View Poll Results: Would you buy from in-game if you knew it would support community eSport?

Voters
35. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

4 11.43%
  • No!

25 71.43%
  • Unsure?

6 17.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Blizzard is just a cash grabbing greedy monstrosity. You pay for the game, you pay subscription and there is even a cash shop in the game and they still want more money.

A portion of the sale of these toys will contribute to the prize pools for both WoW esports programs.
    A PORTION? I mean I could maybe accept it if everything was spent on e-sports, but this is just so fucking obscure cash grab.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Snip
    Warehouse*
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this an out of season April's fool joke?
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    I'll never forget 13 years ago, reading an IGN interview with the devs about Burning Crusade, and the arenas, and Blizzard saying they wanted WoW to become an esport. At the time, as a 27 year old MMORPG player, I was like, wtf is an esport? Well, Blizz did it and never looked back. I learned that I like MMORPGs and not esports.
    This. The concerted effort to turn WoW into an esport has imho done a lot of harm to the game, starting by the introduction of arenas in BC (which were a pain in the ass to balance until very recently). Besides, I personally dgaf about MUH ESPURTZ in freaking WoW. SC2, HotS (rip) and HS are there for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Wonder why they didn't try something like this for HOTS before killing it off

Personally I've wondered why the narrative here hasn't focused on how this is the first cash shop toy, or how it's only a "portion"

edit: Oh there's a thread about that now, took a couple of days

10+ Year Old Account
    white knighting for a billion dollar corporation lol
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I don't care about the eSport side of WoW at all. It would change nothing for me if it were removed. Hell, it might even benefit me, as the WoW team can shift attention elsewhere.

But, I am not everyone. If having a better funded eSport side to this game brings in more players and helps the game thrive, then go for it. Do whatever is required to keep this WoW train on track.

I'm not a big fan of the store. But if the items are worth the money to me, I will buy them. If not, I will not. That simple. That said, I think it would benefit them greatly to make these things a lot cheaper than their current fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a duplicate thread, this was first but the other has more posts, so gonna close this one.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)