Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Just because they're the most popular doesn't mean they're the best.
    Especially if you look at relatively low keys like 15s. If you instead use all 25s or higher, you have hunters as the lowest participating dps class except for DK, at 1.6% total. Or if you look at all keys it's 13.6%

Again, just because it's brought to a key or used, does not mean it's the best
    as long as people have fun it doesnt matter

and lets be honest here. you can do +20s on absolutely any spec / class in game.

and if you cannot - thats "you " issue.

anything above +20s timed is meaningless as its only for flexing your e-pen if you dont play to make money on streaming or participate in MDI for cash .

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    as long as people have fun it doesnt matter

and lets be honest here. you can do +20s on absolutely any spec / class in game.

and if you cannot - thats "you " issue.

anything above +20s timed is meaningless as its only for flexing your e-pen if you dont play to make money on streaming or participate in MDI for cash .
    And, honestly, if you're getting declined for keys to the point you feel like making a post about it, the issue is almost certainly your gear or M+ rating. Maybe I'm off, but I get the feeling that people who are doing 20+ keys know they are or are not meta and either live with it, re-roll, or play with friends.

If the OP is running any thing lower than 18s, then I'd bet they're attempting to apply to keys that they don't have the rating and/or gear for. There are enough groups out there that I can find them as a Havoc DH and there certainly isn't much recommending us over any other class at the moment. We do good AOE, but so do classes that bring way more utility.

Edit -

I'm not doing +20s, so I genuinely don't have any idea what LFG looks like at that rating. I don't particularly care what it looks like at that rating because M+ is a side activity for me.
    Last edited by Thirtyrock; 2023-06-05 at 10:59 PM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What's hilarious is you entering a discussion you can't even comprehend, because no where did anyone say hunters can't do the keys. We are talking about reasons to bring a hunter.

Utility? No, Spriest, both shaman specs, both druid specs, Rogue and Ret are all better at this.
    Lust? No, Devoker, both shaman specs and arguably 2 mage specs are better if you need a lust dps not to mention Resto Sham and Pres both being solid healers that bring it.
    Damage? No, tons of specs have better overall throughput.

So the only reason to bring a hunter is when they are the best applicant. Dependent on player skill/resume and nothing to do with the fact they are playing a hunter.

You shouldn't enter big boy discussions when your reading comprehension is at a grade school level. You could time high keys on Rets prior to their rework in season 1, doesn't mean there was a good reason to bring one. You completely miss the point.
    Stop talking. The point is hunters are there, no one cares who the hell you yourself bring, you are a minority, an annoying minority. If you don't want to bring a hunter over someone else because of an arbitrary issue that doesn't exist go ahead, I'm going to be bringing the best players that can do the mechanics of each dungeon and 10% of the time it's a hunter. Have fun staying at 2k
    Last edited by Phob; 2023-06-05 at 11:00 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by compass81 View Post
    Sure, we bring bloodlust but everything you said, a boomkin can do that too with better healing and survivability. Ret paladins have better immunity cds and defensives.
    you seem to be looking for a reason to not play hunter so why dont you just not play hunter. blah blah blah other classes can do that, stop crying

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    No, that wasn't the question this discussion started with. It started with "Is there no reason to bring the hunter..."(paraphrased) and there clearly are reasons to bring hunters. The question YOU'RE addressing is "Why would you bring hunters OVER all other classes" to which the answer is "Not much, if you're trying to build the best most meta group possible".

You are moving the goalposts.

- - - Updated - - -

All of those are reasons to bring a hunter. Are they reasons to bring hunters OVER those classes, no. But that's a stupid goalpost. What reason is there to bring me, a Demon Hunter to any given key? There's tons of classes with better this, that, or the other. But that doesn't mean there's no reason to bring a DH.
    In all fairness, in the very OP they list specs they're comparing hunters to, some of which are the top meta to bring

So the question has very much been from the start "why bring a hunter over other specs"

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    In all fairness, in the very OP they list specs they're comparing hunters to, some of which are the top meta to bring

So the question has very much been from the start "why bring a hunter over other specs"
    I mean, if that's the question, it's a dumb one. Not all specs can be the best.

as a bm hunter myself im not surprised when i get ignored completely for the 18-20 section at 2500 score as ret has the better immunity theres others wiht better cc our tranq shot is a joke compared to druids soothe mage ans shammy can lust as well only thing id say we have going for us is being able to fight while moving as our survivability is a joke once we get past 18

if i wasnt a hunter my self i most likely wouldn't be taking 1 once i get to the 18 mark