I really like viktor. He's underplayed and very strong in lane, and a decent ganker too. But he falls off pretty hard late-game, partly because of his stupid unique item taking up an item slot, but also because his cooldowns are pretty huge. If he can't combo you down in one go, then he doesn't do much for the rest of the fight, and he has no escapes...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Who needs an escape when you have Gravity Field? One of, if not the, most powerful self peels in the game?

Deleted
    Zed still viable? I do love the melee assasin style.

(:

15+ Year Old Account
    I have 6400 IP, I can buy just about anything (but I have a lot already).

I'm debating one of the below:

Fiora
    Zed
    Quinn
    Viktor
    Fizz

All of them kind of appeal, well played Zed's and Fizz's seem like a lot of fun. I played Quinn a couple times during her free week and she can do a Lot once you get used to her (her kicks over walls or to escape fights, or to chase) - turning into a melee bird is interesting ^^

My friend swears by Fiora (but then he plays a Combat Rogue in WoW, and Fiora is basically a combat rogue), so she has some appeal (plus I'm on a fencing team!).

I played Viktor a long time ago and once I got used to his oddness, I actually really liked his combos.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    I really, really, really, really like playing Fiora... but I can't justify buying her right now

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest Fizz or Viktor. I'm partial to the fish. He's a lot of fun and I like his attitude. Viktor is fairly strong, but so wonky that he takes a lot of effort to get right. Most people don't want to invest that much effort when there's other champions that have easier returns.

Fiora is okay, but most people just want to play her top or jungle and in a team setup where she doesn't work. She's best suited for mid and in fairly specific team comps. She's too limited for my tastes as it is hard to make her work.

I can't play Zed to save my life. I'm just not skilled enough mechanically and it pisses me off that I'm fumbling on a champion. I mess up shadows and his ult combo. He's very demanding mechanically to get to decent level.

I kind of like Quinn, but she has no place to go currently. She gets demolished in botlane. Her natural habitat should be top lane where she can deal with auto attack reliant champions (due to blind and creating a gap / interrupt), but currently she just gets demolished there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fizz/Zed are best options here I see
    As far I know, Fiora got nerfed that most ppl can easily bully her in-lane, Viktor is not bad but not Fizz/Zed lvl, Quinn is an adc who isn't trying to adc (if u play her u will understand what i mean)
    Fizz problem is his ulti, while Zed problem is late-game he can't do a lot in team fights unless ur team is fed, he won't get to the squishy back-line alive usually

I just tried Trundle top due to his free week and bought him and wow, what a buy.

For one, Renekton. Everyone hates him: that safe pick who is just a massive pain to fight in lane, who out-sustains and outdamages most champions I play. I play several top champions but none of them do well against Renek. Until now. Trundle absolutely owns him, and it's frickin sweet. Early he wins, and as soon as they hit 6, Trundle just eats Renek, as Trundle's ultimate totally counters Reneks. He also pushes monstrously hard. From about lvl 7/8 onwards, if they go back and leave you near their tower for just 20 seconds, their tower goes down and there is nothing they can do about it. I recently had a 5/7 game. But I had the highest farm in the game, 4 towers, and 3 inhibs pushed. All 3 towers in my opponents lane were down before a single other turret on the map was destroyed. Sure, Trundle can be countered, but he's so solid. Outdamages most champs early (esp if you can engage on frozen ground). Outsustains just about every single one. Pushes harder then any top I've ever seen. If you get a solid engage or chase with Frozen Ground + Pillar, there is nothing they can do. Love this guy.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

I know this thread is 250 pages old, but it really bothers me that the quotations in the title include the word "thread." The end quote should totally be after the word "buy" D=

New looking for some champion advice

Currently I have tried out a few of them and I really like Jinx and Ashe. Any others that have a similar play style? I tried out sivir as well and like him he just doesnt have a stun/slow. Really looking for ranged DPS with AoE and a stun/slow that are fun to play. I realize that jinx is free this week so i wont have her for much longer so looking for a replacement. I can use ashe but she seem popular so looking for others that are similar that i can play when she is taken.

I am only a level 6 in the game and currently just playing the people vs bot game. When should I try a pvp?

- - - Updated - - -

I just tried out annie for a few games and she was pretty fun. this may be the character i go with. anyone else with similar play styles to annie, ashe, jinx?

You should try Caitlyn, Varus, maybe Vayne (a bit harder to play, maybe leave her for 'later')

It seems like you really enjoy AD Carries/marksmen (and Annie) so try them all when they're in rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by baldbull View Post
    Really looking for ranged DPS with AoE and a stun/slow that are fun to play.
    Brand. Ziggs. Veigar. Anivia. Malzahar. Miss Fortune. Orianna.

Brand and Ziggs are my personal favorites out of that bunch

Deleted
    got a 3rd runepage yesterday too have more options how to play different champs, so i was wondering how i should construct this page. Got a "adc" page with 2 lifesteal quints and AD reds, the sec page is more a "ap" page with magic pen reds and ap quints.

But more on topic, i was looking to expand my champion pool, i'm looking for a nice "carry char" who can do more roles (like mid/top/ jungle) and does great for soloQ.
    A advice for a third runepage with the char is also welcome

10+ Year Old Account
    Khazix fit as top, mid, jungle and can carry, Zed fit as top, mid and carry, Yi can fit top and jungle and carry (also not that good at lane)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fearchanges View Post
    got a 3rd runepage yesterday too have more options how to play different champs, so i was wondering how i should construct this page. Got a "adc" page with 2 lifesteal quints and AD reds, the sec page is more a "ap" page with magic pen reds and ap quints.

But more on topic, i was looking to expand my champion pool, i'm looking for a nice "carry char" who can do more roles (like mid/top/ jungle) and does great for soloQ.
    A advice for a third runepage with the char is also welcome
    If you jungle, a rune page with attack speed reds and movement speed quints can work for a lot of junglers.

who can do more roles (like mid/top/ jungle) and does great for soloQ
    Khazix, the broken one.
    LeeSin, Khazix bro.
    Wukong, third on list.

Wukong is pretty decent. Good jungler and awesome midlaner vs squishy ap's. People dont except you to do so much damage to them, so you have the element of surprise i quess.

As for toplane, he's a bit meh atm. Wukong isnt that great against tanky champions, and toplane meta is currently supertanks. You'll do decent against Mundo pre 9 or so, but then you'll just get raped. And Shyvana, Trundle and Renekton just rape you instantly.

Deleted
    J4 is fun too in that case. Midlane you 3 shot half the AP's. Toplane you're decent, and he's still a damn great jungler.

lee sin senpai pls notice me

Deleted
    Hi there,

I am currently looking for a good champion who is a fringe character. What I mean by that is I want one that not many people know how to counter due to it not coming up much. If the champion is quite good that is a bonuis too!

I currently play mostly Teemo top- Teemo mid - Wukong jung or Soraka supp. I need to expand and if anyone has experience of playing a fringe char to good success by suprising people - please let me know. I don't mind ability or attk pwr and can work around a range or melee

Thanks