals 62% weapon damage, down from 100%.
    • Arcane Shot now deals 61% weapon damage, down from 100%.
    • Chimera Shot now scales from 48.8% of Ranged Attack Power, up from 28.8%.

Survival
    • Black Arrow base damage increased by 20%, from 3077 to 3685.
    • Explosive Shot now scales from 42% of Ranged Attack Power, up from 22%. Base damage increased by 25%, from 558 to 697.

Really? I thought my damaged sucked enough as it was.. O_o

Deleted
    holy shit...totally blizzard...NERF EM ALL!!! LOLOLLLZZ!

When I saw the change to Mortal Strike being from 185% to 80% I leaned into my screen and actually told it to fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shekspeare View Post
    what the sense of this silly 87%, 69%, 73%, 91%, 55%? where from so weird numbers? why not 77.59%, 55.05% or 33.95%? would be fun too... this is really fun. don't know, what to say. why not - 50%, 70%, 100%? to easy, yeah?
    You don't round up/down when you're balancing stuff.

I don't get it why people are whining about nerfs they won't even feel, cuz it states that they're fixing abilities for lvl 1-79.
    And it's for beta, so 60% won't even notice something's changed.

You forget that all abilities now scale with level due to tying to balance 1 - 60 so that rogues are no longer 1 shotting people ... we wont see the full scaling from datamining but will see it at lvl 85 in game.

1 month till the release of Cata (cough, cough, but with beta's still being released....)

why dont they just reset everything to back to what they were at the patch and stop trying to 'balance' - let ppl learn to live with it for a few weeks

Geez people go back to school and learn to read, it clearly says "Most of these abilities have not changed for level 80+, however, they've been changed to scale from 1-79."

Could people please read all the changes instead of just reading their class then QQ'ing in the comment section? "UHUH HUNTER NERF WHYYYYY?!?!?" Didn't ya notices every single class a part from shaman got a taste of the nerfbat? And also, this is a beta change. If you are not in the beta you cannot say "Uh this is totally unfair", cause you have very likely close to no knowledge how bad/op/balanced each class is.

Deleted
    Hogger is now a World Boss... \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmon View Post
    Hey everyone, don't forget this is a BETA build and not a live patch or PTR build. These are changes for level 85 and not for the current 4.0.1 game at level 80. I see so many people here complaining about changes as if they are directed towards the live level 80 game. Think people.
    Read people. These changes are for level 1-79, not for 80-85. Has been posted in this thread multiple times now ...

Subtlety is tight as a virgin to play correctly. Solution, nerf Backstab HARD.

Combat is struggling. Solution, nerf everything besides gimmick talent.

Ambush becomes useful outside of Shadow Dance. Solution, nerf it HARD so now Garrotte is guarenteed to best the best opener at all times again.

And I wonder why I'm thinking about not bothering with this game any more.

Relax, take a breath, blue post is up. lol

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27497...spell-changes/

Should fix the low-level zergfest we've been seeing lately -- without changing anything at lvl-80+.

Thank you, Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Read people. These changes are for level 1-79, not for 80-85. Has been posted in this thread multiple times now ...
    The only thing that makes these nerfs NOT SOUND CRAZY is if they mean that these changed figures are what the abilities will do at level one...and then scale up to what they are now at level 80?
    An enhancement shaman is a fierce opponent, a primeval force of nature. He will assail you with the elements. His blades are like unto a fiery whirlwind. You will be electrocuted and burned. As he begets his lust for blood and summons two guardian spirits whose claws and fangs will gnash and tear your limbs from your body, your spirit will rise aloft from your unrecognizable remains, he will pause for a moment and pay his respects to your spirit by threateningly locking eyes with your soul.