Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    ok FFS let me spell it out for you guys...

Until Wrath of the Lich King, during Burning Crusade, and Vanilla, which most fan boys say was the "BEST TIME EVAH!!!!" Lore was practically non existant. Aside from Quest Text you had NO FUCKING CLUE why we were there, or what was going on.

War of the Shifting Sands? Unless you did the entire Scepter Quest you had no clue about the back story of the whole ordeal going on. Naxx pretty much just showed up.

Don't get me started on Burning Crusade. Why the fuck would the alliance fight Gruul? he was an ally in the Manual. Why did we even fight Illidan? His mission was to destroy the burning legion. Sure his methods were shit, but couldn't we have been diplomatic and try to ally? The lore of BC made so little sense they had to RETCON the shit out of it during Legion.

Lore has always been secondary in this game.
    Even then, Blizzard had 5 novels written in the Warcraft universe prior to WoW being launched and about 2 per each expansion including Vanilla. Books are not a new thing with Blizzard and its games. Selective outrage once again.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Except Blizzard has nothing to do with COD4. Like Activision has nothing to do with WoW. ActivisionBlizzard is just a holding company for both Activision and Blizzard. Neither have say over the other.
    Believe that all you want but anyone who has watched things change since the merge knows that is a load of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    because back then they weren't property of activision, u know, the company whose greed almost single handedly destroyed entire video game industry
    and unlike what blizz fanboys like to claim that blizz has its own 'opinion', check how overwatch got green light, they literally had to make presentation to their higher ups in activision so they agree that blizz can make the game, activision control blizz, the guy who said his single wish is to remove fun from games is controlling blizz

as for 'facts' style, they did chronicles which is what u probably like, still not enough, and even then - as far i know - chronicles doesn't have any hint about G'hunn the fake 'old god' we will face in BFA so seems even if blizz claimed it will be final version of lore, they still sh8t on it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Except Blizzard has nothing to do with COD4. Like Activision has nothing to do with WoW. ActivisionBlizzard is just a holding company for both Activision and Blizzard. Neither have say over the other.
    Jeff flat out said that in order to make overwatch, they had to get permission from activision, Bobby Kotick is the ceo of activisionblizzard, the guy who is infamous for hating video games and see it only as source for cash and milking its idiot fans is the ceo of blizzard since 2009, check bobby kotick and u'll be surprised with how much he hates video games that u wonder why exactly he stays as ceo, then see his comments about money and u'll understand
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    I remember this. What great memories
    Hell, I remember taking those manuals to bed with me and using my lamp to keep reading even though I was supposed to be asleep. Good times.

It always amazes me how completely ignorant MMO-C is about how business works. Yeah, the people paying the bills don't call the shots. Sure. "But but but creative control!" And that's fine and dandy, create whatever you like! Of course, that assumes 1) You don't lose us customers, 2) It makes more than it costs, and 3) It ships when we say because we planned our fiscal strategy around that date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    I don't understand, for full AAA game costs + sub costs, we're still not entitled to the full lore of the game, we also have to buy books and comics outside the game to experience the full storyline and character development?

I remember reading the WC2 and WC3 lore manuals...christ it was like reading an abbreviated version of LOTR, even the units had descriptions and lore attached to them.

Hell, most of the lore you still see developed in this game to this day is from the WC3 lore manual. Azshara, titans, Suramar elves and Well of Eternity...why the fuck do we have to pay for lore now?

Back in pre-BC the game even had tons of in-game lore books you could read. I know that throwing money at the problem doesn't solve the issue but in this case...it kind of fucking does. You just need someone who knows how a keyboard works and a 1st grade ready comprehesion level to sit there and type this shit in game in a quest log or manual.
    because humanity developed on-line encyclopedias. like wikies.
    try it

Deleted
    Think that's the reason prop keep asking for a wc4 with a full manual to keep the lore going... Anyways I believe that outside game lore that seems to become in a shadow move Canon is hinted only in alleria/turalion, before the storm and not really sure we ain't gonna get some q dialogues in game cinematic covering that as well. Would be cool though if they at least gave a cool kindle kind of access to crucial canon/lore books whose events are not covered in game to those with a subscription.