Thread: Old Combat Text

Old Combat Text

Any ideas how to revert floating combat text to a pre-7.0 state? I saw several old themes with no suggestions and curious may be something have changed in 8.3? I want my huge juicy crit numbers back, not this overlapping ugly mess that exists now.

Example: https://imgur.com/a/9Gaul

I would like to know as well.

unfortunately not possible

Another horrific and unnecessary change from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    That does not do anything OP wants.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

This deserves more traction. The game would be so much more enjoyable with the old floating damage numbers.

The reason why they changed it because it didnt support the amount of dmg ppl did. Things like eye beam on aoe just produces too many numbers.
    But i wish it was in the game as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    This deserves more traction. The game would be so much more enjoyable with the old floating damage numbers.

The reason why they changed it because it didnt support the amount of dmg ppl did. Things like eye beam on aoe just produces too many numbers.
    But i wish it was in the game as an option.
    i agree 100%

i looked up threads about this topic since 1~ year and there have been several on the official forums, i doubt however that blizzard ever really payed attention to any of them, they never replied anyways.

and i wonder why not a single floating combat text addon can provide the same effect to this day :S

Quote Originally Posted by lassner View Post
    i agree 100%

i looked up threads about this topic since 1~ year and there have been several on the official forums, i doubt however that blizzard ever really payed attention to any of them, they never replied anyways.

and i wonder why not a single floating combat text addon can provide the same effect to this day :S
    Because addons cannot render 3d (or 2d in this case) objects in the world, not ever since the AVR WotLK fiasco. It's simply impossible to do with an addon now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Because addons cannot render 3d (or 2d in this case) objects in the world, not ever since the AVR WotLK fiasco. It's simply impossible to do with an addon now.
    It's possible by anchoring to nameplates just like nameplate addons, but that means it'll only work for enemies in instances, so no healing numbers. Another issue is replicating the way the numbers move around, the anchoring is pretty crazy.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    It's possible by anchoring to nameplates just like nameplate addons, but that means it'll only work for enemies in instances, so no healing numbers. Another issue is replicating the way the numbers move around, the anchoring is pretty crazy.
    For static enemies, it looks acceptable. Some addons do it, but it's not the same as soon as the enemy moves.