Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Using that logic, Wildstar should be one of the best if not the best MMORPG on the market. Remind me, how's that game doing at the moment?
    If group content was that game's focus then it obviously didn't do it well. All I remember of that thing is that it had these furry creatures and that as with all new MMOs people considered it the final WoW killer only for it to die a whimpering death.

Other then supporting my claim that no MMO past or present did group content better then WoW, what is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Source please. I'm tired of all these folks claiming that "WoW is number one", or contrariwise "WoW is dying" without bothering to produce even an ounce of evidence. Ditto for comparisons with other MMOs, since the last time I checked, there is no publicly available data from either Bethesda/Zenimax, Square Enix, or Arenanet - or Blizzard itself, while we're at it.
    I don't need any source. He claimed MMOs are closing in on WoW with no evidence.

An argument made with no evidence can be disregarded with no evidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitchens%27s_razor

This is basic logic.

But sure, I'll play ball. FF14 is the biggest MMO after WoW and they were recently bragging about having 25 mil lifetime players. WoW is estimated to have over 100 million.

Not satisfied with this either? Let's look at Google Trends, then.

What else you want me to link? Twitch? Youtube trailer views?

Let's talk about ESO which died so fast they had to go buy to play instead of sub-based.

there is no publicly available data from either Bethesda/Zenimax, Square Enix, or Arenanet - or Blizzard itself, while we're at it.
    The fact that all those games are not sub-based means they know they'd make less money ( read: have fewer players paying ). They aren't even competition. They're not in the same stratosphere.

Only FF14 is and even that one is way, way behind.

And WoW's an old game mind you. It's old enough to vote.
    Last edited by starstationprofm; 2021-05-25 at 11:11 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    <Irrelevant drivel>
    Btw, Google trends? Seriously? C'mon dude.

But sure, I'll play ball. FF14 is the biggest MMO after WoW and they were recently bragging about having 25 mil lifetime players. WoW is estimated to have over 100 million.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    FF14 is the biggest MMO after WoW and they were recently bragging about having 25 mil lifetime players. WoW is estimated to have over 100 million.
    Means exactly zero, nada, rien, zilch as of today. I know you'd like to convince yourself that WoW#1, but you'll need something else than that LOL
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-05-25 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Btw, Google trends? Seriously? C'mon dude.
    Hey if you got any data to support your statement that there's a bigger MMO than WoW I'm happy to hear it.

Trends, Twitch views, Youtube views, Twitter hits, Reddit sub numbers all prove towards WoW being bigger.

You seem to be arguing in bad faith so unless you got anything, talk to the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    One word: epeen.

A lot of people have a need to shore up their self esteem by talking down, and it's rarely the truly good ones that do so.

I mean there's a reason they keep adding higher difficulties while lower difficulties become easier / more trivialised / more abandoned over time.
    It's like with job titles, you need to keep the mediocre masses motivated by pretending they're getting better.

So yeah, the competitive scene is a bit like the Chief Executive button pressers of WoW.
    The fact that you willfully imply that blizzard is purposely trivializing low difficulty content more and more for “epeen” just shows your complete ignorance on how character progression functions in a game like wow. Think about it for even just 1 second, why should an enemy with like half the stats (normal) of what you’re typically fighting (anything above normal) give you equal challenge? That’s fucking dumb. And before you try, you can’t even pretend it’s some bs cooked up for more recent wow expansions and players. Stockades was “trivial” for people running UBRS. WoW has always had content that requires PCs to be stronger and when PCs become stronger, older content will become “trivial”. /ShockedPikachu