10+ Year Old Account

any way - in game- to know what spec a conduit is for before learning it?

after having learned countless not only useless but counter-productive conduits on at least one toon I've taken to only learning ones I intend to use. however, I can't find a way to show what specialization already acquired conduits are for. is there any in-game solution?

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    I've taken to only learning ones I intend to use.
    This isn't a good idea as the Conduit upgrade items will give you a Conduit upgrade you don't use.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

You've already been told why this is an awful idea (you'll just make the generic "upgrade lowest conduit items" discover the missing ones at minimum level and be a complete waste), but it also should be evident by what the conduit says it does. If it modifies and ability that is only for one of the other specs, it... isn't for the spec you're using. If it modifies an ability that is usable by your spec, it's for your spec.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    after having learned countless not only useless but counter-productive conduits on at least one toon I've taken to only learning ones I intend to use. however, I can't find a way to show what specialization already acquired conduits are for. is there any in-game solution?
    I mean the ones I have in my bags show the effect - like I have one on my warlock that mentions Demonic Tyrant - so I know that is for Demo. do you not have something similar?

Um, being familiar enough with your class to recognize what spec use the ability the conduit modified? A starsurge conduit is totally meant for guardians, amirite? As for your second point, terrible idea. The conduit upgrade items will just keep giving you like green 150s over and over if you ignore conduits you don't use.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Learn all conduits you pick up regardless of them being useful for your spec or not. When you later get those items that upgrade your lowest ilvl conduit, you don't want them wasted in upgrading some low ilvl conduit for spec you don't use.

How did you come up with this idea and why do you think it makes sense? Really bizarre.

You should absolutely learn every single conduit you get, for the following reasons:

1) If you don't learn a conduit, you will keep getting clones of it, which fills up your bags with unvendorable trash.
    2) You keep getting conduit rewards from certain places instead of other rewards (in WQs mostly). So a WQ that could give you an item upgrade or gold, will still give you a useless conduit.
    3) The conduit-upgrade items that you get randomly from Korthia as drops, as well as the new season high tier upgrades always upgrade your lowest conduit, so if you have unlearned conduits you will be getting those through the upgrade items first, thus wasting
    4) You don't "lose" anything by having useless conduits. You will just have more options to choose from in the socketing process.

As for the actual question...you mouseover the conduit and it tells you what it does. Based on that you should be able to guess what spec it is for. If a conduit buffs mortal strike or overpower, then you know it's for arms warrior rather than fury etc. Also, after you've learnt you will see them listed in your forge (or whatever it's called) and when you mouseover them there, it will say "Requires X specialization".

Or maybe you are not aware you have to put the conduits into the soulbind and that's what this thread is about? Just learning them doesn't do anything. You have to go to a special place in your sanctum to put them in and activate them.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Other than a basic understanding of your class and specialization, no, not really. There are a lot of conduits used by tank and healing specs that have universal utility across all specs of that class if the spell it affects is available to your specialization. Does it sound like it increases damage? DPS. Does it sound like it increases healing or the survivability of your raid? Healer. Does it sound like it increases your own survivability? Tank or PvP. As long as the spell is available to your spec, all conduits that affect it are "for" that spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    How did you come up with this idea and why do you think it makes sense? Really bizarre.

You should absolutely learn every single conduit you get, for the following reasons:

1) If you don't learn a conduit, you will keep getting clones of it, which fills up your bags with unvendorable trash.
    Also this. There is literally 0 consequence to "learning" and conduit you gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    to those that simply added pertinent information without condescending, thank you. to every one else it just tells me you don't play every class or you'd realize that countless specs share spells that conduits affect. as an example take my enchancement shaman -- swirling currents "healing stream totem increases the healing of your next three healing surge, healing wave and riptide spells" would obviously make a fantastic defense conduit especially in conjunction with the healing surge conduit I can use but it's a potency conduit for restoration. and while riptide could have been a giveaway it could have also just been there for restoration which the conduit could have theoretically also worked for. it's all apparently a moot point given the other and only useful conduit information mentioned in the thread but with so many 'really doesn't add shit' conduits I really wanted to get the most out of them but as it stands it's mostly "shrug, I guess that'll do."

as far as the upgrade items - this is why I thought it was a good idea as to not upgrade low level conduits I had no interest in, had they put the "can be used to uncover unlearned conduits" in the use text rather than flavor text I wouldn't have overlooked it. claims that conduits will stop showing up as rewards once you've learned them - assuming accurate- is information I should have been able to garner in game where exactly? I know it sure seems like I'm getting conduits I've already learned left and right including higher ilvl ones - I definitely have condensed anima sphere in the bags of toons who have already learned it- but I guess that's just me. I use wowhead and here to no end but wowhead's databasing has really seemingly gone to shit lately and there definitely seems to be far fewer helpful comments there than there once was as well.
    Last edited by terminaltrip421; 2021-07-25 at 01:01 AM.