Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    It could.

It wouldn't be the first time Chronicles gets thrown under the bus.

"Some believe that Freya wove the Emerald Dream into being from nothing. Others claim that this strange place had always existed in some form, a dream born from Azeroth’s slumbering world-soul. It is said that Freya tapped into this realm and molded what would become known as the Emerald Dream as a way to commune with the nascent titan."

It could always be interpreted as Freya molding this realm into being what it is today, rather than physcially creating it out of nothing. However, if we do take this into account, we'd have to be open to the idea that the Emerald Dream would be similar to Shadowlands in that it would be universal and inhabit all sorts of 'alien' life forms beyond what we know of on Azeroth. But then again, we know relatively little about the Emerald Dream so who knows.
    Exactly.
    If the Shadowlands existed since the first mortal was born then, the Emerald Dream existed since the first capable dreamer was born.

Knowing so little about the Emerald Dream is a good reason to have an Emerald Dream expansion. If they managed to pull off 6 different Shadowlands zones out of, basically, nothing then, they can do the same with the Emerald Dream. These would be:

"Dreams can have varying natures, such as being frightening, exciting, magical, melancholic, adventurous, or sexual."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerbrain View Post
    How about just expanding the covenants we have?

Ardenweald feels like 1/4th of what it should be, right now everything has the same winter/twilight setting, when it should have all four seasons represented, to fully enclose the circle of nature within one realm, so that would add a summer, fall and spring zones.

With this thinking you could add three zones for revendreth to represents the different hierarchically sins with the current zone as the top layer with the castle and the new ones going down to a upper-class zone to middle-class then some sort of ghetto zone.

Bastions three new zones could be a white marble city zone for citizens without wings, a light Naaru zone in the clouds with abstract enemies and bounce mechanics. And finally a arcane/time zone, where portals are everywhere and stairs going both up and down and upside-down, everything has the wrong size and time does not exist.

Maldraxxus could get a city of bones, clean, with slime controlled, where apothecary and necromancy skills are premiered. A military based zone with all the might of the covenant doing various drills on display, rivers of blood here. And to round it off a zone that has the classic scourge frost, frozen look.

After that, I would add a massive flipped/mirrored/twisted version of all this called "da other side".
    This is not a bad ide there is only 1 big issue,
    Blizzard needs to actually do content, and not just timegating stuff.
    I also see some problems with like bastion due to their way is very looked, seeing the foresworn basically just gets casted aside, and it is a faction i would rather follow under the leadership of Uther.
    Last edited by Thundering; 2021-01-23 at 10:11 AM.

I agree with you 100%

I want an afterlife where the mountains are made of ice cream, acres that grows swizzels giant fizzers, buildings made of chocolate and rivers of mountain dew.

The zone is named Fizzelspring and the Covenant are the luscious Bonbons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I've genuinely been having a blast with Shadowlands, but I gotta be honest; I feel like the Covenant choices are a little boring, other than Venthyr.

I *LOVE* Bastion and Ardenweald, both are gorgeous zones! But they also feel a bit "safe". I've been particularly disappointed with how the Night Fae have been presented; I'm pretty familiar with how "the Fae" are presented in other forms of media, and I was hoping to see a more sexed-up, ultra-violent, deceitful interpretation of them. Instead, they're really just "playful little fairy tricksters".

But past expansions have shown that Blizzard often adds entirely new zones to the game, and I expect Shadowlands will do the same. I'd be surprised if we saw another Covenant choice, but honestly I would love the addition, provided it's something cool and thematically unique!

So what kind of "afterlife" would you bring to the game? And what style of Covenant would you see accompanying it?
    Mechanical realm. We know machines in wow are sentient, or atleast range from non-sentient to sentient.
    turns out there is a realm all dead machines go.
    One of the major leaders is the flame leviathan.
    i am being totally serious here. i want an army of robotic souls running the machines of death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Ive always fancied an afterlife like a big arena. Where its basically a big ffa, kill or be killed.

And anyone you kill you steal that creatures life force and become more powerful.

So for some it will snowball, and once they snowballed to a certain degree, they can ascend back to life.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post

So what kind of "afterlife" would you bring to the game? And what style of Covenant would you see accompanying it?

Selfishly I'd like something that better resembles the concept of my BFA main, my affliction warlock who is based loosely on the "Void" concept from the sovereign stone trilogy, where Void was the absence of all elements, the hungry power of the eternal silence of death. This covenant would oversee those who had made bargains to know neither torment nor paradise after life, just silence for eternity. It'd be hard to represent this in aesthetic and art, but yawning vortexes of darkness and sounds of wind with palettes closer to actual black...

But WoW has its own definition of "Void" and it's not a death theme, and I respect that.

I think what is missing is something for the normal guy.
    Bastion is for selfless paragons, Maldraxxus for great warriors, Ardenweald for nature spirits and Revendreth for repentful sinners who have done someting real bad.
    Where do the normal people end up? Someone who just lives a normal live and then dies? Are they just transformed to anima immediatly?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Ive always fancied an afterlife like a big arena. Where its basically a big ffa, kill or be killed.

And anyone you kill you steal that creatures life force and become more powerful.

So for some it will snowball, and once they snowballed to a certain degree, they can ascend back to life.
    So maldraxxus?
    Cause thats how it works
    literally do so in the intro of the zone.
    (Except the transcend back to life, instead you become a margrave.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I think what is missing is something for the normal guy.
    Bastion is for selfless paragons, Maldraxxus for great warriors, Ardenweald for nature spirits and Revendreth for repentful sinners who have done someting real bad.
    Where do the normal people end up? Someone who just lives a normal live and then dies? Are they just transformed to anima immediatly?
    Yeah, there should be some kind of 'boring' town, that looks like wherever normal people live, except there's everything they could ever want, and
    no crime happens. And any friend/family you'd have who died would be living in a house somewhere in it that looks like the one you had in life. Pets would be there too!
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Yeah, there should be some kind of 'boring' town, that looks like wherever normal people live, except there's everything they could ever want, and
    no crime happens. And any friend/family you'd have who died would be living in a house somewhere in it that looks like the one you had in life. Pets would be there too!
    Could be an awesome zone if they do it right.