Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    You are going to tell me that some 90 who now flies or hovers above me is actually doing something? As you can see one problem I have is stupid flying mounts because this is not even inviting "world pvp" because as soon as i get on my main or call mates he can fly 100 feet in air and its not combat. Also most are not passing by in that zone they are specifically there to camp..to me its WoW bullying (for whoever dont have a kinipshin, not comparing this to real-world bullying).
    Doesn't matter. That is expressly what PvP servers are for. It's nothing like real-world bullying, because everyone on a PvP server chose that server type by deliberately ticking the box that said "yes, I'm totally okay with people ganking and camping me at any time". And they're free to change that choice, at any time.

"Bullying" implies it's not something that shouldn't be allowed and that the person doesn't want. Neither is true of ganking/camping on PvP servers. If a player is on a PvP server and doesn't want to experience that kind of stuff, then the issue is that they chose the wrong server type. That's THEIR fault, not Blizzard's for allowing a choice, not the gankers for making a choice they understood and acting on it.

I totally get that some people don't like it. That's why there are PvE servers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by S2omegaS2 View Post
    No...but having a guy kill you to have his friend (on your team) revive you and continue to do this for multiple kills....would that be harassment? xD
    Not even close. After you realized what was happening, you should have stopped accepting the rezzes and stopped grouping with the guy. You can also spirit rez, head to another zone, etc. The only person keeping you in that situation is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    PvP realm is for PvP.

player versus player.

not level 90 vs level 90.
    Player versus player = player one shots something...that's news to me
    versus is a term that implies each person is battling =P

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Doesn't matter. That is expressly what PvP servers are for. It's nothing like real-world bullying, because everyone on a PvP server chose that server type by deliberately ticking the box that said "yes, I'm totally okay with people ganking and camping me at any time". And they're free to change that choice, at any time.

"Bullying" implies it's not something that shouldn't be allowed and that the person doesn't want. Neither is true of ganking/camping on PvP servers. If a player is on a PvP server and doesn't want to experience that kind of stuff, then the issue is that they chose the wrong server type. That's THEIR fault, not Blizzard's for allowing a choice, not the gankers for making a choice they understood and acting on it.

I totally get that some people don't like it. That's why there are PvE servers, though.

Not even close. After you realized what was happening, you should have stopped accepting the rezzes and stopped grouping with the guy. You can also spirit rez, head to another zone, etc. The only person keeping you in that situation is you.
    Last battlefield I played there was no accepting/declining rez's
    if the defib lands on you...your back alive

i cant help but wonder how many pro-griefing (there is a difference between ganking and griefing imo) posters in this thread will be whining about the lack of activity in a few months. sure, all the camping and all are fine by blizz, but the past has demonstrated pretty clearly that there a limited number of people that will tolerate it for long. you know what the end result of this stuff is - empty servers. live it up now i guess, but when there is nobody left to gank dont cry to blizz
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mengucekli View Post
    There is only one reason people like to spend time killing lowbies, and that is because they suck in real PVP like bgs and arenas. Every and each ganker sucks at PVP. Killing lowbies is not PVP, it is called cowardice.
    Or it's just a power trip, to dominate that way even if said person is good at pvp or even great cannot be done.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad Blizz is sticking to their guns on this one.

If they make the game any more carebear I'm unsubbing. (Guards that one shot you are bad enough)

Tired of so many people saying ganking is only for scrubs, etc, etc.

This is a role playing game in a world that is at war. I want that feeling, I want the immersion of a dangerous world where anything goes.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Your post was complete and utter PvPserverception. A PvP server in a PvP server in a PvP server.
    If that happened... we'd be... ganking ourselves?

DEAR GOD!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    That wasn't even an insult - it was a compliment. I might get banned i might not. If I wanted to tell you what I really think about you and gankers specifically I would surely get banned.. and I'd rather not but whatever.

To others here trying to "figure out the ganker" - it's very easy. Those teams that you run into in arena that never win, or that player in that RBG that seems to be dead more of the time then alive, this is what makes a ganker. The folks that are the absolute worst at pvp (real pvp) in this game and are so fustrated after being destroyed day after day in competitive pvp - come scour the open world for easy kills. They need them - or their gaming life would be as fustrating and disappointing as their real life.

So, don't feel bad gankees, you made some poor worthless loser's day a little better by letting them gank you. Don't worry they will be back to arena later to work on that rating.... bahahaha, good luck with that, hope the ganking 'made you better' at pvp.
    Since you seem to know the minds and thoughts of said gankers so well, one cant dismiss the fact that you may be very well describing yourself.

If you are just typing all that nonsense out of some disillusioned sense of anger, then please, do yourself a favor and stop while you are behind.

Case in point: You dont know the mind and thoughts of anyone but your own. Please stop trying to portray these "gankers" as such when you are clueless.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    It's funny that you mention this now, then an "Official Blue Response" to ganking has existed for a while. It was mentioned when the CRZ "Ganking" hate first cropped up. Sadly, this isn't going to change anything in the eyes of people who don't like it. If we have learned anything... Blizz can talk until they are blue in the face and people are still going to complain, bitch, cry, whine... and whatever else.
    Its not your game, its their game. They are the ones who designed it, so they are the ones who get to make choices regarding how it plays. If you dont like it, then you can quit and play another game.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i cant help but wonder how many pro-griefing (there is a difference between ganking and griefing imo) posters in this thread will be whining about the lack of activity in a few months. sure, all the camping and all are fine by blizz, but the past has demonstrated pretty clearly that there a limited number of people that will tolerate it for long. you know what the end result of this stuff is - empty servers. live it up now i guess, but when there is nobody left to gank dont cry to blizz
    No, they'll be crying when the next season hits and everyone gets epic PvP gear for free and can fight back. A huge part of the "PvP" community is simply people looking for fights they can't possibly lose. MoP is the worst expansion for this, now that they introduced PvP power, it has become quite impossible to stand up against someone in PvE gear. For some anecdotal evidence, during dailies yesterday my Warlock got hit by a 180k devouring plague tick that was NOT a critical strike.

The flood of "professional PvPer" tears always hits forums when seasons are reset and people are fed equal gear from honor. People don't like it when some random can AFK in a BG for two days and actually fight back, all they want to do is win all the time. I don't blame them, though, nobody likes losing, and if you worked hard for that 1400 rating surely you deserve to beat random bads.

Some gankers are good PvPers, I've certainly lost fights in world PvP due to skill and situation instead of just gear. In my experience, these people still tend to complain when other people get the gear they have. It's just like the LFR free epics complaining from PvE, except these people also have the power to ruin your daily experience and they relish in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If its red, its dead.
    I approve of this Jaylock thread.
    As well as the blue resonse.

So hopefully people can let this topic die and come up with something new and refreshing to complain about

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post

So hopefully people can let this topic die and come up with something new and refreshing to complain about
    that's not going to happen and u know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Players have always been able to kill low level characters, this isn't something new with CRZ.

PvP realms were designed right from the get-go to be a place where random acts of PvP could take place (outside of a handful of safe zones), and we have no plans to change this.

Ganking is always a threat on these realms, there have always been players who enjoy it and who go out of their way to do so. It just comes with the PvP realm
    Its official, straight from the Blizzard offices themselves. More evidence that anything goes on a PvP realm. Hopefully the whiners see this, and understand.

If its red, its dead.

What do you think about this response from Blizzard?
    I think it's an appropriate response.

I don't understand why some people have complained for YEARS about being ganked on a PVP server, when there is the option to choose another server in which that cannot happen to you.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th1ghsofSteel View Post
    Personally I have no issue with ganking. My issue is how easy it is for the ganker to avoid combat once you have logged your main. They can fly off or move to a different zone which means if you follow you may not even be in the same CRZ with them.

Ganking is part of a PVP realm,and should not be stopped but at least in Vanilla you could follow them or even come across them again and exact retribution.
    Yes I very much agree, flying mounts stop much of the retalliation of players who can help out. Hardened shell; a drop from a rare in Pandaria dismounts players from a flying mount. I have this item and when I got it was very happy with myself. Problem is that the shell has a very limited rage and cannot be used while moving. The shell was a good idea imo but in it's state it needs range increased massively and to be able to be used while moving. So far have only been able to use it once.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

This topic will never die...I'm sure if they made changes new people would complain or it wouldn't be enough lol

10+ Year Old Account

Hi Detheavn!

(thought bubble) Jaylock wonders if other posters have put me on their friends list so they can have easy access to all my posts and thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    I think it's an appropriate response.

I don't understand why some people have complained for YEARS about being ganked on a PVP server, when there is the option to choose another server in which that cannot happen to you.
    I don't understand how people don't get that there are people that like pvp but don't like taking a year plus to lvl?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mengucekli View Post
    There is only one reason people like to spend time killing lowbies, and that is because they suck in real PVP like bgs and arenas. Every and each ganker sucks at PVP. Killing lowbies is not PVP, it is called cowardice.

no they dont suck at pvp, you know you say that in order to let lose some steam ( at least not all of them as you put it )
    they just want to annoy you ( you and the other lowbies in their way ) because they can and they are allowed to,thats is, no pvp sucking, no cowardice, no other shitty excuse, they are just ganking to annoy player

the ganked either sucks it up , or log his main to huntt him down (rarely since you will find them on their flying mount when same lvl opponents are in the area , that adds to the annoyance:P ) or go to pve realm
    Last edited by mmoc48fddc122a; 2013-01-22 at 06:35 PM.

The whole pvp'd on a pvp server line is such bullshit these days. Back when WoW started, PVP servers had a purpose. They provided PVP for players since battleground access was limited, there was shit to do at levels before 60 and there were reasons to be outside of a main city. Now the only goal is to get to 90 ASAP. Twinking is dead (compared to what it used to be), and world PVP consists of 90s leveling profs/farming mats/being dicks killing low levels. That is not world PVP. That serves no purpose other than to frustrate the levelers. On more than 1 occasion when leveling with RAF (So 300% xp) both my friend and I just stopped playing for the day because of being repeatedly ganked while trying to quest. That's not good for the game. That makes people quit the game. WE had run ins with similar levels, sometimes we killed them, sometimes they killed us. But we never stopped playing because of it because there was some competition. With say 60 vs. 90 there is 0 competition. Hell, even if a 90 went afk for 10 minutes I doubt a 60 could kill him.

This whole notion that PVP servers these days serve some purpose other than to frustrate players and entertain the sort of community members that most would rather not have in this game is ridiculous. If what passes for world PVP these days is indeed legitimate pvp, why not merge all the BG brackets? 90 vs 19 is legitimate pvp right?

Quote Originally Posted by savaoth669 View Post
    no they dont suck at pvp, you know you say that in order to let lose some steam ( at least not all of them as you put it )
    they just want to annoy you ( you and the other lowbies in their way ) because they can and the are allowed to thats
    thats is no pvp sucking, no emotional problems, no cowardice, no other shitty excuse, they are just ganking to annoy player

the ganked either sucks it up , or log his main to huntt him down (rarely since you will find them on their flying mount when same lvl opponents are in the area , that adds to the annoyance:P ) or go to pve realm
    So there are only 2 reasons, to be a dick or to compensate for sucking against your own lvl =P

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    The whole pvp'd on a pvp server line is such bullshit these days. Back when WoW started, PVP servers had a purpose. They provided PVP for players since battleground access was limited, there was shit to do at levels before 60 and there were reasons to be outside of a main city. Now the only goal is to get to 90 ASAP. Twinking is dead (compared to what it used to be), and world PVP consists of 90s leveling profs/farming mats/being dicks killing low levels. That is not world PVP. That serves no purpose other than to frustrate the levelers. On more than 1 occasion when leveling with RAF (So 300% xp) both my friend and I just stopped playing for the day because of being repeatedly ganked while trying to quest. That's not good for the game. That makes people quit the game. WE had run ins with similar levels, sometimes we killed them, sometimes they killed us. But we never stopped playing because of it because there was some competition. With say 60 vs. 90 there is 0 competition. Hell, even if a 90 went afk for 10 minutes I doubt a 60 could kill him.

This whole notion that PVP servers these days serve some purpose other than to frustrate players and entertain the sort of community members that most would rather not have in this game is ridiculous. If what passes for world PVP these days is indeed legitimate pvp, why not merge all the BG brackets? 90 vs 19 is legitimate pvp right?
    <3

I agree...it's wrong when you can't even get to lvl 80 in your RAF period because of what wpvp has become

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post

Are you serious? Wow, such cluelessness astounds me.

NO WHERE did it say when you rolled on your PvP server did it say that there would be a fair fight every time you encountered a player of the enemy faction. Please, if you see that somewhere when you CHOOSE / KNOWINGLY Roll a PvP server, please tell me, i would really like you to point that out.

Your QQ fest is nill and void, because you continue to choose to play on a PvP server when you know the consequences of doing so.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by S2omegaS2 View Post
    So there are only 2 reasons, to be a dick or to compensate for sucking against your own lvl =P

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 01:34 PM ----------

<3

I agree...it's wrong when you can't even get to lvl 80 in your RAF period because of what wpvp has become
    I've leveled about 6 characters to 80 now with RaF, and ive been ganked only a handfull of times across all those characters. Your argument is invalid.