Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    A big steaming pile of shit.

Blizzard is not the first, although it's the first for them to create huge cities in WoW. But those cities are pretty much empty with barely any quest around. The NPCs are a guard here, a guard there, some more npcs, but all of them generic, useless NPCs. And getting from one useless NPC to another takes forever.
    Compared to some huge cities out there in other MMORPGs, both Zuldazar and Boralus are crap and if you're actually impressed by what Blizzard created here, I call that fanboyism.

It's basically Orgrimmar/Stormwind on steroids, without the auction house, lol.
    Don't feel triggered, you didn't create them.
    Boralus is great, I just miss the AH. But the bank/inn/portals are very close together. There are plenty of zones in the city that are part of the story quest but you wont come there otherwise. And the art is perfect.

Horde city is just god damn awful. Should have been clear as soon as they implemented a flight path from point A to point B. Vaaaastly prefer the alliance city.

Deleted
    Both of them are stunning works of art.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atazs View Post
    They are good but i found Boralus to be pretty damn hard and annjoying to navigate and get around in
    Then you havent visited Dazar'alor.

They even made traveling my capital city time gated and time sunk. It's no accident the followers table is so far away. I just don't understand what they are getting out of wasting my time needlessly. They don't get more money for how many hours I play, it's unlimited.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    They're Jamaican accents, not Indian.
    Not sure if serious, but Jamaica is in the West Indies.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I have only leveled on the Horde side of the game. The Horde capital city seems pretty horrible to me. I think it is a time gated layout dressed up in gorgeous art. It seems to serve its design purpose very well with obstructions, few straight paths on quests/npc's, and lack of logical areas (UC and the rings, Org and distinct districts, etc). I actually feel relieved to hearth back to Dalaran or Orgrimmar. The artwork is lovely but it is a rotted meat on artisan bread sandwich to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why people dislike Dazar'alor. I dunno, I don't get lost on the city or anything.

I can't stand Boralus though. Looks like a boring city port to me
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Alliance The new cities are...

...amazing. I remember seeing Suramar for the first time and wishing we could have player cities so grand. Now we do!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I'm finally getting used to Horde one. Before that I found myself saying how much I hate the cities.

I mean - the city itself is pretty cool. I sometimes run around just checking the vendors, mapping out the 'slums' and other areas. It's very cool from an RP perspective. But I'm not very good with navigation (even in real life) and when trying to find something specific, I'd get lost and had to ask others or google it (for example I was looking for the enchanter trainer, saw the mark on the map but couldn't for the life of me figure where it was); that's where most of my frustration came from. Now that I've learned where everything is, it's not that bad - but I do have a stock of over 300 gliders because having to take 2 minutes to get to the scrapper is not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologist View Post
    Yeah there is. But then I would have to use my hearthstone to go back or wait for the boat. Fuck that shit, it takes me less time mailing it to one of my alts in Stormwind that doing that.
    wha..? Why would you need to wait for that Boat. Well i do because i like to use ist. But. Theres a Portal to Stormwind in Boralus and also a Portal to Boralus in the Magetower in SW so no need to use HS or wait
    This space could contain your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I'm finally getting used to Horde one. Before that I found myself saying how much I hate the cities.

I mean - the city itself is pretty cool. I sometimes run around just checking the vendors, mapping out the 'slums' and other areas. It's very cool from an RP perspective. But I'm not very good with navigation (even in real life) and when trying to find something specific, I'd get lost and had to ask others or google it (for example I was looking for the enchanter trainer, saw the mark on the map but couldn't for the life of me figure where it was); that's where most of my frustration came from. Now that I've learned where everything is, it's not that bad - but I do have a stock of over 300 gliders because having to take 2 minutes to get to the scrapper is not fun.
    That's the difference between a real city and a one-horse (one raptor?) town, right? You can memorize the layout of a small town in one visit, while a city feels like there is always more to explore - including stuff Blizz is planning for future patches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I don't get why people dislike Dazar'alor. I dunno, I don't get lost on the city or anything.

I can't stand Boralus though. Looks like a boring city port to me
    I was actually ships crew on an old schooner for a bit, and the smells and sounds of the harbor are very nostalgic for me. Boralus is the first city in WoW that really triggers those memories. I can smell the salt air when I'm there, and imagine how good that fresh catch is gonna taste when it's pan-seared just right with a few spices. And the parts of town! The nice market district, contrasted with the rough part of town where you're likely to hear "Wrong place wrong time!" as some thug tries to knife you... Boralus is great.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"