Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kieble View Post
    Biggest thing I noticed is you're reforging into Crit. That's a big no no. Haste to 2005 > mastery = spirit if you have mana problems > crit. Never reforge to crit.
    As druids go, crit is actually quite good. For dps, crit is technically equal to dmg in the sense that 1% crit = 1% dmg. Ofc, exactly the same thing can't be applied to healers as everyone's always so "crit is never there when you need it" bla bla bla. Imo, that's bull ;P With the crit meta(which is the best one in BiS gear imo) you'll have more out of crit than mastery as it'll be a 1.03% which isn't much, but atleast something.

And IMO, critting with swiftmend and getting a critical garden is far more valuable than having a slightly better one every time, in my experience. Ofc, garden doesn't actually benefit from crit, but mastery, but that's another discussion ;P

EDIT: And as for Moonglow VS Furor. They're quite equal in theory. BUT, if you have a priest, Furor is always better due to hymn of hope(especially if you time it with Innervate). And once you surpass around...7400 int or something, furor is always better as it scales with int very nicely ;P

---------- Post added 2012-02-10 at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ciaro View Post
    Gear is looking pretty good, but you should really consider using epic gems in BiS items. And also, +65 mastery on gloves would give you 15 more secondary stat points in total which would be better, since 2005 haste is easily reachable anyway.
    I haven't done any testing on this myself, but everyone's telling me that Moonglow always comes out ahead of furor.
    btw, do you really need that much spirit?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eligobb/simple
    Here's my druid, only healing 10mans. Gonna start heroics this week, looking for pointers with talents.
    Dispel is needed, and Nature's bounty is pretty powerful when 1 healing Morchok's twin.
    Atm I'm swapping between glyph of WG and innervate, but I gotta admit that innervate glyph has been really useless to me. Don't think I've used it even once.
    I also gotta say that I rarely oom with my current trinkets, so should I reforge crit>spirit?
    As for the epic gems, my economy sucks, but I'm getting there ;P And spirit is just my preference. Gonna see if I can work it away, but I'm not really in a hurry atm ;P
    The only thing Nature's bounty would be good for on solo healing Morchock would be for the Regrowth part, which IMO isn't worth it. I roll Rejuvs on everyone, and WG after each Stomp. Nourish is not usable, especially there. Only thing I currently Nourish on is..Madness ;P
    As for your trinkets, you should do with them as what you do with gems. As much int as possible. I was lucky and got both heroic jaws and heroic Eye, from FL. But gonna replace Eye with Windward heart when it drops. Jaws is IMO too good to go away, so I'd farm it...Even now ;P Personally, I hate proc trinkets, as you never seem to get the full benefit from them. Hots need to be reapplied to get the full benefit etc etc etc
    Last edited by Moryton; 2012-02-10 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moryton View Post
    As druids go, crit is actually quite good. For dps, crit is technically equal to dmg in the sense that 1% crit = 1% dmg. Ofc, exactly the same thing can't be applied to healers as everyone's always so "crit is never there when you need it" bla bla bla. Imo, that's bull ;P With the crit meta(which is the best one in BiS gear imo) you'll have more out of crit than mastery as it'll be a 1.03% which isn't much, but atleast something.

And IMO, critting with swiftmend and getting a critical garden is far more valuable than having a slightly better one every time, in my experience. Ofc, garden doesn't actually benefit from crit, but mastery, but that's another discussion ;P
    Though Crit is nice to have for SM, it isn't a heavy throughput. Mastery will always trump it. That's why you should never be reforging to it over anything. The ratio of importance will always be different based on your gear, but if you use RAWR, or Tree Calcs, mastery will come out on top, since it affects all spells and double dips on some.
    Haste Breakpoint Calculator! -------- CTC Calculator!

Sig by Elyaan | My Work | Que: 3 | PMs: OPEN

From a gear standpoint, I see nothing brazenly wrong (missing a chimera's eye, 65 mastery to gloves)
    Your spec, in my opinion, doesn't seem ideal- particularly along with your dual throughput trinkets (though they are nice), no t12 2pc, and reforging out of spirit. It gives me the impression that you may end up struggling with mana while healing some of the more lengthy/strenuous heroics* (Warlord, Hagara, Warmaster and onward) since you are missing out on moonglow/furor. Having a more flexible mana pool can come in quite handy anyway. Also, I would take the point out of BotG and place it in Living Seed. In theory, living seed should just about always provide more throughput-per-point (http://theincbear.com/living-seed-replacement) I'd be curious to see logs, though.

Glyphs: Use glyph of healing touch, since you're specced into NG. Wild growth glyph is of course debatable, but I find it preferable in most situations.

*referring to 10 man

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...couse/advanced
    Last edited by Scouse; 2012-02-16 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    From a gear standpoint, I see nothing wrong (though you're missing a chimera's eye).

Your spec, in my opinion, doesn't seem ideal- particularly along with your dual throughput trinkets (though they are nice), no t12 2pc, and reforging out of spirit. It gives me the impression that you may end up struggling with mana while healing some of the more lengthy/strenuous heroics* (Warlord, Hagara, Warmaster and onward) since you are missing out on moonglow/furor. Having a more flexible mana pool can come in quite handy anyway. Also, I would take the point out of BotG and place it in Living Seed. In theory, living seed should just about always provide more throughput-per-point (http://theincbear.com/living-seed-replacement) I'd be curious to see logs, though.

Glyphs: Use glyph of healing touch, since you're specced into NG. Wild growth glyph is of course debatable, but I find it preferable in most situations.

*referring to 10 man

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...couse/advanced
    I personally think you have WAY too much regen. Both moonglow AND furor, and no genesis which is a BIG talent to take. In your gear I'd take one more point in Furor and lose Moonglow for Genesis. And Blessing of the Grove actually increases your gardena as Swiftmend heal is based on Rejuv heal(or so logic dictates) making it better than Living Seed, IMO. And Living seed is such a lackluster talent unless you've atleast already taken Genesis, and then it's only really useful for Regrowth (if you have 3/3 Nature's Bounty) and even then it seems like a waste of 3 talent points. Also, you're obviously doing DS heroics, you've probably done FL ones. I'd go get the neck of Majordomo as it is currently BiS, and the trinket from Alysrazor isn't bad, unless you can get your hand on Windward Heart.

I'm very bad with rating, but I'll give what I can!
    Firstly, I'm gonna assume you're raiding 10mans, as your guild only ha 21 members ;p
    I'd lose Blessing of the Grove and take Genesis instead if you want to keep your mana at bay.
    I'd also suggest switching Moonglow with Furor, especially if you're running with a priest in the raid.
    Get rid of heart of unliving, int is ALWAYS better. If you need more spirit, I'd get that from reforges instead. And as I said before, you don't have genesis, yet you focus heavily on mastery (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, ofc).
    And if you are raiding 10mans, I'd get rid of Nature's Bounty. Only fights I'd consider that for would be Blackhorn and Zon'ozz (for the regrowth part of it).
    So my ultimate suggestion is, Moonglow to Furor, get rid of Nature's bounty in favour of Genesis (keeping both Blessing of the Grove and Genesis for uber rejuv), getting rid of Heart of Unliving, and then ofc blancing out your regen accordingly.

My druid: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...izdom/advanced
    I will give you 6/10 . I honestly don't understand druids who run with high spirit no moonglow and Go for Genisis again with low mastery .
    It's complete through put loss i feel .
    If u raiding 25's then i might be wrong but as 10's this is completely wrong i feel .

Here is mine :

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...acwin/advanced
    With Alchemy 80 int i have total of 10.7k sp unbuff .
    Last edited by nooty; 2012-02-11 at 02:02 AM.

I personally think you have WAY too much regen. Both moonglow AND furor, and no genesis which is a BIG talent to take. In your gear I'd take one more point in Furor and lose Moonglow for Genesis. And Blessing of the Grove actually increases your gardena as Swiftmend heal is based on Rejuv heal(or so logic dictates) making it better than Living Seed, IMO. And Living seed is such a lackluster talent unless you've atleast already taken Genesis, and then it's only really useful for Regrowth (if you have 3/3 Nature's Bounty) and even then it seems like a waste of 3 talent points. Also, you're obviously doing DS heroics, you've probably done FL ones. I'd go get the neck of Majordomo as it is currently BiS, and the trinket from Alysrazor isn't bad, unless you can get your hand on Windward Heart.
    **response post

I think you have misunderstood the mechanic of Swiftmend. It consumes hots (unless glyphed) and heals the target for X. The direct heal is not linked to the amount of healing your Hots are doing.
    Both BotG and Living seed are rather insignificant, however, BotG's bonus stacks additively instead of multiplicatively, meaning that BotG actually only buffs Rejuv by 2.55-2.66%. According to math and world of logs data, this talent just isn't what it's cracked up to be. 3 points in nature's bounty is ideal, but I can't afford to lose the ability to dispel for the time being (hag, warlord, spine). Despite only having two points in this talent, my relatively frequent use of regrowth still makes LS a more appealing choice.

My regen (minus talents) is actually on the lower end, considering my gear -I have reforged out of nearly 1.1k spirit, leaving me with 2.3k (4360mp5).

My reasoning:
    1. The mastery that I gained is far more beneficial than the benefit from genesis.
    2. The benefit from furor/moonglow is far more beneficial than the sprit that I lost.
    3. On later fights in heroic DS, longevity is essential.

I believe "Too much" regen only occurs when you are sacrificing everything else in place of it, that is, not attempting to maintain a balance between mana and throughput. Occasionally I do switch trinkets depending on the encounter, (the trinket off of H alysrazor is the best throughput trinket I currently have) however, excessive mana could also be offset by, say, using Regrowth more flexibly.

As a disclaimer, there is no perfect spec. Content and playstyle play the largest role in determining personal talent choices.

Quote Originally Posted by kieble View Post
    Biggest thing I noticed is you're reforging into Crit. That's a big no no. Haste to 2005 > mastery = spirit if you have mana problems > crit. Never reforge to crit.
    I am having no mana problems in heroic content thus far, I am not prioritizing crit over mastery. As far as my reforges go, i do 2005 haste>mastery>crit>>>spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleventh View Post
    @Rakog
    Haha, thanks for the help mate, I currently have no access to the HC 4T12 since I didn't raid at all during Firelands. I have yet to see the Windward Heart drop for us in both Heroic and Normal modes. I guess I should replace Herbalism since I don't get anything from it other than Lifeblood, but I'm so poor and so lazy to get gold that I can't level another proffesion or buy epic gems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleventh View Post
    @Rakog

- You could drop Herbalism and get a more beneficial profession.
    - If you have it, use four t12 heroic pieces instead of four t13 normal pieces, the set bonus of t12 is that good.
    - Re-enchant your boots to 35 mastery and movement speed.
    - Re-gem your ring to a 40/50 int gem.
    - Drop furor and put those points into 3/3 Genesis and 2/3 Moonglow (2/3 Genesis and 3/3 Moonglow if you are having problem with mana). Furor is generally the worst mana talent we have.
    - Put epic gems in your BiS-items, please! I haven't seen the Ultraxion off-hand yet and I want it.
    - Seal of the Seven Signs is kinda bad, try getting Windward Heart (shared boss drop) or the heroic Alysrazor trinket.
    - You don't need more than 1/2 in Blessing of the Grove, put that talent wherever you feel necessary.
    - Get a haircut, that one is horrible!

Here's mine: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A1lic/advanced
    Dont see anything wrong i would give top marks if i did't see the one brilliant inferno ruby :P -- i wonder if you forgot it since you have epic gems in all gear.

Spec is good esp since you are doing end of heroic bosses (from what i've seen) though never a fan of naturalist talent (besides some fights i am thinking of respecing myself this week) .

Question are heroic trinkets better than the ds trinkets ? you have done heroic spine thats why i am asking . I thought the proc from eye does't work in plasma people. I understand the choice of heroic jaw though.( i wish i had it also).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oloss/advanced my link.

Deleted
    Rate me!! :<

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aansolo/simple
    Yeah I see that I logged out in my leather farming spec, but my heal spec is on the other tab and I'm in my healing gear.

@Torty everything looks pretty solid, any reason you're not using t13?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ackroot/simple

This is me.

I have been messing about with talent points so not sure what it will exactly look like when you follow the link.

2005 haste>mastery>crit>spirit

I only raid 10 man normal/heroic.

derping hard in this thread
    Jahlove, Troll Druid of <Huge in Japan>
    Armory | JahUI Download | Raid Livestream | Youtube

Bluetarragon - you have a ton of mastery, which is good. You haven't done much heroic FL/DS so I wonder how your mana is during fights where you are constantly spamming. (IE: Ultrax, DW). I suggest grabbing windward heart and giving yourself more spirit to work with.

Kamiya on Lightbringer - new MMO account, can't post links. Sweet.

9/10 do you need do much spirit while still running with T12? Are you running 10's with natures swiftness?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orous/advanced

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    8.5/10
    -Epic gems
    -I would put int spirit gem on blue socket (on belt) because u get 20 socket bonus from it. Imo 25spirit is worth losing 5int there.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bobob/advanced
    Slacking with epic gems atm, cus got no money for them. Also i would replace reckless gem on ring with 50+ int gem if i would have money. :P
    Spirit reforges are for heroic spine =)
    Oh yeah and i raid 10heroic.
    Last edited by ebah; 2012-02-18 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Migraine View Post
    9/10 do you need do much spirit while still running with T12? Are you running 10's with natures swiftness?

I raid heroic 25mans. 2300-2500spi is comfortable for ultrax+dw.

Quote Originally Posted by nectarine View Post
    I raid heroic 25mans. 2300-2500spi is comfortable for ultrax+dw.
    It was more the nature's swiftness, I have found it to be such a terrible cooldown that I haven't used it especially in 25s.

Quote Originally Posted by Migraine View Post
    It was more the nature's swiftness, I have found it to be such a terrible cooldown that I haven't used it especially in 25s.

NS is good for those pesky mages on zonozz, especially since me and the other resto druid watch cauterize. In 25s you can healing touch a bunch as a filler, so it's up quite often.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hifty/advanced
    I know im missing a chant, If you look in my recent activity I have a new belt and ring I also know that im over 2005 haste by a bit and that I have non optimal chant on my bracers. Im working on better trinks atm but sadly they never drop or when they do I lose them D: (Also gemming isnt perfect I need more 40 intel, to much haste)

Edit: I've got a bit of valor to spend if you notice that there is anything worth buying as an upgrade
    Last edited by Bladeoffury; 2012-02-20 at 07:53 PM.
    great new class idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    How did you manage to tame a Troll as a Seagull?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Nothing special here. Just GC and his obsession with crabs.