Quote Originally Posted by Tankercow View Post
    The runes are going to be completely useless once you hit 30 because they're tier 1 (or 2, can't remember). Go with the Champions Bundle. It has way more decent champions for what you're spending.
    The runes are tier 3, but they're just not good runes, and you only get like 4 total.

As for the bundles, I'd get the digital collectors one first, and then champions bundle afterwards. Collectively, they also cover all the champions in the gamer's choice pack, and give you a lot of options to play with. Ryze, Janna, Morgana and Zilean are all highly sought after champions, so learning those would be a very good first start.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    fixt.

--

Naw, couldn't resist.

Just wondering though, with your selection you already have a couple solid choices. Any particular reason you're looking for a new jungler?

I'd be a bit hesitant about Udyr, not because he's bad, but because he's got quite the spotlight at the recent IPL games, which is going to lead to an influx of bad Udyrs.
    Still doesn't change the fact that Udyr is better at both roles.

Hey fellas,

Started playing LoL two days ago and I'm level 8.
    Now I've spent IP's buying Garen and Kayle but I haven't played Kayle that much because it's a support class and I hate support and Garen is fcking OP when you get the goodies and higher levels. But now I want to try something else, been playing some games with Xin Zhao and it's nice and all but as Garen and because it's a melee, need goodies to actually starting doing insane dmg with insanely good survivality.

Now I'm a melee guy I like to rush through stuff and rip them apart. Would you advise me on which champion suits my needs?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbliss View Post
    Hey fellas,

Now I've spent IP's buying Garen and Kayle but I haven't played Kayle that much because it's a support class and I hate support and Garen is fcking OP when you get the goodies and higher levels. But now I want to try something else, been playing some games with Xin Zhao and it's nice and all but as Garen and because it's a melee, need goodies to actually starting doing insane dmg with insanely good survivality.

Now I'm a melee guy I like to rush through stuff and rip them apart. Would you advise me on which champion suits my needs?
    He's a couple I would think you'll like.

Master Yi
    Jax
    Olaf
    Fiona
    Volibear
    Wukong
    Renakton (SP?)
    Udyr

There are a couple more to this list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbliss View Post
    Hey fellas,

You are looking for Tryndamere. Got survivability, got thing to rush through stuff(and walls), got thing to rip enemy apart, got thing to slow enemy, the lower your health is, the higher your attack damage gets. And is immune to death for 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by s3ki View Post
    You are looking for Tryndamere. Got survivability, got thing to rush through stuff(and walls), got thing to rip enemy apart, got thing to slow enemy, the lower your health is, the higher your attack damage gets. And is immune to death for 5 seconds.
    This. Trynd is a great pick.

Kayle is so much more than a support. You will win every lane up until you meet people with a brain, which Im guessing is gonna be quite a while since ur level 8. The damage + slow is just too much for people. You 5 shot people with E at level 1. After you get a couple of kills and hit 6, you be 3v1ing bitches.

AND getting buffed.

Deleted
    Hey guys i need this answering before April 13 pl0s
    So i have 1800 RP and don't know whether to wait until the new champion comes out and get the champion+1 skin bundle or get pantheon.
    Is Pantheon good at AD carry?
    And when do you guys think the new champion will be out ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowAydin View Post
    So i have 1800 RP and don't know whether to wait until the new champion comes out and get the champion+1 skin bundle or get pantheon.
    In my opinion, I think that the new champion probably will be meh. If I were you i'd play some free to play champs and see what you like first before considering buying anything. And of course the sales.

And, pantheon isn't an ad carry. he's an assassin/bruiser (dependant on your build).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowAydin View Post
    I too think that the new champion will not be the best. But Pantheon is not an AD carry, as said, he's a high risk high reward assassin.

Please forgive my noobishness, but I just started playing this game yesterday so I have almost no idea what is going on in this thread and I'm just looking for some help in buying my first couple of champions.

I'm just looking for what will be the most fun to play possibly given my previous gaming experience. I played Boomkin on WoW for 7 years so I think I'd enjoy a ranged champion, but they should probably be really good at getting away and living rather than maxing damage as I'm learning.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated, but also please don't use too many acronyms on me if you can help it when explaining, still trying to figure out what stuff means. PS: What does AD mean? Thx.

10+ Year Old Account
    AD = Attack Damage, generally either a Melee Champion or, more commonly, a Ranged damage deal doing physical attacks (think: WoW hunter)
    Similarly, AP = Ability Power, generally speaking a Mage type champion.

For now, I wouldn't advise you to buy any of the champions. Play some of the freeby ones and get a feel for what you like. Anne and Ryze are two very cheap and effective caster champions, so if you're dead set on buying something now, those may be valid choices.

I like to play melee heroes like sion,gp etc. And i'm looking for another hero or possibly 2 since i got about 12.5kip. I was thinking about Jax, but it seems that according to the guides i read, he's a hybrid? I was thinking of maybe the atmog+tf combi on him. Anyone heres play Jax that can share me some insight on him? Another hero that i'm also considering is poppy.

I'm looking for a solo top champion. I'd like quite a bit of CC and the ability to escape from sticky situations like a gank, getting caught in a bad position, etc. Would like to be a viable option for atmogs combo, along with probably a GA and/or Maw of Malmortius. I have Riven currently but she's kinda bouncy and all over the place. Also don't really like her passive and how she doesn't have any built-in sustain. Also must do well late game. Any recommendations?

Basically, a tanky solo top champ with quite a bit of CC, self sustain, and the ability to escape from ganks.

Deleted
    @Polyman
    Try Annie, her every fifth spell is stun, has single target nuke that refunds mana if you kill enemy unit with it, so its super awesome for early farming. Short range cone attack, shield that boosts her defensive stats, and returns damage to attacker, and as ultimate, aoe, that does shitload of damage, spawns huge bear that burns enemy and melee them. And her auto attack range is HUGE. Something like Infernal form WoW.
    Shes great caster for starting, easy to learn. Shes not too good at running, but her survivability in fights is acceptable.

@Malgru
    I was going to suggest Riven, but you already have her. You could try out Renekton. It has only 1 stun, but great sustain and double dash for running away.
    Really tanky Irelia might be what you are looking for.
    Garren-great sustain, low cd silence, free defensive stats, and spin that reduces slows by 50% and removes them on use.
    Lee Sin- dashing all around, shield, crazy slow, knock back. But hes usually banned or picked for jungle.
    Jarvan IV- slow, knock up and dash ability, and his ultimate. Have no idea if he can be built the way you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    I like to play melee heroes like sion,gp etc. And i'm looking for another hero or possibly 2 since i got about 12.5kip. I was thinking about Jax, but it seems that according to the guides i read, he's a hybrid? I was thinking of maybe the atmog+tf combi on him. Anyone heres play Jax that can share me some insight on him? Another hero that i'm also considering is poppy.
    He used to be more of a hybrid than he is now. Atmogs works, but don't think TF is the way to go really. Personally I liked his old incarnation better, but that's me. He's still pretty darn solid especially about 15 minutes in with some farm.

As to Poppy, she's really an acquired taste. Very hard to farm with, which is on purpose as she's insanely dangerous when fed. If nothing else, she's an awesome pick for Dominion but does require a bit of help/luck in SR with regards to team/match up.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    So, I am actually pretty good at support characters. My favorite is probably Janna (I will piss folks off with random tornadoes from bushes all day, it never gets old), but I also really enjoy Lulu and Karma.

My problem is that I tend to suck at most other types of characters. I can't seem to get consistent kills on any toon, and if I'm not support this is frowned upon. I play defensively usually so that is good for not feeding and feeding my own teammates, but you are supposed to be agressive a lot of the time too. And if someone is insistent on playing support before I pick then I am kind of sol (multiple supports at once is bad right?)

Any recommendations? I haven't found a melee character I like at all yet (well, mayyyyybe Nasus but I rage a lot on him because people always seem to complain I am farming minions too much mid game while at the same time last hitting all the ones at the start so I can't build up Soul Strike>.> It's kind of a catch-22 that I can't figure out yet). I kind of like Twisted Fate, but I don't think I am very good with him yet (I can't seem to ever "gank" properly with his teleport) and I am not sure how good I will get with him. I need more toons to pick from. I have tried/bought a lot of other ranged and try a lot of melee when they rotate to free but can't seem to find anything that really suits me.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Kenai; 2012-04-12 at 05:34 PM.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

10+ Year Old Account
    Soraka mid? Karma support top when you don't have jungler? Lulu or Lux mid?

Nautilus or Alistar jungle?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    So, I am actually pretty good at support characters. My favorite is probably Janna (I will piss folks off with random tornadoes from bushes all day, it never gets old), but I also really enjoy Lulu and Karma.

My problem is that I tend to suck at most other types of characters. I can't seem to get consistent kills on any toon, and if I'm not support this is frowned upon. I play defensively usually so that is good for not feeding and feeding my own teammates, but you are supposed to be agressive a lot of the time too. And if someone is insistent on playing support before I pick then I am kind of sol (multiple supports at once is bad right?)

Any recommendations? I haven't found a melee character I like at all yet (well, mayyyyybe Nasus but I rage a lot on him because people always seem to complain I am farming minions too much mid game while at the same time last hitting all the ones at the start so I can't build up Soul Strike>.> It's kind of a catch-22 that I can't figure out yet). I kind of like Twisted Fate, but I don't think I am very good with him yet (I can't seem to ever "gank" properly with his teleport) and I am not sure how good I will get with him. I need more toons to pick from. I have tried/bought a lot of other ranged and try a lot of melee when they rotate to free but can't seem to find anything that really suits me.

Thoughts?
    My advice to you is to keep on trying champs until you find some you like. Like Nasus in your case, If you like playing him, get him.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Soraka mid? Karma support top when you don't have jungler? Lulu or Lux mid?

Nautilus or Alistar jungle?
    I still don't know what to do as a "jungler". I am very new still, been playing...3 weeks? I just found out what a leash was like 4 days ago lol.

I understand the red/blue buffs, but do they just level on mobs in the jungle and then use those levels + buffs to gank half dead opponents in lanes?

I have heard Soraka was quite dangerous though, I will try her next.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?