Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    Only setting that could help you would be turning down the 'expectation' bar.
    hahahahha that had me cracking up man Kudos

It looks allright. Im taking break from school 14th december and im traveling back home. Wont play wow until sometime in january. Will have lots of stuff to do then.

The holidays are right around the corner, perfect time to take 1 month break.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Technological improvements are not content.
    Hey I will take over useless content patch, seriously this game needs better optimization to play with the standars of smooth 60/144 fps

Boring content is the main issue, also no mention of Zandalari and Kuk'Tiran was a big slap in the face, many people are waiting for them in particular. Looks like March at the earliest to get them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Is this For DX12 only or also DX11?
    DX12 only. They said they'll try to get some improvements for DX11 but it's a lot more work with a smaller total increase in performance. It will be interesting to see how much performance will improve, especially on Nvidia cards that run faster in DX11 than DX12 at the moment.

As for the content of patch 8.1. It isn't that much because a lot of it will be unlocked in season 2. We'll get a small quest about Saurfang (horde only), new war campaign (total of about 2-3 hours, probably unlocked weekly), introduction quest for a new warfront, a new warfront, invasions (world quests) and 2 new islands. Everything else is unlocked in season 2 (raid, azerite armor improvements, mythic+ currency, higher ilvl rewards for all activities).

Technical improvements are fine, especially if you have a DX12 compatible GPU and Win10 but in the first week there's probably only 1-2 hours of new content and every week after that maybe 20-30 minutes of new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Hmm WoW to support muti-cpus man im excited for this.

I'm running with a 8700k 4.7ghz, 16gb ram and a GTX 1080 on a single 1080p 144hz monitor and I still don't get a consistent 60 fps from WoW lool

I keep wondering what setting do i need to turn down to get 60fps consistently.
    The three sliders in the lower-left.

I usually leave the middle one alone.

The top and bottom ones I crank down to 1 when doing Battlegrounds/Raids/Dungeons.

Why I get worse frame rates doing a dungeon than open world is beyond me.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Backend engine upgrades are not content.

Content isn't the only thing I find fun, classes being fun to play also play a factor and 8.1 isn't going to fix that, random % buffs to spells isn't going to make classes feel less clunky.

I'm running with a 8700k 4.7ghz, 16gb ram and a GTX 1080 on a single 1080p 144hz monitor and I still don't get a consistent 60 fps from WoW lool

That's weird, I have a 9600k (just a soldered 8600k) at 4.7ghz and a vega 64 and i tend to get a steady 80+

Edit: guess it could be something to do with DX12 and amd gfx cards.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-12-10 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That's weird, I have a 9600k (just a soldered 8600k) at 4.7ghz and a vega 64 and i tend to get a steady 80+

Edit: guess it could be something to do with DX12 and amd gfx cards.
    Yet you didn't mention what resolution or graphics setting you are playing on.

God forbid people want to be able to run a 14 year old game at 1440p and Ultra settings in 2018 on a $3000 gaming rig.

Yeah let's all celebrate multi-thread support. They've finally added it 14 years later after making billions of dollars. Thanks Blizzard!

Deleted
    God, just fuck off.

This isn't content you fucking retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    8.1 has a decent amount of content. But content is useless if:
    a) playing the content is crap because the gameplay is poor
    b) the rewards are not worth it or very furstrating to get
    c) Classes are mind numbingly boring to play

Quote Originally Posted by Gorillaz View Post
    Yet you didn't mention what resolution or graphics setting you are playing on.

God forbid people want to be able to run a 14 year old game at 1440p and Ultra settings in 2018 on a $3000 gaming rig.

Yeah let's all celebrate multi-thread support. They've finally added it 14 years later after making billions of dollars. Thanks Blizzard!
    1440p on 10, pretty much figured that was implied, hell my wife can get 60fps pretty stead on 7 at 1440p with a 5820k no OC and a 1080, figured it was pretty much a given though considering the post i quoted specifically MENTIONED 1440p
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-12-11 at 02:04 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    8.1 has a decent amount of content. But content is useless if:
    a) playing the content is crap because the gameplay is poor
    b) the rewards are not worth it or very furstrating to get
    ^found my thoughts

People suffer mostly not because of a lack of content, but because of system deficiencies as a whole. Will slaves like adding number/composition of plantations? I think it won't play special role for them
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2018-12-11 at 12:43 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Deleted
    Imagine the people who subbed back only to find a half hour of world quest to do. "The patch fixed everything guys! come back!" AHAHAHAHAHA

i thought i was the only one excited about this change, seems like a lot of people are not getting how big of a change this is!!!

Lowering the Environment Detail tends to be pretty effective at keeping FPS up for mid-high systems.